"The future ain't what it used to be."

this is jon titor

Oh the humanities!

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

:D
RMT

I can only imagine that, judging from the general feeling, if a John were to return, most of you would not know if you fell over him. :) I dont either, but Im not ruling out any possibilities. What would make you 'convinced' if a John claimant surfaced? Would you need video? Not enough maybe. Would you need a personal tour of the drive distortion unit?
I would imagine that a John returning would be made to jump proof hoops in here. Maybe we should all just realize that everything JOhn wrote has come to pass within an approx 2.5 percent divergence. The term 'war' in the original posts is where people seem to drop and disbelieve the Titor messages. Civil 'war'....look around and there has been a war between the governments and the people. Its not televised or covered in as much but its been there a long time.

Cheers

It's this kind of JT apologist post that fogs the issue..... J.T._9663 you could even be the same poster with a different account....I am waiting for the other guy to come back and answer some questions. He either is the the original JT or he is not..but either way, if he can't /won't answer simple questions , of what possible use is he to anybody? He's like a ham sandwich at a Barmitzvah....completely redundant and without purpose.

Maybe we should all just realize that everything JOhn wrote has come to pass within an approx 2.5 percent divergence.

And maybe you should provide some veridical evidence to support that claim? You could start by giving a scientific quantification of how one measures divergence, and from there proceed on to your evidence that EVERYTHING that Titor wrote about has come to pass within that 2.5% "divergence."

I expect, rather than begin to act on this challenge, instead you will just post non-scientific mumbo jumbo about how I should see your interpretation of events to meet John's predictions. Just like you want to re-interpret "civil war" to mean anything you wish.

Take a look at my post count, pal. This ain't my first rodeo with clowns like you. ;)
RMT

Vodkafan, you've got some good points. If a dog doesn't act like a dog, does that mean its a cat? There is obvious 'expectations' to as what a 'real' John would say or do. Is there an Excaliber test that would appease your minds/bring unwanted government attention to John if he exposed himself without a care?
RainmanTime, a scientific explanation to support my claim that everything John said has come to pass within a 2.5 percent divergence. If we drop our expectations and ego regarding all this, then seeing things clearly becomes very easy. I have heard of posers claiming to be John. I can assure you I am not using a sock puppet. My initials are J.T. And I just like those 4 numbers.
I would be happy to civilly debate how I see how Johns predictions have come true. I ask just that you keep any questions in point form.
Where would you like to start my friend? As for the clown jab, I can see you have a well-sharpened wit :)
Cheers

RainmanTime, a scientific explanation to support my claim that everything John said has come to pass within a 2.5 percent divergence. If we drop our expectations and ego regarding all this, then seeing things clearly becomes very easy.

I am not interested in subjective interpretations. But quite frankly, that is just about all you have to go on. We've seen this all before on this forum. And it is not about "dropping expectations and ego", unless the expectations you wish me to drop are ones based on the scientific method. If so, then it is a non-starter for me.

I would be happy to civilly debate how I see how Johns predictions have come true. I ask just that you keep any questions in point form.

I am not interested in "how you see" they have come true. Again, this implies subjectivity, and that is all too over-used when it comes to "proving" Titor's predictions have come to pass. I am interested in you presenting an objective, measurable, quantifiable case for the claim you have made.

For example: It seems pretty clear that the Olympics have continued to be held, every two years, after the year that Titor predicted they should have ceased. Your task is now to somehow explain how that clear failure of a prediction somehow fits within a <2.5% "divergence" allocation... and in order to do that, you will have to define said divergence in a deterministic manner, as opposed to a stochastic manner.

If you do that, I may not have any questions at all. But I may have some refutations, or corrections, depending on how faithful to science your case is laid out.

RMT

My apologies for the late reply. I cannot always take time for composing my thoughts and an expression.

Vodkafan, I can assure you I am 'not' claiming to be anyone but myself. The website owner must have logs of my email address to signup and I'm sure the ability to back-trace these things would be available to them. TT_OO I believe might be the man you're looking for. Call it instinct, gut, intuition, I don't know. Its just what I believe. Look at 'their' age...

RMT, after careful thought, and curious pondering, I think that If I were to have something valuable that otherwise might be corrupted, might be attacked, or even lost, I would suspect that a select few 'guards' of information would have the honed ability of experience to 'keep the wolves' at bay. I can appreciate and understand that its been a very long time and a very long road for some.

