Chronovisor Stupid Webmaster Q&A for Dummies

Keith Rowland

Temporal Novice
This section will list and answer basic and sometimes silly questions that have been sent to the webmaster. I list them here for your edification and entertainment, in the true spirit of Dave's "Stupid Pet Tricks" and the "For Dummies" book series.

I live in Minneasota and would like to know what time and what station I can catch Art Bell's program. Could you please E-mail and let me know.

Actually I'd rather your click on the STATIONS link on the web page and read the list for yourself. It would save us both time and energy.

The link is also on the HOME PAGE.

Could you possibly provide me with the email address for Father Malachi Martin?

I try my very best to provide a GUEST information page that lists ANY and ALL information I have on guests. If it isn't there, I don't have anything else.

The link is also on the HOME PAGE.

KTRS dropped Art Bell as of 7/7/96. Any suggestions for listeners in St. Louis?

I am a webmaster who does a web page for Art Bell, I do not work for the network. I don't work in Affiliate Relations. So I am not associated with the adding and dropping of stations. I have no more information than you do. In fact you would have more information, since you live there.

I suggest you call the CBC network if you want to ask them regarding any future affiliate additions.

Otherwise I suggest....
  1. Tuning around the AM dial during show time and see if you can pick up the program on another station.

2. And if you can't quite heard a station, try a Select-A-Tenna from C.Crane at 1-800-522-8863.

3. Purchase a C-Band Satellite Dish and pick up the network on it. I do and it's great.

4. Try listening via Real-Audio.

How do I get my cat picture on this web site? How often do you update your pictures?

As STATED on the CAT PAGE:
The cat pictures are not a priority at the Art Bell web site. It was simply an extra fun thing to do. I collect pictures for a while and when I have time, will add a bunch to it. There is no particular urgency or schedule for posting them.

I was just wondering when the site was going to be updated.

When there is something new to post! But if you press your RELOAD button, you just might get a NEWER page than what you are seeing now. You might be seeing an OLD page that was retrieved from your local disk cache. Pressing RELOAD will tell your web browser to load a newer copy from our web site.

Please look through our FAQ page and TIPS page for more information.

You might think about changing the background on Linda Howe's webpage. It is hard to read with the brown/beige background and the light lettering.

Well, in fact, the lettering is supposed to be BLACK. You must have changed your own personal settings to display some other color and are overriding the default BLACK font color. Black does look fine on the brown/beige background.

Check your Options / Preferences Menu of your browser.

I am trying to post messages on the board. I keep getting rejected from the system. Am I perhaps doing something wrong?

You need to be more specific as to the problem. Your technical description leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe you should consider REGISTERING for the system by filling out the REGISTRATION form on the web page. If you have already have gotten a password returned from me, you MUST login to the system using your name and password.

If I want to get the Bumper music, I download the MIDI files but when I try nothing happenes could you tell me what is going on?

First, you need to have a MIDI music player. Windows comes with one called MPLAYER.EXE.

Secondly, you should have your web browser setup to use this MIDI player to play MIDI files that are clicked on with the web browser. This is setup through your browser options. Normally this is already setup for you too.

So if it is not working, first check to be sure you have MPLAYER and then check to be sure your browser is setup to use it.