Where did the John Titor posts go?

Gpa

Timekeeper
Darby or Rainman or anyone else that may know;
I know most people are tired of the John Titor story but there has been a new resurgence in it and I can not seem to find any of the posts that I heard were here. Did they get lost in the remodel? Sorry to bother you with it but I just think it would be interesting to read them again. I read the ones at anomalies but someone said there are earlier ones here. Thanks for any help.

Gpa,

It appears that "Time Travel Paradoxes" was so completely corrupt that only the original post survives. If you have the page view set to "default" the thread is on page 196 or 197 of the Time Travel Discussion forum. It does go back to 1999 and is the complete time travel database prior to the time that Time Travel Claims was added as a new forum in 2004.

Of course, "I am From 2036" was on Art Bell's Post-2-Post forum which closed down 10 years ago. And for now, at least, Anomalies.net is off-line and has been for two months. I have a complete set of his threads on Anomalies but can't get at them.

I still have copies of all the threads (including "Limited to 11 pages...?") at home but it's a problem loading complete threads into a single post. XenForo has an "Upload File" option so I might try dropping a Titor file into Drop Box and seeing if it can successfully be uploaded from there into a thread here. Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can do.

PS: I successfully used Drop Box. Go to the Time Travel Discussion forum and look for the "Re-Print "I am from 2036" thread that I put up today.

Darby

Gpa,

All of the Titor threads from TTI and Post-2-Post are up in the Time Travel Discussion forum. Each thread name starts with Re-Post followed by the original thread title.

Darby

Thank you Darby;
You have come thru again. I have my work cut out for me. Hope I can get thru them all before 12/21/2012 and the end of the world.
I recall the "limited to 11 pages". I believe I read some those here when I first found this forum but I wasn't sure when I couldn't find them again.
I don't want to start any new arguments about this but right off I noticed this line from TimeTravel_0.
(…If I go forward on this world line, the future will not be my future. I get home by going back to 1975 before I arrived and then going forward to 2036.")
Isn't that the same premise stated by Doc in Back to the Future 2?
Thanks again.

It's kind of romantic that Darby cherished the words of another man for all these years.

No. I don't cherish the words. I've been the site Admin at Anomalies.net for 10 years. I receive IM inquiries as well as email inquiries every day asking for information about Titor (95% of the inquiries now come from Italy). I needed my reference material in order to answer the questions. The information is just a tool no different than a hammer, pen, keyboard or paperclip.

I've never made it a secret that the sole reason that I was so active in the Titor Saga for the first 6 years was site traffic for Anomalies.net. That's it. The story itself is somewhat interesting only because the author did a bit more background work that the average semi-literate wannabe time traveler. Other than that it was rather mundane and after a few years outright boring. But it brought traffic to the site. Traffic means advertising revenue and advertising revenue means being able to pay the bills to keep the site running. Why do you think that Raul (MOP) kept the "Titor Was Here" advertising on the home page all of these years before switching to this "no home page" look? Advertising dollars to keep the site open. You don't honestly believe that Raul placed the "Titor Was Here" sign because he believed Titor was a time traveler, do you?

Certainly, I don't pay bills. Olav Philips pays them. But as an Admin my job is to help him generate revenue. Because there's a fruitbat born every second, keeping John Titor alive was the best vehicle for revenue generation.

Do you think that a movie will come out?

Probably not. It could happen but it's time has come and gone. There was one in the works, and I believe that shooting actually took place, but from what I recall it was designed to be a very low budget B (at best) sci-fi movie. Something that if they were lucky would end up as one of the gawd awful SyFy Channel movies or a direct to DVD movie. Would you see it in a local theatre. Not much of a chance.

In reality, if one was to make a movie based on the posts what would the movie be about? The post WWIII world after a nuclear war? Dozens of movies have touched on the topic. Time travel? The same. Our posts? Read The Book and you'll get the answer - boring.

As postings the threads were reasonably good. Boomer did a lot more homework than the average fruitbat "time traveler" who tend to post unintelligible gibberish. But there was really nothing new or especially exciting sci-fi wise that would catch the eye (and pocket book) of movie financiers - otherwise the JTF, headed by an attorney who specializes in packaging movie deals, would have long ago had a movie out while the topic was hot. Remember, the Titor Saga started 15 years ago in 1998 with the two faxes. The posts stopped 12 years ago.

If you want to check to verify that Titor has long been a dead Internet topic go to Google Trends and use the criteria John Titor. It trends down after 2003 and flattens out at the bottom of the graph, spikes in 2007 and again in 2008 when RAI broadcast and then re-broadcast the Titor segment and then quickly flattened out agiain at the bottom of the graph and has stayed there ever since. In other words, with the exception of the two RAI related spikes, the topic has been basically dead since 2004.

What if I wanted to take it on? Who cold I talk to or work with to see if I could get it done? How much would I have to pay? What can I do to make this happen? I have an interest and want to see what I can do with it. Is there anything I can do to make this work out so that I can see it being a movie? I want to get this done somehow, but I would have to talk with lawyers and such. I'll do what I can. I just want to see it happen. Whatever it takes, I will do it.

Maybe I can get it to happen.

Probably not. It could happen but it's time has come and gone.

If you want to check to verify that Titor has long been a dead Internet topic go to Google Trends and use the criteria John Titor. It trends down after 2003 and flattens out at the bottom of the graph, spikes in 2007 and again in 2008 when RAI broadcast and then re-broadcast the Titor segment and then quickly flattened out agiain at the bottom of the graph and has stayed there ever since. In other words, with the exception of the two RAI related spikes, the topic has been basically dead since 2004.

Google is not a good search engine then. Search for "John Titor" on John Titor at DuckDuckGo

I don't know what you are talking about with "hits" on Google. I use other search engines other than Google to get a broader perspective.

I don't know what you are talking about with "hits" on Google. I use other search engines other than Google to get a broader perspective.

I did your suggested search and compared it with Google. There were no hits on the subject that were unique. By that I mean there were no results on your suggested search that were not also found on the Google search. On the other hand, there were many results on Google that were not found on your suggested search engine.