What would you do until then?

Sheldon1

Temporal Novice
What would you do?

Suppose you were given sufficient proof that in 23 years, you will come into possession of a time machine but not told how, by or from whom, why, or when exactly.

What would you do between now and then for the next 23 years?

What would you do?Suppose you were given sufficient proof that in 23 years, you will come into possession of a time machine but not told how, by or from whom, why, or when exactly.
What would you do between now and then for the next 23 years?
I would still live my life. Coming across a time travel device would not change the way I live in any way. If I had absolute proof this were real, I'd be very happy and excited, though. Witnessing time travel is on my bucket list. I'd really want to reserach it and learn about it as much as I could ahead of time, if possible. Other than that, I still have a family to care for and a life to live.

I don't know. If you are told by a time traveller, then maybe you should live your life as if you didn't know that, in order not to change the time line and get the machine after all :D

I wouldn't be able to forget something like that. I think I would start keeping a lot of very detailed journals. I don't know what I would do with them once I got the machine, but you never know...

I would spend the time planning how i would use the time machine to maximum effect when i got it, what era's from the past i would like to go to, how far in to the future i would go and indeed how far ahead i would deem as safe, taking end of the world scenarios in to account. I would think about exactly what i would hope to achieve from the time travel and think carefully about the risks/ dangers associated with it that we know of.

There are other more flippant things you could do like keeping a record of winning lottery tickets, then going back to the specific date and buying a ticket. There could be a darker aspect to it where you could commit a crime, escape to the future in the time machine then go back and change history so that you escape justice for the crime. Once again, much to think about with this topic.

You could do so many thing with this information. I would first life my life normally, up to the point where I was able to access the time machine, then go back to the point where I was first told about it. Assuming I've been explained how the machine will work, I would bring the plans back in time with me, and give them to my past self. This way I wouldn't have to wait 23 years for the time machine!

I would spend the time planning how i would use the time machine to maximum effect when i got it, what era's from the past i would like to go to, how far in to the future i would go and indeed how far ahead i would deem as safe, taking end of the world scenarios in to account. I would think about exactly what i would hope to achieve from the time travel and think carefully about the risks/ dangers associated with it that we know of.There are other more flippant things you could do like keeping a record of winning lottery tickets, then going back to the specific date and buying a ticket. There could be a darker aspect to it where you could commit a crime, escape to the future in the time machine then go back and change history so that you escape justice for the crime. Once again, much to think about with this topic.
Your reply is the sort of answer I am searching or wanting.

The best analogy is what would you do between now and when you go on vacation to some country abroad?

Since I cannot edit my original post, let me expand a little here.

The question is suppose to be analogous to vacation planning.

You win a trip to some exotic, foreign country. But the trip is not going to happen next week. So you have time to prep.

Now, suppose the trip is through time and the trip is not scheduled for years in ahead in the future.

What do you do in the meantime?

Member worldmachine's reply addresses the crux meaning behind my question.

I just want to know what others would do.