"The future ain't what it used to be."

A Discovered Time Traveler

Been away for a few days. Work got a bit hectic.

gpa: I have considered false memory syndrome as a possible explanation, as I am myself a skeptic by training. However, FMS is not a recognized categorical description of a psychosis in the DSM-IV-TR or will be included in the upcoming DSM-V. That being said, some things are slow to be accepted as actual distinct syndromes. FMS is typically linked to either an imagined trauma or one implanted through hypnotherapy by well-meaning but misdirected psychotherapists. My memories are far too vivid, detailed and involved to qualify. If they are indeed false, I would have been an ideal and unique candidate for Freud's couch and he would have written an encyclopedia on me.

I must admit that I struggled against the kooky idea that I traveled in time. I railed against it. The more I reviewed the facts and avoided that conclusion, fearing that acknowledgement would be tantamount to an admission of insanity and therefore necessitate a voluntary relinquishment of my personal rights to a psychiatric institution, I repeatedly was lead back to the same conclusion, however unlikely.

I tend to favor the "rewound" universe hypothesis simply because I cannot fathom God's celestial servants be complete screw-ups, sticking me in the wrong place. However, rewinding the whole universe for the benefit (yet to be demonstrated) of one being does sound a bit much, to be understated. So, I am left with no present conclusions. Sometimes, the best thing to do is nothing for a while until some obvious avenue appears.

If this does somehow occur, though, then we would never hear about the results of the experiment from eachother. Or perhaps our alternates will meet each other using our accounts.

I suppose the you right now may wind up in an alternate timeline. But then the alteryou may have tales to tell from the altervu timeline.

I think that sounds pretty lonely though. I would have forever switched places with an alternate me. If it had happened in the past, the changes have been minimal until now. However, if some big worldline shift were to occur, I don't know how I could cope.

Also, that would also mean I would have tales to tell the Alternate you's.

I've always wondered if John Titor was actually just me or someone I know from another worldline. Of course, then I look back and remember that John was born in 1998, while I was born in 1996.

John was born in 1998, while I was born in 1996.

I forget that I'm not talking only to old guys like me. Is there an age limit to join TTI?

Troy, don't worry about all this time travel, multiple worldline crap. Let us old fogies ponder altervus and alternate realities. Enjoy your youth! Then, when you can hop into the corner time machine thirty years from now, come back and thank me for the suggestion. :)

I forget that I'm not talking only to old guys like me. Is there an age limit to join TTI?

Troy, don't worry about all this time travel, multiple worldline crap. Let us old fogies ponder altervus and alternate realities. Enjoy your youth! Then, when you can hop into the corner time machine thirty years from now, come back and thank me for the suggestion. :)

Eh, I would, but then I would just discuss this stuff more often with my friends. We're all geeks XD. In fact, I think some of them have accounts on this site as well.

I might use body paint to write something across my forehead, like Bradley Cooper's character did in the movie, "Silver Linings Playbook". That's something I've never done before - and probably won't do again! :)

Hmm. Einstein, do you mind telling us about some of your gathered data?

I can remember the first time I tried this experiment. It was about 15 years ago. I decided to take a different route home on my lunch hour. The different route took me past a hardware store. So I stopped to get something. On the way home as I approached a familiar intersection, the light changed red. Anyway I have been through this intersection so many times, I was familiar with the timing order sequence of the lights as they changed. The order in sequence was always North, South, East, and then West. I was in the South going direction. But this time it was different. Right after East and West, my turn to go came. That was out of sequence. I don't think most people would even notice something like that. But I did. And on my way back through the intersection after lunch, the timing order was back to normal.

Since I got a positive result the very first time, I will occasionally just change a minor habit to see if anything changes. About 10 days ago I made just a minor alteration to the route I take on my morning jog. On the home stretch there is a cross walk which I have religiously crossed through for longer than I can remember. But 10 days ago for no reason at all I decided to cut across the road early. I knew that was an alteration to my normal routine. So I kept my eyes peeled for any resulting changes. The change came the next morning. During my jog, I always pass a gas station that I usually buy gas for my car. While passing, I noticed the price of gas had gone down 2 cents from $4.49 9/10 to $4.47 9/10. The price has been going down ever since that little minor change I made to my jogging route. Currently the price is at $4.19 9/10. Quite a drop in just 10 days. Now I know you can call that coincidence if you like. But I now routinely have made sure I cross the road early every morning since.

