Spacedream 001: A Newborn Universe

Spacedreamer

Timekeeper
(This is a dream by a fictional character in one of my other stories... so this post was made "in character")

I just had a dream recently which I felt like sharing with whomever felt like reading it... so here it goes:

I was laying down in my bed, when suddenly I decided to quiet my mind and just let go of any kind of words from it... I reached a point of relaxation which almost blacked me out, until I suddenly opened my eyes, and there I was, laying down on the bed... I was out of my body, floating...

I've never had out of body experiences before, and somehow, this didn't feel like it... I was dreaming, and I realized that i was dreaming (I hardly ever do)... it just took three seconds to fully comprehend the advantage of the situation, and without a second thought, I just flew straight into space, hovering the Earth...

For some reason, I ended up very close to where the MIR space station is, and I decided to "fly" over there (flying is the best way i can describe what i was doing up there)... I wasn't surprised to see the space station surrounded by many different types of crafts... I had even seen a video about it before online, so it didn't surprise me at all... and I also was not shocked when i saw some winged beings circling the area ("ahh, so those are what people call 'angels'", i thought), as I think I had also observed something like that previously... my big shock came when I looked at my hands, and they were not hands anymore: I had become one of those winged beings, which lead me to the conclusion that those guys, probably, were someone else dreaming somewhere else, being there.. it's hard to explain.. in the dream it made sense...

Suddenly, I looked at one area of the space station... now, I don't know if I was using x-ray vision or what, but I saw something like a hall inside the station, with some astronauts talking to some very strange fellows... their skin color was something like a gray/dark blue shade, they were bigger than the astronauts, and seemed to be somewhat "pudgy"... oddly enough, and maybe because this was a dream, they looked very similar to the Gamorreans from Star Wars... that's the closest description I can give of them...

While I was trying to figure out what those beings were, they noticed my presence and started glaring at me, while the astronauts continued talking... this lead me to believe these strange beings were aware of my presence, but that was not the case of the human guys... at this point, one of the winged beings from before flew towards were I was and "told" me (he didn't use words) that "they" don't like being spied upon, and adviced me to get away from there, and so I did.

Me and this guy (i refer to him now, after having several additional dreams with him in it, as my "flying buddy") moved to a different area in space, away from the space station... he/she/it (I'm still not sure if gender applies to him/her) seemed to be really friendly and willing to show me the ropes... he asked me "well, you're here... where do you want to go?"... i looked around, and towards my right, I noticed this huge black hole, and so I replied "I'm not missing this chance to go there"... he just said "let's go", and we shot ourselves towards that direction.

So, going inside a black hole... what's the experience like? Well, I was dreaming, so I can't say this applies to non-ethereal bodies, but I'll do my best to describe it: as we were aproaching event horizon, my whole "body" expanded like a rubber band.. it was like, take a rubber band, and stretch it as much as you can... that was the feeling in that area... now release the rubber band abruptly, and that's how it felt going past event horizon... and still this isn't a good description of how it felt. Coming out at the other side of the hole was exactly the same thing, but in reverse... stretching rubber band before event horizon, releasing rubber band past event horizon and free from the black hole... and I thought that was quite something, but I wasn't ready to what came next....

I cannot describe the sensation, so I'll just describe what I saw the best I can: it was a newborn universe... or that's how I understood it was. There was light all around it, because it hadn't been completed yet. Imagine a huge expansion of light, with a universe in the center... I don't know how light can be divided like that, how can darkness be surrounded by light, and inside the darkness, all these new stars were shining... but outside of that, everything is light? I don't understand it myself... in the dream everything was clear to me, but, hey, that's a dream for you!

My flying buddy then pointed towards a planet, and off we went... the planet's structure was not THAT different from Earth.. I could tell there was an atmosphere, and I could see clouds, and green and brown expansions of land, and lots of water... yet, i could tell it was not the same as Earth... I didn't think much of it, because the next thing that caught my total attention were the inhabitants of this planet: they were some kind of blue sparkling slime, marching like ants, but they were all connected by the slime... you could tell the individual parts of it when thei raised their rounded heads as they were marching... but as soon as they did that, they would lower theird heads again, becoming part of the collective slime... and so on and so forth. It was fascinating, I didn't really know what their purpose was or what they were doing in general, and it was at this moment that my flying buddy showed me a "neat trick": with his arms (again, he had humanoid shape, but I can't really describe his limbs as arms or legs, but I use the analogy for a lack of better terms) he created an orb, which was transparent and seemed to contained millions of stars in it, with a very bright center... he made this orb grow as much as he could hold, then he made it hover a little towards the front, and then made it explode, creating a rain of bright energy droplets that fell all over the planet... particularly on this blue slime race of beings... what happened next is also hard to explain, but it felt like we moved forward in time maybe thousands, millions or billions of years... and I'm saying it "felt" like that, because in that particular situation, time didn't exist at all, we just moved through it.. like I said, it's hard to explain... but when it was done, I looked towards the area where the slime race was, and there they were: blue sparkling slime-like tall humanoid beings... they had evolved!! They didn't have faces or recognizable features, but they were now walking and moving more human-like... they still had their communal society and walking in lines for the most part... I was just overwhelmed by all of this and couldn't make much of the situation than what I've already described. At this point I was feeling mentally exhausted and sort of told my friend "I think this is enough for now, I better go home"...

We went back through the black hole, in the same manner we came in, and I headed back towards Earth... somehow I didn't say good bye to my flying buddy, he just went back his own way, as if etiquette really wasn't needed when you're an ethereal being in outer space... who knows. I located Earth, located my area, located my house, and I just shoot myself there ("shooting" is also the best way i can describe travelling this way in space.. you just pinpoint a location, and then are displaced right there in a fraction of a second... some would say "light speed", but somehow it felt even faster than that)... i saw myself in bed for a split second, and wham! I woke up.

This was the first of many dreams where I was fully aware of actually being in a dream, and believe me, I have taken advantage of the situation to travel to many places, which I'll probably narrate sometime in the future. Thanks for reading.