I’m new to the board. I heard about this John Titor thing a few years ago from a friend and looked it up to see what he was talking about. I read all the posts, and they were an interesting read. I believe it is a hoax though for various reasons.
John Titor had a very laid back approach to this time travel business. It seemed like if anyone called him out on it, he would say stuff along the lines of “I have no need to prove who I am” or “How would you prove that you were a time traveler?”. Basically, he is saying “You cannot prove I am a time traveler, nor disprove me, you either believe me or you don’t, I don’t care”.
By this logic, I could really be an alien from outer space, just stopping by to see how humans interact with one another. You would ask me “If your really an alien, show me a picture of your space ship!” My reply would be “Well I am just here for observation, so whether you believe me or you don’t is irrelevant. I have no need to prove myself”. You would say “Unless I see a picture of your spacecraft, I don’t believe you”
And I would say, “Doesn’t matter if you believe me. I am having fun interacting with you humans and I just hope to be amusing.”
Eventually I would have to show a few pictures, because not everyone would be as gullible as a few who would probably believe me. I would take a picture of my Ford Ranger, and say “Due to our advanced technology on my home planet, we are able to disguise our spacecraft as normal vehicles when not in use, so we don’t draw unwanted attention to ourselves.”
Then someone would ask me to show a picture of myself. My reply would be "Here is my picture. I am a shape-shifter so I am disguised as an ordinary human. If you were to see my true nature, you would probably die from the shock. Our true “bodies” are what you humans would consider “hideous”.
There would be some people who would claim that I am just an ordinary guy trying to pull a hoax. “It doesn’t matter if you believe me, since my goal here is not to convince anyone. I am simply here for observation”
After a while, I would probably get bored with keeping up the hoax, so I would make some kind of dramatic exit. “When I finally go back to my home planet of Maarlarrk, I will leave behind a video of my departure.”
I would then e-mail Pamela, and say "There will be many hoaxers trying to say they are me. You will know who I am if I decide to return, when you ask me what the name of the secret song is. I will reply “The secret song is “Never gonna give you up” by Rick Astley.”
See what I’m getting at here? This John Titor guy was obviously someone with time on his hands. As long as he acted like he didn’t give a flying fart whether anyone believed him or not, he could say anything. Make up some predictions on things that one could speculate would happen, and keep people eating out of your hands. Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe him. That wasn’t his mission. He could have been Elvis for all we know, but we couldn’t prove or disprove him by that logic.