So what ever happened to creedo

I think Recall is just poking ya in the eye with a stick RMT.

It is kinda a' bash Ray thread...----all in fun though. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Has turned into a historical rant/Off Topic post .....

Re: quid custode ipso custodes???

reactor,

You asked if I wanted to continue it is like this for me. If I have something to post I post. If I don,t then I wont post. For me there is nothing to continue or nothing to stop. My observation about people talking to you and then disappearing still stands. It is the reason I joined this thread. I was agreeing to you running amok. I was not trying to personally attack you or smear you I am stating the facts. No one checks you at the door. No one pulls you back. I tried to stop it when you and Ruthless had your tiff but I saw that you don,t heed the group. If you take anything away from what I said at all then it would be this. Listen to others and heed their advice from time to time if it is a group opinion. If you are not there as moderator then you should act in line with the group. It it is a group opinion then I think you need to listen to it. I do how ever get pulled back by others in the group when I get out of line but you run un-checked. Not even Darby says anything to you but he will say something to someone else very quickly. Yes, I dragged him into this. Sorry Darby. I might be in for it now. That is ok. I am use to Darby giving me a piece of his mind. That is my view here backing up what was said to you running amok.

How about trying this: Endeavor to separate in your mind my actions as a Mod from my actions as a regular contributor to this forum. I can appreciate that you may not like my personal style. That can be said of many people, both here and IRL. But in this thread you have questioned and insinuated about my actions as a Mod, suggesting that I may ban people just because I argue with them. I have given you all the evidence you need to show such an implication is warrantless. Moreover, I feel my actions as Mod have been quite above-board. Please show me one case where I abused my Mod powers. And if you have a problem, you can always go to Raul. As far as I know, Raul has never told me I have overstepped my bounds.

As to my personal style and the allegation of "running amok". First, it is separate and distinct from my actions as Mod (agreed?). Second, many may not understand my style. I can assure you that those who know me IRL that are on this board understand my style, and fully realize where my passion comes from. Other may disagree with my style, and that is certainly their right. There are things I disagree with about your style, I have pointed them out to you, you noted them, and you continue to do them because they are part of your style. See how it goes both ways? I appreciate the feedback, but that does not mean I have to change and/or compromise my own principals just because someone may not agree with them or like them.

IRL, I am a teacher and mentor of engineering. And one aspect of my real life that carries over here is my tendency to strongly challenge how and upon what evidence people come to conclusions. In my business, to NOT challenge such processes can lead to people dying in a firey ball of flame which creates a smoking hole. Around here, the plethora of outright hoaxers and cornspiracy theorists who try to get other people to believe things based on very flimsy evidence can be a danger to others who might not know better. If I choose to challenge them, even in my own, personal "edgy" way, then that is my prerogative. You are more than willing to point out anywhere that I may violate TTI Terms Of Service, but I doubt you will find any/many.

I will ask Raul to move this to Off Topic.
RMT

I think Recall is just poking ya in the eye with a stick RMT.

It is kinda a' bash Ray thread...----all in fun though.

I hear ya. And I don't really mind all that much, because I can give as good as I get.

RMT

Then you "temper with" the Thread....
so Eistein said:

-Beg more
in answer to the remove of the link...
then you banned in order to wait for MOP! to decide the situation...

Again:
quid custode ipso custodes???

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt??????????

Restore the Thread...

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I do believe the link is still there from Einstein recall.

I went back and looked... I didn't click the link though.

But we were all there when it happened..

Even I didn't like it.

I thought it was uncalled for, But here would be the right thread if Einstein wants to come back and make a new point..LOL /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Kanigo2

I thought it was uncalled for, But here would be the right thread if Einstein wants to come back and make a new point..LOL

I think it's safe enough now to clear this up. I do believe at the time I was replying to a post made by Pamela. She had asked RMT about his belief in God. Of course he wouldn't reply. So I thought I could speed things up by posting a link to RMT's web page. He does give some insight to his religious beliefs on his web page. Now I haven't got a clue why RMT or others would be offended by my posting a link to his web page. After all, the web page is in the public domain for all to see. I found it in a google search. Of course I don't care to engage RMT or anyone for that matter in troll like confrontations. So if you guys want to get your kicks that way and get offended when someone spoils your fun, tsk tsk tsk...

