"The future ain't what it used to be."

Time Travel With Computer Data/Early Time Travel Technology (Speculation Thread)

Troy Titor

Timekeeper
(A repost of my response to the "Willing to be a Guinea Pig" thread)

I don't understand why people think early time travel experiments will involve sending humans through. Early experiments will likely involve sending information (most likely in the form of e-mails) back in time in ways that would not significantly alter the timeline.

An example of this would be, say, creating a new e-mail account at 8:00 A.M. on Day 1, then logging out and not going on for the rest of the day. Later on, the person performing the experiment (for shits and giggles, lets call him Darby) would send an email using his own account at 8:00 A.M. on Day 2, to the new email account at the point in time of 12:00 P.M. on Day 1. Then, Darby would check the new email account in the present, and find the sent email, check the arrival date, and confirm the success (or failure) of the experiment.

Time travel is still being experimented, just with less risk to the human subjects.

Sound idea, I was actually unaware that any non theoretical testing had begun. Would you care to enlighten me on some particular cases of this?

Sound idea, I was actually unaware that any non theoretical testing had begun. Would you care to enlighten me on some particular cases of this?

In his post he wasn't suggesting that physical experimentation is currently on going. Read "Time travel is still being experimented, just with less risk to the human subjects" as, "In my example a time travel experiment is being conducted, but with less risk to the human subjects as compared to sending human beings back in time."

In his post he wasn't suggesting that physical experimentation is currently on going. Read "Time travel is still being experimented, just with less risk to the human subjects" as, "In my example a time travel experiment is being conducted, but with less risk to the human subjects as compared to sending human beings back in time."
Exactly! Thanks for explaining that for me Darby.
Computer data seems like it would also be a lot easier to send through time as it has little to no mass, and consists completely of EM waves, unlike a physical human.

Again, this is all my speculation. I have no way of knowing if any of this is true. It just seems like it would be logical.

The first 'time travel' experiments I am aware of were concerned only with information transfer, as you said "email". That is correct. However, the process involved is not developed and successfully tested until 2236 (information transfer only). This remains a new technology and continues to defy historical ideas, especially those from the early 21st century, which were all in error. Think about that before making any claims, because all claims previous to 2236 are most likely in error, as the ideas required had not yet been conceived, and the previously false physical assumptions concerning this technology were still being investigated in earnest (yet quite falsely). I could easily provide the answers you seek, but they would not be believed. As such, there also exists no "paradox". The subject becomes quite complex, and will not be understood in your era, as the processes involved have not yet evolved. Perhaps from your perspective, it may be similar to wondering why the Romans could never believe that space flight is possible. (Since first it must be discovered that Earth is not flat, and resting on the shoulder. Therefore it is highly unlikely that any explanation I may provide will appear ludicrous to you. Our main project goals, however, are quite simple; establish bi-directional information transfer, observe and collect data.

What you are referring to as quantum entanglement, is indeed a required factor; however, that alone can not accomplish the goal. That statement should be corrected. "Quantum Entanglement" can, in fact, and does, accomplish the goal, but at a scale that is not useable for the macro-scale. Discovering the threshold will be part of the solution, but even then, many problems will remain. Even now, while the experiments have yielded great results, it is quite limited, and not without a great deal of risk (mostly psychological risk factors, which I can describe in detail if desired). At this writing, the "Torus Model" is the best and most successful model for 'time travel', and it only works in reverse, and not entirely reliably (quantum phase-shifting occurs more dramatically nearer the extend of the range). Unlike the theories in your day, this model does not require a great deal of energy expenditure, but it does require a large number of other complex factors (a qualified team of scientists, a great deal of lab equipment, and subjects of very sound mind). Also, remaining at a target, even if the said target appears sound and of pure reality (containing all the aspects of the accepted defining range of 'reality', and successfully yielding bi-directional information transfer with interactive aspects as well as retrievable 'physical' artifacts), is not usually an option and if stranded, could result in termination of the conscious factor. Or becoming 'dead' as you might say. This is not proven, but does provide a level of anxiety and uncertainty. For example, digitally-obtain photographs usually contain artifacts which suggest (or prove, in some cases), a level of quantum phase-shifting wherein collected photons appear to deviate or 'blur' the photo, when concerned with objects more distant from the photo gathering device. No one as of yet understands this phenomena, but there exists a few theories, and some address the factor of gravitation (since this process remains mis-understood for the most part). As a result, photon deviation (or quantum phase shifting), at least in my experience, may be indicative of range limitation and provide a level of concern. Normal vision during the experiments, however, is un-affected, providing yet more questions. I will provide a digitally-collected photogram that I collected during the 1910 project, which clearly indicates photon deviation. Clearly, the effect is exponential, as the clarity is marred quickly (exponential deviation). Consciously observed reality is not distorted however. Physical action upon our direct environment during a project appears to have either no effect, or effects so insignificant as to be un-noticeable upon return. There are many theories which attempt to explain the reason.

What you are referring to as quantum entanglement, is indeed a required factor; however, that alone can not accomplish the goal. That statement should be corrected. "Quantum Entanglement" can, in fact, and does, accomplish the goal, but at a scale that is not useable for the macro-scale. Discovering the threshold will be part of the solution, but even then, many problems will remain. Even now, while the experiments have yielded great results, it is quite limited, and not without a great deal of risk (mostly psychological risk factors, which I can describe in detail if desired). At this writing, the "Torus Model" is the best and most successful model for 'time travel', and it only works in reverse, and not entirely reliably (quantum phase-shifting occurs more dramatically nearer the extend of the range). Unlike the theories in your day, this model does not require a great deal of energy expenditure, but it does require a large number of other complex factors (a qualified team of scientists, a great deal of lab equipment, and subjects of very sound mind). Also, remaining at a target, even if the said target appears sound and of pure reality (containing all the aspects of the accepted defining range of 'reality', and successfully yielding bi-directional information transfer with interactive aspects as well as retrievable 'physical' artifacts), is not usually an option and if stranded, could result in termination of the conscious factor. Or becoming 'dead' as you might say. This is not proven, but does provide a level of anxiety and uncertainty. For example, digitally-obtain photographs usually contain artifacts which suggest (or prove, in some cases), a level of quantum phase-shifting wherein collected photons appear to deviate or 'blur' the photo, when concerned with objects more distant from the photo gathering device. No one as of yet understands this phenomena, but there exists a few theories, and some address the factor of gravitation (since this process remains mis-understood for the most part). As a result, photon deviation (or quantum phase shifting), at least in my experience, may be indicative of range limitation and provide a level of concern. Normal vision during the experiments, however, is un-affected, providing yet more questions. I will provide a digitally-collected photogram that I collected during the 1910 project, which clearly indicates photon deviation. Clearly, the effect is exponential, as the clarity is marred quickly (exponential deviation). Consciously observed reality is not distorted however. Physical action upon our direct environment during a project appears to have either no effect, or effects so insignificant as to be un-noticeable upon return. There are many theories which attempt to explain the reason.
Yes, please explain the psychological risk factors.What types of computers they have for videogames in the future.I love open world videogames and firstpersonshooters.I like making videogames as well.Nothing finished yet but i am trying.Are there any androids in the future?

Back