Time Travel- If it is possible then what good use does it have?

For civilians? Of course, none.

But for rich people, it can make them richer, for the governors to have much more control over the civilians already knowing what is going to happen.

People are greedy and selfish, so clearly there will be at least one case in which he will return with an idea from the future or maybe even one from our years, in order to develop it.

Hi @RadicalResearcher - Welcome!

I mentioned this on Paranormalis, but something akin to time travel archeology. Send a small drone or other undetectable technology back in time, somewhere desolate where entry/exit isn’t going to affect anything, fly to that location, record events, and then report back home with their findings.

Thinking about it now, I’m not sure how you’d achieve that without altering things even just a little… Preventing a bug from wandering this way or that. Any change would send you back to a different worldline so you’d have to figure that out, but as a practical use I think archeology and making efforts to understand our origins would be the best use.

Time travel as a means of doing research and filling the gaps we find in our history books would be a great start.

Imagine being able to know, for sure, how they built the pyramids. That’s just one example, there. It would be awesome.

Thinking about this some more…

If time travel is possible using the theories of John Titor, it can have many practical applications.
  • Historical Preservation: Time travel could be used to preserve and learn from historical artifacts, understand the past and prevent any changes that would impact the future.
  • Fixing Mistakes: We all make mistakes, and with time travel we could go back and fix them before they become a problem.
  • Changing Fate: It might be possible to use time travel to change a person 's fate or alter the course of their life.
  • Research & Development: Time travel could also be used
    for scientific research and development purposes, such as testing new technologies or exploring alternate timelines.
  • Fulfilling Wishes: Lastly, there 's the possibility that time travel could be used to fulfill wishes or make dreams come true by visiting other times or worlds.
Fixing mistakes or changing fate would only affect the branched timeline you created, but I suppose you’d be the one to observe that and leave the other timeline to pound sand with the original consequences.

For me, it’s changing my family tree (expanding it), improving past lives and careers of others, expanding creativity, and most importantly stop history from repeating itself.

If you went to ETs with the idea of preventing climate change for instance, they might tell you that you’ve been propagandized. I’m pretty sure there’s advanced technology for altering climates, but I think you’d have better luck having an average bodybuilder beat the tar out of an adult male lion than change the climate by burning fossil fuels, the latter of which I believe is propaganda driven by the media.

I heard that allegedly Donald Trump is alleged time traveller using time machine like for instance,as an example,these days,nowadays like Andrew Basiago and John Titor.

But probably american government like mafia,gangsters are way too much greedy to the point of not going back like no retreat?
But what if even official theory of time travelling are wrong speaking of scientists from Discovery science?
What if the major of billionaires are avoiding using time machine?

Of course officially it seems to be impossible, but unofficially it’s possible?

If I might poke my nose in here.

There is the Old Butterfly Effect?

In science its is a known as Chaos theory. It explains how unpredictable courses of events lead to an irregular and unpredictable evolution of events downstream.

Eg - Archduke Franz Ferdinand’s decision to take his bored wife Sophie on an official trip to Bosnia led to their assassination, which caused WWI. If he’d chosen not to appease his wife and take the trip, things might have been very different!

Very small events can cause major mayhem.

Well, it depends on what is changed, and how. The way I see it is, sometimes things would turn out for the worse, other times the better.

For instance, I have an ultimate goal of changing history, and I plan for things to turn out for the better overall. Although I would seek helpful advice and technology in order to do this, preferably from ETs.

If you’re not aware, you might want to take a look at I’ve written for this site. The thread for my alternate history articles can be found here. This thread has several links, and the first one links to a list of articles I’ve written so far. The latest article is currently being constructed, of course. The articles themselves provide a blueprint of how a lot of things should look after I change history.

Yes, and no. What it really is is a way of using various methods to cause votes to be switched from LBJ to Goldwater, in this case. And since I plan on making the U.S. population a bit larger (obviously), I figured Goldwater should get more people voting for him, and not just ones taken from LBJ.

I see , im curious as to what methods you use to decide what votes to switch.
I would also be interested if you would postulate further as to what policies would have changed, and what may have come to pass had the outcome been different.

That would be alternate history.

But that’s a fair bit of work.

Incidentally I was around in 1964, not time travel, just old 😁👍

How I’ll decide what votes to switch will be a matter of influencing certain people with the mind as well as other factors.

Also, as for helping Goldwater win more votes than he did in the current version of history, I would find ways to funnel more support his way (i.e. more information against LBJ coming out, certain celebrities campaigning and/or financially supporting Goldwater).

Am I providing sufficient answers to your curiosity?