"The future ain't what it used to be."

Standard Model - with Higgs Boson

servantx

Timekeeper
With CERN's announcement of Higgs Boson.

We have a complete Standard Model of Particles and Forces. (no question mark after "Higgs Boson" after all)

bosons-1.jpg

Quarks
u = up
c = charm
t = top
d = down
s = strange
b = bottom

Leptons
√e = electron neutrino
õ = muon neutrino
√Ʈ = tau neutrino
e = electron
µ = muon
Ʈ = tau

Gauge Bosons
ɣ = photon
g = gluon
W = W boson
Z = Z boson

H = Higgs Boson

A diagram summarizing the tree-level interactions between elementary particles described in the Standard Model.

3282-a-diagram-summarizing-the-tree-level-interactions-between-elementary-p.jpg

A diagram summarizing the tree-level interactions between elementary particles described in the Standard Model.

3282-a-diagram-summarizing-the-tree-level-interactions-between-elementary-p.jpg
I'm under the opinion that the higgs boson is a converter of different kinds of forces. It cant really make something from nothing, but I do believe that understanding zero point energy is close.

I do have a better model. I will sketch a diagram and see about uploading it. These are terrible charts. You must show the size, the right colors, and the spin direction. You must pair the type of force with the generations. You must pair the photon with the electrons, muons and t.. Etc. I'll draw a simple picture anyone can follow.

If you understand that when a proton and an anti-proton collide, they die and give birth to an up-quark and an anti-up-quark, then you basically understand the entire subatomic process on all three levels of force.
The photon should be grouped with the electrostatic and magnetic pole e, m, t.
The strong force gluon should be grouped with the quarks g?, g?, and g?. Because they still don't know that that there are three types of gluons.
The w-, w+, and z zero should be grouped with the weak force neutrinos and is the most understood in this subgroup.
The Higgs boson might just be a type of photon. I ain't sayin' as there is nothing like this.
This chart is already understood by many. I'm just pointing out what the many have confused.
Sure we have the Higgs boson and now we're going to discover that the Higgs boson is really g?, g?, g?, y?, y? and also y?

You will have to cut and paste this to avoid the bots that redirect you to nothing.
kira3696.tripod.com

O.k. So here is the basic formula for all 3 states of matter. Actually all cycles in nature..
It basically says that you need to break the egg to make the chicken so that the chicken can lay another egg.
Particle1 annihilates Particle2 to create Force3.
Force3 decays to create Particle3.
Particle3 annihilates Particle4 to create Force4.
Force4 decays to create Partical5 add infinity.
All in perfect symmetry.

Skarpz. There is nothing cryptic about these gravitational time space distortion formulas! Get it? Nobody can see these formulas unless they are following my username 'ren1999' around the net. These formulas are for you all to enjoy and for a few scientists to get inspired. If we are truly ready for this technology, they'll figure out how the Kaons create a "StarGate".

If you understand that when a proton and an anti-proton collide, they die and give birth to an up-quark and an anti-up-quark, then you basically understand the entire subatomic process on all three levels of force.

It will yield 2 down quarks, 2 anti-down quarks, 1 up quark and 1 anti-up quark, emit 2 gluons and "give birth" to 1 neutron (ddu) and 1 anti-neutron (ddu) - bold indicating anti-quarks.

The photon should be grouped with the electrostatic and magnetic pole e, m, t.
The strong force gluon should be grouped with the quarks g?, g?, and g?. Because they still don't know that that there are three types of gluons.
The w-, w+, and z zero should be grouped with the weak force neutrinos and is the most understood in this subgroup.
The Higgs boson might just be a type of photon. I ain't sayin' as there is nothing like this.
This chart is already understood by many. I'm just pointing out what the many have confused.
Sure we have the Higgs boson and now we're going to discover that the Higgs boson is really g?, g?, g?, y?, y? and also y?

You will have to cut and paste this to avoid the bots that redirect you to nothing.
kira3696.tripod.com

Hi John, what are the g? and y? Please indicate with full name of quark or lepton, or use Greek alphabet. I couldn't see it clearly. Thank you.

It will yield 2 down quarks, 2 anti-down quarks, 1 up quark and 1 anti-up quark, emit 2 gluons and "give birth" to 1 neutron (ddu) and 1 anti-neutron (ddu) - bold indicating anti-quarks.

Hi Darby,

Do you have any physics document to support that statement? I understand that proton-antiproton collision will annihilate each other and produce the following result in Fermilab instead...

grimm_collision_small.gif

Hi Darby,

Do you have any physics document to support that statement? I understand that proton-antiproton collision will annihilate each other and produce the following result in Fermilab instead...

grimm_collision_small.gif

This chart basically says that when you collide matter with antimatter, it will explode into different things and a part of that explosion will cool and reform new matter and antimatter. This process is as consistent and constant as breathing air in and out of your lungs.

This chart basically says that when you collide matter with antimatter, it will explode into different things and a part of that explosion will cool and reform new matter and antimatter. This process is as consistent and constant as breathing air in and out of your lungs.

Thank you for the explanation in common terms, John, do you think Darby's post is correct? My knowledge comes from page 17-18 of this NASA paper.

http://www.engr.psu.edu/antimatter/papers/nasa_anti.pdf

It said "In most cases, the timescales for confinement or heating interactions will be shorter than the decay time of the muons. Hence, the final products of the reaction will be the gamma rays in Eq. (A2), and the charged pions or muons in Eqs. (A3) and (A4). However if the process is allowed to proceed through muon decay, then the electrons and positrons in Eqs. (A5) and (A6) combine and annihilate to form two 0.5 MeV gamma ray..."

Both the NASA paper and the Fermilab diagram are a bit different to Darby's answer. I thought the Proton-Antiproton collision will annihilate and result in mouns and gamma ray.....

Back