Support TTI!

Dizzie

Temporal Navigator
By the way...I'm thinking that we should all be clicking on a few ads each time we visit TTI. Couldn't hurt to pause for the cause...

By the way...I'm thinking that we should all be clicking on a few ads each time we visit TTI. Couldn't hurt to pause for the cause...
That's dangerous! Don't do it! By clicking, you are giving consent to possible invasive software to implant itself on your computer.

That's dangerous! Don't do it! By clicking, you are giving consent to possible invasive software to implant itself on your computer.
While I do appreciate the sentiment, I disagree. They are all Google AdSense ads. If you've ever created ads for adsense, you know that there are strict controls on what ads get published. Furthermore, any modern browser and security configuration will alert you to any non-zero day exploits. At most, you'll have an innocuous cookie added, which can be easily erased and as I understand it are becoming somewhat obsolete anyway. Click away, I say!

You definitely can't be too careful with stuff like this on the internet - Many advertising companies do some sneaky things in the background and if you're not careful about the sites you visit, you can absolutely catch something you don't want. Not all sites deliver those kinds of ads though - @Dizzie is right, we use AdSense which is strictly controlled.

Google does deliver ads based on both the content of the site and your browsing/search history, so if you're not okay with that you can find out how to turn that off here:

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/142293?hl=en

I know @Einstein uses AdBlock which is totally fine! I use AdBlock too, but have it turned off for specific sites that I know I can trust (Paranormalis, The Admin Zone, reddit, a few others I can't remember).

I definitely don't expect to be able to force you to see anything you don't want to see, so if you're blocking ads then next-best way you can support the site is to post interesting stuff and post it frequently.

At the moment, both Dizzie and Einstein are on the "TTI Honor Roll", which is special group you can get promoted to if you've:

1. Been registered for at least 30 days

2. Have made at least 30 posts in the last 30 days

People in this group are only shown one ad at the top of the page as a kind of "thank you" for being active, as posting often helps draw new people in and keeps the site active :) I'll add some more perks to this group in the future as well.

Also coming soon is a way to donate to the site and join "Cum Laude", "Magna Cum Laude" and "Summa Cum Laude" groups - These groups will get some extra permissions and features, as well as ZERO ads.

Hopefully this makes sense! A totally ad-laden site is a pain in the ass to look at so I'm doing my best to balance things between "tolerable for the members" and "helpful in paying the bills to continue building the site" ;)

All of this is a long-winded way to say the following:

Support the site in whatever way you prefer or think helps the most.

HOWEVER: DO NOT CLICK ADS SIMPLY TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE SITE!

This is a violation of AdSense's TOS and can get our site banned!

If you see something genuinely interesting, feel free to click on it but please do not click just to throw a few cents our way.