There is some confusion though, as I am unsure of who believes the Titor story, who doesnt believe, what each person hopes to gain, what knowledge they are seeking. This makes communication difficult.

My personal belief is that once you look at MWI, it becomes clear as day that the 'theory' seems to be 'for all practical purposes', an umberella or maybe a glove of idea that fits snugly over the existing, seemingly 'unconnected' realms in not only science, but paranormal, personal and other areas that are 'mysterious'. To digest or understand the Titor tale, the only way any of it makes any internally-consistent sense is by using the backdrop of MWI as, at least, a working hypothesis and thus factor into ones thinking. (Or, more accurately, replace our awareness. Much like a 3d understanding of our surroundings and nonlocal surroundings being replaced with a consistent 4d awareness.)

Otherwise, then the story doesnt make any sense. I think this is where people have big trouble in digesting the 'predictions.

An example is with the seemingly failed 08 Olympics prediction. On the surface, the prediction never happened. To most of us, this is a clear example of why John 'must' be a fake. The Original John was from an approx 2 percent divergence worldline to our own, or his being equal distance relative. Now, I dont know much about the why's, and answers, but someone mentioned somewhere that the 08 Olympics were marred by controversy at the time and they mentioned an approx amount of protesters. For this, we will say, hypothetically there were 100 individual protestors. Now, If I am to 'consider a 'resolvable conclusion' that somehow is a working explanation on John's validity, and MWI's, then the only explanation that I can come up with is that approx 2 percent (divergence) of Protesters, who would have otherwise possibly been the 'needle that broke the camels back', for whatever reasons (divergence) never showed up.
Sounds silly on the outset, how could approx 2 protesters be of any difference right?
Heres the intresting part.
it is very possible that the percentage of protesters 'missing' could well have been the most vocal and If they did happen to attend, they might have inspired the other protesters to be more adamant and vocal about the issue. The way I see it, the only way to take John's predictions seriously is to account for the MWI. Without it,the Titor story is full of seemingly 'failed' predictions and inconsistencies.
Now, as debate is often marred with bringing triviality, ego and personal attacks, I can only illustrate this with a very real example of divergence.
I have a favourite band, as we all do. Now, I know my favourite musical group consisted of 4 members. 2 were highly creative and innovative, but for the most part, the other 2 were accomplished, just not as creative.
Ok, so Band X, before they become popular, decide to enter a battle of the bands with 24 other musical groups of 4 members each. Again, this is just an example, so stay with me.
Band X is 4 members. 25 groups of 4 is 100 bandmembers.
What if there were an approx 2 percent divergence? Is it possible that my 2 percent, my 2 favourite band members did not attend the battle of the bands. a 2 percent divergence.
My favourite band never go on to fame, and I never hear amazing songs from them.
Instead of the 2 percent, the 2 creative people going on to being a very visible and major part of musical history, they were not.
In my eyes, this explanation works 'only' if we consider MWI.

Trying to understand most of what Titor said 'without' the MWI is flawed and really is damn confusing.
I think any of John's claims can be explained. You just need to accept the MWI, and it all makes a helluva lot more sense.

Im fairly confident any 'confusion' in the John story can be found to be 'internally consistent' in the MWI framework/mindset.

Cheers Gentlemen.

Trying to understand most of what Titor said 'without' the MWI is flawed and really is damn confusing.
I think any of John's claims can be explained. You just need to accept the MWI, and it all makes a helluva lot more sense.

Im fairly confident any 'confusion' in the John story can be found to be 'internally consistent' in the MWI framework/mindset.

So explain the Many Worlds Interpretation (of Quantum Mechanics). I have to add that it is most definitely not a "mindset" or a philosophy. It is a physical principle of quantum mechanics that attempts to unify QM with General Relativity.

To help you along a bit: One thing that it does not propose is that the physical laws of daughter universes differ from the parent universes. In other words, stating that anything and everything that one can possibly imagine can occur (hand wave - hand wave, WOO "The physical laws changed over there in the other universe.") is not a valid statement attributable to MWI, i.e. gadgets with a gross mass of 225 kg do not contain black holes that Chevy trucks can drive through in this or any other of the multiple worlds branching off from our local reality.

. The website owner must have logs of my email address

He may... Considering the bouncing emails and all that.. but the first one used.. IF you gave the same info to Mop he would have it. If your information were genuine. I for one do not believe Titor would ever post anything in this day and NSA age. His writings kinda indicated something to the effect of when we had anonymity and .. in this day and age... we don't. Meh.... forward progress goes.

Back