And there is one other thing I came across shortly after that small change. I have this theory on how to build a time machine. But the theory has always been incomplete. Like there was a missing link I needed. I needed some factual basis that I didn't have prior to that little minor jogging route change. But that first night after the change, I experienced an enormous mental rush of data. My mind seemed to be having an adrenalin rush. A lot of observable facts all of a sudden became part of a big puzzle. But this time all the puzzle pieces fit smoothly together. So I kind of look at that morning jog 10 days ago as the turning point into a timeline where my mind has the capacity to actually build a working time machine. So right now I have the blueprint for a time machine. And of course I have to build it. Just for fun.

I might use body paint to write something across my forehead, like Bradley Cooper's character did in the movie, "Silver Linings Playbook". That's something I've never done before - and probably won't do again! :)

I forgot to mention the basis for this little experiment was also derived from an email interaction I had with my ex-wife. You could say it was a email experiment that had a mind altering effect on her.

It must have been about 25 years ago she came up to me and told me about this guy that had a time machine. I asked her to describe it. She held out her hands to roughly depict the size of the gadget. It wasn't that big. Not much larger than a cigar box. Of course at the time I didn't believe a word she told me. So in my email to her just recently I asked her to recall these memories. Apparently this affected her in an unforeseen way. She wrote back saying something about experiencing dual realities. She described an episode where she opened a container and seen flour turn to rice. And later going to the table to pick up her tea cup. But it wasn't there. Then she thought about where it could be, and looked up and it was there. This is when I realized the similarity between her experiences and the John Titor email experiment. All I had done was ask her to dig up some old memories. But I'll just bet those memories are in an alternate version of her on another timeline. She accessed those memories with the result of winding up in that alternate timeline. But with a unique twist. Apparently she has the ability to return to her original timeline. It makes me wonder how she did it. Possibly she experienced fear. I'll have to write her back on that. Anyway this is the first I've come across someone actually witnessing and describing a transition from one reality to another.

So I suppose you could ask your wife to ask you to dig up an old memory she has that involves you. Thus forcing you to access a memory that may be on another timeline where things are a little different. This might be more interesting to do rather than the body paint idea.

Einstein said:
But 10 days ago for no reason at all I decided to cut across the road early. I knew that was an alteration to my normal routine. So I kept my eyes peeled for any resulting changes. The change came the next morning. During my jog, I always pass a gas station that I usually buy gas for my car. While passing, I noticed the price of gas had gone down 2 cents from $4.49 9/10 to $4.47 9/10. The price has been going down ever since that little minor change I made to my jogging route. Currently the price is at $4.19 9/10. Quite a drop in just 10 days. Now I know you can call that coincidence if you like. But I now routinely have made sure I cross the road early every morning since.

Spot Prices
Products in Dollars per Gallon
RBOB Regular Gasoline

Los Angeles
04/08/13 $ 2.950​
04/09/13 $ 2.942​
04/10/13 $2.922​
04/11/13 $2.931​
04/12/13 $2.894​
04/15/13 $2.835

Not a coincidence... not an alternate universe... just market fluctuations.
Einstein, I must say, you pick the silliest things and try to equate them to alternate realities based on your changing some little event in your everyday actions.

Geoffrey Reynolds Sonian;
I wasn't offering FMS as a diagnosis but a starting point to read to help understand how memory works or "doesn't work". There are many more articles explaining it in more detail. FMS was just a place to start.

I forgot to mention the basis for this little experiment was also derived from an email interaction I had with my ex-wife. You could say it was a email experiment that had a mind altering effect on her.

