The TTI Shakeup - Details

Moderatorship - perhaps it isn't something that should be ADVERTISED. Rather, we should personally invite people. Otherwise, you get people posting a ton on purpose and these people may not have a genuine interest. Know what I mean?

And would Kerr and I be global moderators?

All good questions!

Will Kerr and I still override any decision they have as moderator?
Yes, to the extent that you're not just overriding to override. Buying moderatorship takes time and effort, probably more than any other feature we'll have in the shop. They are bound to have different ideas about what should go on in a thread within their forum, so we should allow them that ownership and leeway ias long as they don't violate any of our guidelines.I'm still exploring how the shop feature works, but plan to have a "Volunteer Moderators" forum that they get access to as part of the status jump. If any of us spot something we're concerned about, we can @ tag them in a thread and figure it out together. If we see them doing something nutty like editing posts with dickbutt, we'll revert their changes and ban them from ever being allowed to purchase that upgrade again.

I'll make sure you and Kerr both have the ability to revert post edits, but I honestly don't see that as a big threat. Any change they make is reversible (and they'll know that), so to put in all that work to do something stupid and get banned... In the end, we'll get like 400 good posts out of them and nothing will have been damaged ;) There's no upside to them being malicious.

Will they have access to the users, IP addresses, etc. like we do?
Probably not. I don't see the harm in allowing them to see an IP, but it's probably not useful information for them to have. They'll be able to edit, close, sticky and maybe move a thread to a different category (which they can't move back) and that's about it.

How can we be 100% sure that they are following our motto of being open, friendly, etc? We won't knowwhat they are saying in private to people.
Private messages have a report button which will loop us all in if they're being stupid. Their banner will also say Volunteer Mod, so nothing they say or do is really going to be perceived as being sanctioned by us.

Wait, you are not keeping the timetravel institute domains?

What will happen is ALL Time Travel Institute addresses will forward to this one forum category. This category will even continue to use the current blue TTI theme, and things can more or less carry on as they do now. Nothing is getting deleted, and nothing is going away.

Moderatorship - perhaps it isn't something that should be ADVERTISED. Rather, we should personally invite people. Otherwise, you get people posting a ton on purpose and these people may not have a genuine interest. Know what I mean?
Inviting people will be seen as picking and choosing and turns this into a popularity contest. I want to focus on content.If someone wants to moderate the Aliens and UFOs forum bad enough, they'll have to contribute heavily. If they start shitposting, those posts get removed and they lose more points than they thought they'd gain.

If that person does a good enough job, THEN we invite them to a permanent position.

And would Kerr and I be global moderators?
Yes, you both keep your status. See my post above :)

Trying to catch up on all this. Sounds like you have it figured out. :) Just let us know when this is "launched".
No worries - It's the holidays, things are crazy and I'm throwing a LOT out there all at once :) I've been thinking this through since about September so I may not have articulated everything in my brainhole, but it'll work out :) This is all taking place over a span of a few months, so anything I don't have figured out now will be worked out by the time this moderator thing is even ready.

No worries - It's the holidays, things are crazy and I'm throwing a LOT out there all at once :) I've been thinking this through since about September so I may not have articulated everything in my brainhole, but it'll work out :) This is all taking place over a span of a few months, so anything I don't have figured out now will be worked out by the time this moderator thing is even ready.
Aye Cap'n. It's been so busy here and I've been busy so keeping up has been difficult. :p But it's all good.

Apologies for the repeat question but I can't find where I originally posted this! :) Are you not going to use the TTI urls any more?
@PaulaJedi I'm moving this question back into the team forum - I don't want people to get the impression I didn't disclose this to staff prior to making the decision. From the first post in this thread:

Time Travel - To maintain some continuity and help people not feel like TTI is being disposed of, this forum category will continue to use the current blue theme. The current TTI domains will also land directly in this forum category.
TTI domain will no longer be the primary URL. It will be used, but will only land in the time travel category.