Oh its all ok Einstein---

Like I said-- This is the place to pick on ray...LOL

What happened happened.. and even Raul wouldn't remove it.
That should tell ya something.

I got a strange feeling Ray had this coming for a while-but the best part is the temerity (from you- it felt personal)of the timing that I think bothered ME the worst.

Its like -- No personal attacks allowed..Unless of course we are in the right place for it.

Kinda follow me? Like a Celebrity Roast on Ray.....because even he couldn't stay away...

That way he has to put up with it..

Now me personally I have nothing against RMT whatsoever- In fact coming from the empty hole I was in and not forum wise-

and completely empty-as far as physics were concerned- he helped me when I asked for it.

Oh by the way- nice to see ya back E.

/ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Oh and one last edit- I do not feel in any way that anything should be enforced/ obligated/ in anyway shape or form in this forum. It is possibly the MOst honest forum that I am subscribed to.

I was only asking for justice.

When it lands in your lap, what do you do with it?
tsk tsk..

it`s a the LaW of KARMA!

karma1.jpg

Banning People cause BAD KARMA!!! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Vajrasatva Mantra to avoid BAD Karma!

OM VAJRASATTVA SAMAYA
MANU PALAYA
VAJRASATTVA TENOPA TISHTA DRIDO ME BAUA
SUTO CAYO ME BAUA
SUPO CAYO ME BAUA
ANUURAKTO ME BAUA
SARVA SIDHI ME PRAYATSA
SARVA KARMA SUTSA ME
TSIT TAM SHIRIYAM KURU HUM
HA HA HA HA HO VAGABAN
SARVA TATHAGATA VAJRA MAME MUTSA
VAJRA BAUA MAHA SAMAYA SATTVA
AH HUM PHET.

You cannot avoid Karma...

Its is the underlying UNWIND of a paradox resolving itself.

Lets check the spin on an object/event--- OH WAIT---- WE CAN'T-------

Oh wait-- 2nd Newton -solved also?

No way...!!!

Cause and effect....

Now Just Hold on a Cotten Pick\'in Munite

I haven't jumped in on this thread becaue I just wanted to sit back and see how people would respond who either either weren't there or would end up talking out their ass.

First, Raul banned Dan, not Ray. Second, the ban was not simply for the then current nonsense that was going on with him. And third, I see a post from one member stating that banning is bad karma in general - yet I don't see any bleeding hearts crying out for Javier to be allowed back or lamenting how unfair it was to ban him. Apparently general bad karma for banning doesn't apply to people you don't happen to like (or in that particular poster's situation, dont even know).

Before I proceed I'd like to see a show of hands from anyone here who, in the past, had ongoing email contact and occassional phone contact with either of them? (Darby's hand is up.)

Neither Dan nor Javier is the same kook that they are on the forums. IRL they are rather normal people.

That much being said, and getting back on topic as to Dan, I'll fill you in on the background.

I personally banned Dan twice on Anomalies. The bans were for really ticky-tack TOS violations.

The first time I gave him a 45 day suspension for on-going, over-the-top, personal, explicit, persistent and contracted over a long period of time sexual harassment of Pamela.

Not too long after I let him back on the forum I banned him for life. As I said, it was a ticky-tack violation. All he did was make 125 posts, wait for them to be responded to at length over the course of six weeks and one night he went into "Edit Mode" and changed or deleted each and every post the he had ever made on Anomalies to complete and utter nonsense, mostly with a sexual content. Every thread that he had ever started ended up making no sense at all to people who thereafter read them.