It must have been about 25 years ago she came up to me and told me about this guy that had a time machine. I asked her to describe it. She held out her hands to roughly depict the size of the gadget. It wasn't that big. Not much larger than a cigar box. Of course at the time I didn't believe a word she told me. So in my email to her just recently I asked her to recall these memories. Apparently this affected her in an unforeseen way. She wrote back saying something about experiencing dual realities. She described an episode where she opened a container and seen flour turn to rice. And later going to the table to pick up her tea cup. But it wasn't there. Then she thought about where it could be, and looked up and it was there. This is when I realized the similarity between her experiences and the John Titor email experiment. All I had done was ask her to dig up some old memories. But I'll just bet those memories are in an alternate version of her on another timeline. She accessed those memories with the result of winding up in that alternate timeline. But with a unique twist. Apparently she has the ability to return to her original timeline. It makes me wonder how she did it. Possibly she experienced fear. I'll have to write her back on that. Anyway this is the first I've come across someone actually witnessing and describing a transition from one reality to another.

So I suppose you could ask your wife to ask you to dig up an old memory she has that involves you. Thus forcing you to access a memory that may be on another timeline where things are a little different. This might be more interesting to do rather than the body paint idea.
Explain this time machine to me. I'm curious as to how it works.

Gpa: Yeah, I thought that too.

Explain this time machine to me. I'm curious as to how it works.

Gpa: Yeah, I thought that too.

The principle behind a time machine would be the easiest to understand. I always look to mother nature to answer these types of questions. On the Earth we know that the gravitational field of the Earth has a slowing effect on time. So you could say that objects with weight experience the flow of time more slowly. On the Sun the same object weighs close to 30 times what it weighs here on Earth. We know that time flows much more slowly on the Sun.

But conditions on the Sun are much different than here on Earth. Because Hydrogen is being converted to Helium on the Sun, some of that weight disappears. A source I found says that four and a half billion tons of weight disappear every second on the Sun. Now pretty much all the stars in the universe do this. But not just with Hydrogen. All the elements up to Iron cause weight to be lost during their formation within a star. The formation of elements above Iron take more weight to form and would cause a star to go cold if this was taking place.

So I equate all this disappearing weight as a dominate one way direction in the universe. Do you notice anything else going just one way? Time seems to have a one way direction too. And the flow rate of time is tied to the force of gravity, which also influences an objects weight. These three things, gravity, weight, and time, all change in a proportional relationship to each other.

On the Sun there is a ratio of weight disappearing to weight remaining. On the Earth, you could say that doesn't occur. Unless you add up all the weight lost due to fission of the radioactive elements. I suppose that could be calculated based on estimated quantities of the known fissionable elements present. But it does appear that the Sun is the dominate source for the creation of the flow of time here in our neck of the woods.

But that is the mechanism mother nature uses. So all we have to do to control the flow of time, would be to either create weight or destroy weight. So a matter-antimatter annihilation or creation event would work to change the flow of time locally. But maybe we don't need that much power. That's what I'm willing to bet on. A machine that simulates the emissions of a matter creation or annihilation event.

Just by creating what I call weight fields. Years ago I did some experiments with a Tesla coil, and discovered the moving electric fields created by the Tesla coil cause objects to attract. Just like gravity. Its not gravity. But it has something in common with gravity. The electrified objects develop weight. An attractive type of weight. I also did some experiments with moving magnetic fields, and discovered a way to make a repulsion field. Kind of like antigravity. But not, because it was magnetic repulsion. But the moving magnetic fields created an opposite type of weight. A repulsive type of weight.

This research has been sitting still until just recently when I came across a Chladni plate demonstration on YouTube. The demonstration was done with a circular plate. When I looked at that, I saw a model of the Bohr atom. It was so simple. The sound waves would resonate at specific frequencies which depend on the size of the metal plate. To me it looks like a mechanism to hold things in place with standing waves. The concentric rings on the Chladni plate looked like the atomic orbital rings in a Bohr atom. This was done with sound waves.

This made me wonder if something similar could be done with weight waves. By creating standing waves of weight that increase in intensity for moving in one direction in time. Or decreasing intensity that would cause a reverse direction in time.

This is pretty simple. I think a 10 year old could understand it. Of course engineering the concept into a working time machine might be a challenge. But at least I'm working with a blueprint, borrowed from mother nature.

