Interesting links, I’ll certainly digest those ^^
Just to touch back on the ‘flip-book’ analogy a moment. To give some insight why I said that…
Wild imagining? Nope.
Experience, yes.
When I was involved in that head on car accident, the ‘perception’ of time changing (not after trauma, or such but prior to impact) was fascinating in retrospect.
Did time really ‘slow’ ? Nope, it did not. Of that I have no doubt.
However, I did perceive time as ‘slowing’ because I wasn’t using the correct analogies I realize.
It became a freeze-frame to freeze-frame. No second guessing it. Didn’t appear to happen for a good few seconds, or some such. It took a fraction of a second and extended it to comparitively five solid minutes for perceptions sake.
Cognitive ‘coming in and out’? ‘rapid eye movement’? Nope.
Perception was solid, and used to navigate the physics of my body around folding metal.
The perception was very much like how you describe 0-D particles. Not a fluid motion, but ‘pulsing’.
After all, what’s the building blocks of everything right? If that is their inherent behaviour, then the subconscious when in those few rares times giving lend to it’s perception when it takes over - might give us a glimpse?
To get back to logic a moment…
If we look at ||||m(x,y,z,t)dx dy dz dt = M (constant)
Where (if we surmise hypothetically), there had to be a contradiction somewhere in that statement, could it be?
Well… there are four measurements. All indictive of a coordinate.
Now, in the sense of the manipulation of ‘x’
can we put our thumb on x, y, z & t ? and give them solid values, sure?
Contradiction yet? only the speculation that ‘t’ makes it all work, so yes.
But in terms of visual perception, only one is not like the others.
Manipulation of x through z, largely the same.
Now, manipulation of ‘t’ with regard to the others.
Not the same ball game is it?
While 3 of the 4 representative cooridinates can be assigned actual values for ‘change’, the fourth appears to have already been assigned value to just be ‘representative’ in conjuncture when giving shape.
So how can one manipulate a coordinate that has a fixed representative value?
You tell me?