Anyone here ever take the time to notice the weird sexual content of his posts or how one day they said one thing but a few days later they weren't quite the same (and that assumes that you were even a member at the time)? Gosh, was there a pattern and a record of past bad acts that Raul might have drawn upon when making the decision?

Of course you didn't notice. You thought it was cute. Bad karma my ass.

When Raul finally got fed up with his nonsense here he was fully aware of what had transpired in the past on Anomalies because we had talked about it. We'd also talked at length about the crap back in 2003 when the site had only a half-dozen active members - Dan and a few friends - who were all posting nothing but nonsense to the extent that they had driven off every other active member. That's why I recommended Roel to him as a Moderator. Roel cleaned it up and the site was once again very active. But Roel dropped off the map and Dan went back to his nonsense.

You guys have all the fun you want bashing me. If that is your way to achieve gratification (whatsa matter, right hand getting tired?) then by all means...

The little Latin I learned in Catholic grade school is not sufficient to understand recall's attempts at proper Latin grammar. So whenever you want to talk to me as a human being, so that I can understand what you are saying/asking, I'd be happy to hold a conversation with you. Until then, you keep going ahead with a style I am sure you think others find "cute". Just know that there are likely others who find it annoying (something I learned from feedback from a friend when I was engaged in a "cute-fest" with Dan/Creedo).

Does anyone want to take jabs at me for being of Polish descent? Go ahead! Have all the fun you can stand.

RMT

I am just fiddling-- and I do think it is cute.

But seriously would you rather have it all in one place instead of splashed over every single thread?

I personally have seen nothing wrong with anything so far- except when E- had posted that- It was personal- and It came out of left field. In fact Einstein hadn't even been really posting in that thread much- he just jumped in on Ray, when someone had made a statement about him.

When It happened, I said something.

All I can say has already been said by the immortal Quagmire:

<font color="red">"Giggedy Goo!"[/COLOR]

quagmire-3865.jpg

RMT

ab abusu ad usum non valet consequentia...

Then Ray Mess with Ruthless:
Quoted:

<font color="red"> RainmanTime
Carpal Tunnel

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: LAX, CA, USA

Re: magnetic propulsion system. [re: ruthless]
09/03/08 12:16 PM (157.127.124.14)
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply

You selectively relate things discussed in private messages. I wonder why you do not discuss other things you have said to me in private messages? I respect your privacy enough to not make them public. Now who is acting like the ass?

In reply to:
but i will tell you this, i can thrash you both physically and mentally.

It always comes back to this (off-topic) issue for you. Violence. How mature. I do not discuss this, but perhaps I should. Perhaps I could relate that I am a member of the NRA and have been since I was 14? Perhaps I could relate just how experienced I am with firearms, or how many I have, or how often I go to the range? Perhaps I could relate that I am certified by the state of CA to carry a concealed weapon? Perhaps I could relate that my security clearance includes the use of force? But what would it serve that is on-topic? Nothing. I suggest you stay on topic. And the topic is all I will address, and it is all I have ever addressed. YOU are the one who takes it and makes it personal. Not me.

In reply to:
"He is a living testament for exactly how hard scaling-up anything is, and being able to make it right."

yeah, that really convinces me that i cant...

Problem is, nothing will convince you because you have the sophomoric attitude. You think you know it all, despite the fact that you are limited in what you know. Simple fact.

In reply to:
"DO YOU WISH TO GO ON?"

yes.

i suggest you choose your path wisely.

Nice (not). My path is the scientific method. And to stay completely on topic of "real science", here is a link to something much more exciting and practical than your idea...something which would have a MUCH lower impact to introduce into our existing infrastructure, and would have even GREENER benefits because it emulates what plants use to generate energy!

http://greensource.construction.com/people/0807_peoplewatch.asp

But here is the most important aspect of this article related to science that you have yet to understand. I hope you "get it" fairly soon:

