Time travel: A VERY 'GRAVE' STEP

Chrio

Temporal Novice
Time travel: A VERY \'GRAVE\' STEP

Jeremiah 33.20-21 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, that there should not be day and night in their season; [Then] may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

The Hebrew word ‘eth’ which is interpreted in the above passage as ‘season’ doesn’t mean ‘season’ at all, it means ‘usual order’. ‘eth’ derives from ‘ad’ which means ‘continuing future.’ And ‘ad’ derives from ‘adah’ which means ‘advance’ and ‘go forward’. We are covenanted to observe day and night in their usual order, and going in any direction, is forbidden.

Time travel has always been possible, and it has always been forbidden. Indeed, knowledge of time travel is the forbidden fruit of Eden: to eat of it means certain banishment. Men walk through the wrong doors every day, and they are tempted with the forbidden fruit; sadly, when the ‘mythos’ of Eden becomes their reality - as with our progenitors - almost all men fail. For where is the one who can resist the ‘magic’ of being transported through time to another era? Who is strong enough to resist the temptation of, seeing all parts of the world in a mere ‘moment of time’?

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

With respect, Rainman, God did not bestow knowledge of time travel, or it would be ‘common knowledge’. He bestowed so much else, including fire, but He left the ‘knowledge’ of time travel in the safe-guarding of the Levites who stayed behind to serve Him. The service they were charged with was to deliver the Law of acceptance of progressive, uninterrupted futurity ‘to a wicked world of iniquity and idolatry’.

The day draws near when time travel will be annouced as ‘a new thing’ and we will all be tested as were Adam and Eve. But - and this to my deepest sorrow - the consequence of time travel will not be revealed, it never is. How many will partake of the fruit in their hope to be as gods? For as many will learn, over the course of a thousand long years, that to be ‘as’ gods is not to be gods. A step out of time is a grave step in the wrong direction.

Thanks for your responses Creedo and ‘thetruth’. The time frame of the Bible is one day, and one thousand years, and eternal. The Bible is not a history book, it is a Register of the contracts that exist between God and ourselves; observance of the contracts therein, assure ‘progressive’ evolution. Breaking the contracts in the Register assures a very different fate altogether.

Chrio

Re: Time travel: A VERY \'GRAVE\' STEP

Greetings Chrio:

With respect, in turn, for you: I am not "baiting" you in any of my questions. I am the type who enjoys dialogue with those who have different views than mine, so that I might understand their interpretations of things. With that...

, knowledge of time travel is the forbidden fruit of Eden: to eat of it means certain banishment.
I wonder where and how you came upon this interpretation? Certainly, there is no such implication in the "official" King James English version. Did you somehow arrive at this from a direct interpretation of the original Hebrew? I was always taught (I grew up Catholic) that the knowledge of good and evil was the "forbidden fruit".

And it seems you know something of Hebrew translations, so you might also know of the numerical nature of Hebrew wherein words and letters can be interchanged based on numerical values. Such mathematical interpretive vehicles go by the names "Gematria", "Temura", and "Notariquon". Inasmuch as this may be true, I am of the belief that Genesis (and perhaps the entire Torah) is actually an "N-dimensional" text. Such an interpretation would also support the concept of "Bible Codes" embedding of knowledge within these texts.

Some believe that one of the "N-dimensional" interpretaions has a direct relationship to the scientific structure/workings of the universe. One such interpretation of the "knowledge of good and evil" relates to the "hidden" relationship between our mortal selves and God, in the apparant form of pluralism (good vs. evil, black vs. white, yes vs. no, etc.). For the sake of Love (the ability to re-unite), God created pluralism, and therefore Free Will, which allows us to perceive each other, and the rest of the universe, as separate from ourselves.

God did not bestow knowledge of time travel, or it would be ‘common knowledge’.
Hmmm. This is a bit troubling for me, for who/what defines the nebulous "common knowledge"? The variety of human intellect necessitates that what is common knowledge for a person with a very high IQ, who can grasp abstract concepts easily, is very much esoteric knowledge for someone with lower abilities in abstract thinking.

What of our understanding of DNA, and our soon-to-be capability to engineer it? Some would point to this sector of knowledge as being the "knowledge of good and evil". Would you also think it a mortal sin for us to manipulate what we now know to be the seed of life? If so, then would this not make time travel but one aspect of a whole range of things that God purportedly does not want us playing around with?

I'm interested in understanding your viewpoints....

Kind Regards,
RainmanTime