By the way, in case nobody noticed. No black-holes or wormholes were used in my time machine blueprint. Just facts.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNHdifXd4R37zqKGOk46Bw832USVDA

Gpa

Not a coincidence... not an alternate universe... just market fluctuations.
Einstein, I must say, you pick the silliest things and try to equate them to alternate realities based on your changing some little event in your everyday actions.

You might think its silly. And I'll admit it does appear silly from a skeptical point of view. But ask yourself, are you basing your reply on facts or beliefs?

Since it is delving into the inner workings of our minds based on physical observations. We really don't have any concrete proof of some of the strange phenomena that appears to go on. But there are many of us that do experience this altervu phenomena. And I suppose there are also some of us that might choose the inebriated state as a cure for altervu experiences. Not going to mention any names.

She and I have many different memories that we've sussed out over the last 12 years. Her memories fit with my son's memories and the memories of my other family members and our friends. I'm the variable.

I don't think I'm physically traveling to an alternate universe. From time to time, my consciousness shifts to a place where things are noticeably different for me alone. Titor, Zeshua, Titorian/Bransonian (and possibly others) have been catalysts for my drastic shifts. Other shifts are minor; without obvious connection to any person who claims to be traveling or communicating in time.

I'm going to delay trying to trigger altervus for now. Too many regular, real-life changes are happening at the moment. It might get confusing. One more idea for those willing to experiment with potential altervu triggers - wear clothes made for the opposite sex - unless you're a transvestite. Wouldn't be much effect there, I guess.

For those who don't know or have forgotten my early posts after Titor's departure, there was something subtle but upsetting. People in general were ruder, less kind, and less friendly than in my original reality. It's not like I was in the alternate Star Trek universe where Spock had a goatee and people killed each other to move up in rank. It was just less pleasant - people bumping into each other without apology, doing mildly cruel things to one another, more belligerent driving, etc... I mention this as a caveat for anyone who might experiment with time or reality shifts. Maybe it is possible to move to a better reality by focusing on a positive outcome. My early altervus were happening almost daily and they were creating real fear, which might have caused the negative outcome. Try focusing on becoming lucky, happy, at peace, etc..., while you wear your wife's granny panties or your boyfriend's necktie. :)

Nelson Mandela, Stephen Hawking, Arthur C. Clark, Roy Orbison (twice), and now Jonathan Winters are all non sequitur, dead then alive again, celebrities for me.

I and my partner also both recall Jonathon Winters dying quite some time ago (long before his recent death in 2013). Some thoughts on that - a relatively little known fact I believe about JW. He had Multiple Personality Disorder. People with MPD usually have very high intelligence and may have extreme mental abilities (I spent over a year with an MPD person). Somewhere else on TTI here there was some discussion relating to abused persons (which is the primary cause of MPD) possibly having high PSI and if I recall correctly that was being tied to some time phenomenon. The person I knew could readily travel out of their body fully conscious and see details as if they were flying about like a bird.

For more weirdness ... I recall (although there is a slight chance I have this confused with someone else) that the actor Scott Bakula who played in Quantum Leap had accidentally shot himself with a gun that was a prop for a TV or movie set and that prop was supposed to be loaded with blanks. In my recollection he died. This was back in the early 1990's. I watched very little TV after about the year 2000 and had not seen him in any TV or movies. Then recently I found him playing the captain in Star Trek Enterprise which started in 2001. I was very surprised he was still alive. Until reading this thread I just assumed I was mistaken about some facts around this situation but now I have to wonder ...
The number of people who remember Jonathan Winters dying twice is very strange. Oh yes and I also was one who thought Ernest Borgnine died long before 2012.

Another experience that happened recently with my partner that fits into Einstein's idea. She walks nearly every day and most often in a circular route always taking the walk in the same direction. One day she decided to walk it the opposite way (clockwise instead of counter-clockwise). When she did she spotted some large crystals just a few feet off her path that she always walks. My first thought was that by walking the opposite way it was easier to spot them. However when I took the walk with her and saw where she had found them it seemed a lot more likely that she would have seen them on her usual walking direction (which she has done for years) rather than coming from the opposite direction.

Back