"The future ain't what it used to be."

What is Mind? And does it require a "Soul"?

I will not be insincere.
Nor was I insincere when I wished him a happy new year.
I think he and I can be happy ignoring each other.
But, as I want nothing to do with Vodkafan,
have it your way.

RainmanTime, after observing your behavior on this forum, I believe that you have become "drunk with power". You seem far too eager to ban people for things that most would simply overlook. I don't agree with what Syzygy said, but it's not unforgiveable. Similarly, your threat against "antisocial behavior" is funny when taken in context of a human living in a world filled with such behavior in real life. Out of millions (billions?) of people on the internet, maybe a dozen frequently visit this site. I don't wonder why now. If you were to behave this way in real life, it would lead to a slap in the face from a woman or a fight from a man or a scolding from an AI. Grow up.

Tough bananas, GLaDOS. I refer you to the TOS for TTI. I presume a semi-intelligent AI such as yourself knows how to read and abide by them:

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/threads/terms-of-service-and-rules.6216/

I specifically cite:

"Posting privileges can be suspended or revoked at any time by the Administration with or without notice."

I like to think I am considerate in that I at least give offenders fair notice, and a means (apology) to avoid me revoking their posting privileges.

"Profanity, obscenity, insults, personal attacks, accusations, derogatory or defamatory comments, or other abusive or inappropriate content is not acceptable. "

Note the bolded/underlined words. Syzygy's behavior towards vodkafan clearly violated these TOS rules. It is a crystal clear issue. No fuzz on this peach.

"You alone are responsible for the content of your messages and the consequences of any such message."

Syzygy was warned, and she suffered the consequences of the way she decided to behave. Simple.

"Show respect to others. Use constructive criticism, rather than being abusive."

You are the one playing the role of an AI, and you are telling me to grow up? Pot? Kettle? Black?

RMT

Tough bananas, GLaDOS. I refer you to the TOS for TTI. I presume a semi-intelligent AI such as yourself knows how to read and abide by them:

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/threads/terms-of-service-and-rules.6216/

I specifically cite:

"Posting privileges can be suspended or revoked at any time by the Administration with or without notice."

I like to think I am considerate in that I at least give offenders fair notice, and a means (apology) to avoid me revoking their posting privileges.

"Profanity, obscenity, insults, personal attacks, accusations, derogatory or defamatory comments, or other abusive or inappropriate content is not acceptable. "

Note the bolded/underlined words. Syzygy's behavior towards vodkafan clearly violated these TOS rules. It is a crystal clear issue. No fuzz on this peach.

"You alone are responsible for the content of your messages and the consequences of any such message."

Syzygy was warned, and she suffered the consequences of the way she decided to behave. Simple.

"Show respect to others. Use constructive criticism, rather than being abusive."

You are the one playing the role of an AI, and you are telling me to grow up? Pot? Kettle? Black?

RMT
I'm just in a foul mood. Don't worry about it, okay? :oops:

May I ask out of curiosity, what would that be?

Do you use the google search engine? In fact, various google products avail themselves of varying forms and strengths of AI. Do you use either Siri or the Android voice recognition service on your smartphones? How about the itunes genius? Hell, there are even washing machines in production now that utilize fuzzy logic on load sensing inputs to minimize both electricity and water consumption for any given load of laundry.

And these are just the ones that immediately come to mind.
RMT

Do you use the google search engine? In fact, various google products avail themselves of varying forms and strengths of AI. Do you use either Siri or the Android voice recognition service on your smartphones? How about the itunes genius? Hell, there are even washing machines in production now that utilize fuzzy logic on load sensing inputs to minimize both electricity and water consumption for any given load of laundry.

And these are just the ones that immediately come to mind.
RMT

Okay, I see. In my mind, i've always thought of AI as being something akin to "KITT" from the Knight Rider TV show or something similar. Never even considered search engines as a form of AI.

I really want to know who this other AI is that Syzygy is dating....;)

RMT

Hi! I found this thread after exploring Syzygy's recent absence. Although no one is asking for my opinion, I find need to say that I also feel concern with a permanent ban on Syzygy. It seems that prior to her unfortunate labeling of vodkafan that he baited her with a rather personal "dig" on a subject that she was obviously very sensitive about. To geek out for a moment, it reminds me of an episode of Star Trek Next Generation where a celebrity-hero-figure of Geordi La Forge basically accused him of treating an artificial version of her on the holodeck as a sex toy. Remember that episode? Anyway, point being that it was offensive. I personally have been guilty MANY times of both sides of this coin, just not on this forum (hopefully).

Forced apologies from either side mean little in my opinion and perhaps a truce would be a more amiable and reasonable working approach. There are certainly many eccentric personalities inhabiting this forum, myself included, and I believe that is much of the charm of it. I've enjoyed posts from both vodkafan and Syzygy and sincerely hope to be able to hear from the both of them on a continuing basis. Thanks to RainmanTime for his thoughtful consideration and his continuing selfless efforts to bring order amidst chaos here on TTI :)

Hi Dizzie, well I certainly learned my lesson. Syzygy never "got" my humour, to be sure. I did apologise to her about one which was a cultural misunderstanding. But the difference was that while my posts were never meant to be a "dig" or an insult, hers definitely were. She publicly called me a pervert twice on the forum, which is untrue and unacceptable. RMT gave her several chances to put it right . That's all I can say on the matter. Although I never understood any of her posts, I never wanted her to be banned , never bore her any ill will and that's the truth of it.

Hi Dizzie, well I certainly learned my lesson. Syzygy never "got" my humour, to be sure. I did apologise to her about one which was a cultural misunderstanding. But the difference was that while my posts were never meant to be a "dig" or an insult, hers definitely were. She publicly called me a pervert twice on the forum, which is untrue and unacceptable. RMT gave her several chances to put it right . That's all I can say on the matter. Although I never understood any of her posts, I never wanted her to be banned , never bore her any ill will and that's the truth of it.

Thanks for weighing in, vodkafan! I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I commend you in having been forthcoming with an apology in the past. I'm also sure that you never intended insult. By the same token, you never quite know how someone will take something. And in Syzygy's mind, perhaps in some strange way, she meant no insult either. It all boils down to perception, which is why I have offered mine.

I certainly believe that you bore no ill will and had no desire to see her banned. That is noble of you to mention. Perhaps RMT will be able to consider your charitable givings in this situation in the same way that a judge might consider a victim suggesting a lighter sentence for a defendant that has been convicted of causing them damages.

Diz

I certainly believe that you bore no ill will and had no desire to see her banned. That is noble of you to mention. Perhaps RMT will be able to consider your charitable givings in this situation in the same way that a judge might consider a victim suggesting a lighter sentence for a defendant that has been convicted of causing them damages.

Diz

Maybe in exchange for some blood...

Back