"DN: It was not a nirvana moment. The first thing a scientist asks is, how is this thing going to screw me? When is the other shoe going to drop? So we ran control experiments, and they worked. Now we are submitting a paper for publication, and other scientists basically will try to attack it in order to help me. They are going to be really brutal. In research, you have to be so impartial and so analytical. There are lots of crusaders in science, because you can convince yourself of anything. Well, that’s a really slippery slope. Once I sense I’m starting on a crusade, I bring myself into the back room and slap myself around, because that’s when I stop being a good scientist. "

Read those bold passages over and over and understand them deeply. They are the crux of the issue here (that is your issue, not mine) in taking criticism personally. Science is NOT personal, and one should welcome criticism that shows the limitations of ones thinking. To take it personally is to deny that you may have made a mistake. And understand that although they are not words of mine that were originally intended to be directed at you, this prominent scientist is speaking directly to you and trying to reinforce the same thing I am trying to reinforce.

The more you make this personal, the less you will learn about science.
RMT

"The Future is Unwritten." Joe Strummer 1952-2002. RIP. [/COLOR]

And...

Quoted:
ruthless
old hand

Reged: 01/19/07
Loc: columbus,MS

Re: magnetic propulsion system. [re: RainmanTime]
09/03/08 01:30 PM (72.24.249.211)
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply

im going to make this short and sweet.

"You selectively relate things discussed in private messages. I wonder why you do not discuss other things you have said to me in private messages? I respect your privacy enough to not make them public. Now who is acting like the ass?"

you are. we can play dueling personal messages if you want, but im pretty sure you already know the outcome to that.

"It always comes back to this (off-topic) issue for you. Violence. How mature."

nothing violent about it. im just pretty sure you dont like knowing that you are very weak and frail compared to me. i know it doesent feel good to know this, yet this is what you try to do to others mentally when they argue with you.

"Perhaps I could relate that I am a member of the NRA and have been since I was 14? Perhaps I could relate just how experienced I am with firearms, or how many I have, or how often I go to the range? Perhaps I could relate that I am certified by the state of CA to carry a concealed weapon? Perhaps I could relate that my security clearance includes the use of force? But what would it serve that is on-topic? Nothing. I suggest you stay on topic. And the topic is all I will address, and it is all I have ever addressed."

perhaps i could tell you something you obviously do not know. guns are made for weaklings. my mother was shot and killed sept. 29th 1999 by one such weakling. after that, i decided to quit using guns forever. they have no purpose at all except to get your own ass in trouble.

i am not afraid of guns. they do not impress me.

"Problem is, nothing will convince you because you have the sophomoric attitude. You think you know it all, despite the fact that you are limited in what you know. Simple fact."

yes, that simple fact applies to all humans, including you. i guess your running out of sense nowadays...

"Nice (not). My path is the scientific method. And to stay completely on topic of "real science", here is a link to something much more exciting and practical than your idea...something which would have a MUCH lower impact to introduce into our existing infrastructure, and would have even GREENER benefits because it emulates what plants use to generate energy!"

and now we get to the part where i thrash you mentally.

this is what the whole things been about. i want you to read this very carefully so that maybe your rock-like head will soften a little and absorb some common sense...

you will tell me my idea is a good idea and then you will spend much more time trying to prove its a bad idea. which is it? a good idea or a bad idea? is that idea really more practical and exciting than my idea? or is it just your personal "passionate" opinion?

the bottom line is, quit telling me its a good idea, or quit trying to prove my idea to be shitty. its either one or the other. cant be both. that really makes you look like an idiot when your trying to tell me about dispassionate engineering. its obvious to see that you have a motive to keep on. that would be a passionate motive too, or you would have shut up when i told you to choose wisely.

dispassionate engineering is bull. whats a dispassionate engineer? a robot... and the funy thing about it is, if i have to have a dispassionate engineer, i'd choose the robot. they would actually do the job correctly.

what i would want is passionate engineers. people who dont take no for an answer and always find a way.

i hope you write and reply to this in a negative tone again. ive still got a few whoppers...

"Hope and imagination are the only consolations for the disappointments and sorrows of experience."

Italo Calvino

ab absurdo...