Thread prefixes for General Discussion

Believe that the General Discussion category is becoming a general catch-all for posts. It isn't specified that it is about a general discussion on the subject of Time Travel. IF it isn't , then the Off-Topic category is a duplicate.

I saw the new member introduce themselves in the GD, thus would like to see a Meet & Greet category. Which I also believe would be a good place to maybe write a brief who we, the staff members, are to the members. Um. to hopefully make it clear we are FANS of ; Not the Men ( or women ) in Black or any other governmental agency.

The Paranormal and Fringe, not sure what is being considered Fringe? Science ? If so, then Fringe seems too broad of a prefix. Paranormal itself is it's own field and potentially contains a lot on it's own. With the other forums in the wings, i.e., Esoteric Dimensions, do we even need a Paranormal section here ?

I noticed the John Titor tags in Urban Legends and they sort of "hide" the other urban legends. Should we give a tag to them?

Like, Other Legend or just Legend...... (suggestions welcome)

Believe that the General Discussion category is becoming a general catch-all for posts. It isn't specified that it is about a general discussion on the subject of Time Travel. IF it isn't , then the Off-Topic category is a duplicate.
Agreed. I was moving a lot of posts to general.

I agree; I don't remember why I made both an Off Topic and a General category... I think I forgot to rename something when I was getting it all set up. Damn edibles messing with me in the night times.
Here's what I've been thinking for that section of the forum:

• TTI Community (category container)
    General Discussion (forum)
    Spirituality

• Sports

• TV & Movies

• Literature

• Video Games

• Music

• LOL

• News & Politics

• Wellness

• Travel

• Random

• Cooking

• Relationships

• Computers

• Links

• Pets

• Introductions

• Survival

• Rants

[*]Forum Games (forum)

[*]Paranormal & Fringe (forum)

• Aliens

• Cryptids

• Conspiracies

• Ghosts

• Weird

• Parapsychology

[*]Front Desk (forum)

[*]Site Feedback

Items in italics would be prefixes. Most of these are just lifted from Above Top Secret's categories:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php[/URL]http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php

Anything that DOESN'T fit within the normal prefixes would be filed under "Random". Maybe starting a thread here (and elsewhere) should REQUIRE.a prefix?

I thin it looks like this because I did a blanket search for any thread with the word TITOR in the title and moved it there.. Once the other threads from the archive filter in it will probably be less overwhelming. We can also style the prefixes nicer so there's some more visual distinction between all of them.

What is Random?
Not necessarily what, but who. Random is a character is The Chronicles of Amber science fiction / fantasy series.
To quote Wikipedia , " The Amber stories take place in two contrasting "true" worlds, Amber and Chaos, and in shadow worlds (Shadows) that lie between the two. These shadows, including our Earth, are parallel worlds that exist in, and were created from, the tension between opposing magical forces of Amber and Chaos. The Courts of Chaos are situated at the very edge of an Abyss. Members of the royal family of Amber, after walking a Pattern that is central to Amber, can travel freely through the Shadows. While traveling (shifting) between Shadows, one can alter reality or create a new reality by choosing which elements of which Shadows to keep or add, and which to subtract. Nobles of the Courts of Chaos who have traversed the Logrus are similarly able to travel through Shadow. "

Aaaaand, am sure that's not what Cosmo was writing about................

LOL!

I threw "Random" in there to help cover people like cupcakeman or cigsmokingman. In moving things around, I've come across plenty of threads where I read the first post seven times and still don't understand what the topic is. It's more for our benefit than theirs ;)

I'll do some work on this when we get home from church in a few hours.

Creedo299 followed the old category prefixes, but in his own way. Not sure if invisible people feeding his fish was actually about time travel or paranormal. He figured it was time traveling alien shadow people, so how to work THAT one out...??

Will throw this in. Creedo actually had an interesting perspective relative to the structure of the forum. He compared it to a tall building. The elites, penthouse suites were on the top floors. And the less than worthy categories were in the Basement. When he got in trouble, he felt he was banned from the top floors of the building and placed into the Basement, and IF he behaved, only then would he be allowed to the upper floors once more.

LOL!
I threw "Random" in there to help cover people like cupcakeman or cigsmokingman. In moving things around, I've come across plenty of threads where I read the first post seven times and still don't understand what the topic is. It's more for our benefit than theirs ;)

I'll do some work on this when we get home from church in a few hours.
But now we have a random, a general, and an off topic LOL