Was life on Mars wiped out by nuclear explosions?

Sounds crazy i think.Wouldn't dropping a few asteroids do the same trick.

Why would primative egyptian aliens pose a threat to very advanced aliens?I guess they could pose a threat only if it was like in the movie stargate.

If you listen to the alien interview by the nurse Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy, there were alien bases on Mars that belonged to the old empire. They were destroyed. The old empire was run out of this section of the galaxy by Airl's people. It's really a very informative narration of our history and history prior to us. You can buy the book. Or listen to the audio version for free on YouTube.

First, I feel we need to consider if life, even remotely resembling human life, could exist on Mars, before we nuke them out of existence.

Simply put, there is NO reason a life form more complex than a microbe should exist in the conditions on Mars. Even considering the extremophiles that exist here on Earth, a complex life form, capable of nuking it's self or, being worthy of nuking by someone else, is unlikely. Were they transplants from elsewhere, not indiginous to Mars? If an alien race could get to Mars, why live there when Earth is only another 140 million miles away and much more hospitable?

First, I feel we need to consider if life, even remotely resembling human life, could exist on Mars, before we nuke them out of existence.Simply put, there is NO reason a life form more complex than a microbe should exist in the conditions on Mars. Even considering the extremophiles that exist here on Earth, a complex life form, capable of nuking it's self or, being worthy of nuking by someone else, is unlikely. Were they transplants from elsewhere, not indiginous to Mars? If an alien race could get to Mars, why live there when Earth is only another 140 million miles away and much more hospitable?
Mars could one have housed plant life and water, creating an atmosphere much like ours.

Water has been detected on Mars but, so far, no biologically produced organic carbon. So, water... yes, plant life... most likely no.

It would have never had an atmosphere like earth's. It's size (mass/gravity) would prevent it from "holding on to" an Earth-like atmosphere. However, if you mean Earth's early atmosphere, which was non-conducive to life, yes it did. It went through the same atmospheric evolution as the early earth but again, it's gravity would have been unable to hold the lighter gas molecules.

Now, all that said, Mars does have water, and carbon (mostly in the form of CO2), which could allow for some form of life. It would have, most likely, had to evolve and live (still live) underground. If we ever discover any complex life on Mars...

I predict right now; It will be fungi-like, similar to what we have here on Earth.

Imagine, an intelligent mushroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say "Nuclear Explosion" per say. Let's say, hypothetically, that Mars housed a race of humanoids that were in possible conflict with another race of humanoid creatures. Given the look and lack of life of Mars as we know; Mars could have suffered massive terraforming from a device used by the rival creatures. Say, however, that the technology had not been previously tested and instead of doing what they wanted, the device malfunctioned and caused the gravitational field around Mars to collapse in on itself. This would rupture the atmosphere and ecology of the planet itself and, with the planet no longer able to support itself, would rot and become a wasteland.

Then again, I could be 100% wrong.

Ok, again, my first post is missing all of it's information. I don't know when I'm going to to have time to look it all up again.
Paula's first post got eaten by the other software, but here's some links that turned up while searching around a bit:http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11/24/life-on-mars-nuclear-war_n_6209898.html
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/11/nuclear-war-on-mars-3068438.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread44881/pg1

I don't know that I can have a meaningful opinion on the subject without burying myself in this stuff and chasing ideas down the rabbit hole, but it's an interesting thought experiment regardless.

its certainly possible. considering that the surface of mars is littered with iron oxide, aka rust, that could possibly prove that there was life on mars.

It appears my 2nd post in this thread on 11-26 or so disappeared in the shuffle.
Correct - Some posts got eaten by the shit software so there wasn't anything for me to bring back over.If you can find a Google cache or something which has the missing content, I can reinsert it back into the thread though.