Blast From The Past

Here's a curiosity. Another curiosity to add to the list.

Way back in March 2005 when Zeshua was just starting to post online, she posted here at TTI first, and then a few days later at TTF (Time Travel Forum).

At that time no one knew that the TTF was soon going to go off line for an extended period of many years. At that time it seemed just as likely to stay up and running as TTI.

But Sara wrote in her second post at TTF, way back then in March 2005, in the very beginning of it all,

"(The Following was accomplished at www.timetravelinstitute.com) Here is what we, and now only myself, were able to accomplish. Over 200 threads and thousands of correspondence stretching from February 22nd 2005-March 1st 2009."

Now, at the time no one asked why she specified that all this was accomplished at TTI only, and not also at TTF too, especially given that she seemed at the time to be starting a similar dialogue in both forums. But she was clear about it, saying that the vast majority of her correspondence and threads were going to be on TTI and not TTF.

It was very much as if she knew in advance that TTF was not going to be up and running for long.

Peter,

Your're shitting now, right? We're supposed to be enlightened and amazed that a poster, any poster, would actually be able to tell us in advance, In ADVANCE, that he would post more on one site than another?

ruthless,

The answer is that Zeshua chose to post here, chose to post there and chose to post here more than there.

"(The Following was accomplished at <a href="http://www.timetravelinstitute.com" target="_blank">www.timetravelinstitute.com</a>) Here is what we, and now only myself, were able to accomplish. Over 200 threads and thousands of correspondence stretching from February 22nd 2005-March 1st 2009."

Except that Zeshua has made 42 posts here, not thousands and has not posted an aggregate of 200 threads anywhere.

As to correspondance with people being in the thousands we suffer the Pamela-Titor Effect. We only have your word there have been thousands of (I'm assuming emails). We have no way to verify that you and others received thousands of emails from Zeshua. We do know that you are just about the only person promoting this meme, if not the sole person promoting this meme. We also know that you have a "slight" tendency to exaggerate and you always interpret whatever you refer to with the single minded purpose of making the peg fit the hole.

Peter, this was a Bozo who was piggy-backing on the Titor Saga for the very obvious reason of pointing a finger at The Believers and laughing out of his/her arse at them - and that, unfortunately includes yourself. For all I know, because of the very tenor of the thing, it was Tom Dehn. It was right up his alley. The very first post here said it all in consise terms.

The Exalted First Post:

Greetings All,

It is currently 72 degrees on February 22nd 2025 and this is my now attempt #18.

[Shooting for 20 years .25>.24219, (4*.24219 is .96876~1)*4=3.87504~4 should put this at Feb 22nd 2005]

Now you have the unmitigated privilege of posting whatever you want to post and believe whatever it is that you believe. But are you going to convince anyone that Zeshua was not a puppet account for another member here who was already registered and who may possibly still be registered here? I'll bet on winning the Cal Lottery as the better proposition.

Zeshua is DOA. Zeshua became DOA, as a time traveler, when s/he failed to reappear on the date that s/he said that s/he would reappear. That reappearance, in his/her proper time, would have been in the past - it had already occured - there was no doubt from his/her perspective that it had already occured...but it didn't happen. Bozo became bored with the meme and moved on to something else.

(And I referenced Tom Dehn only because he had already pulled off a whopper similar to this one about 18 months before on another site. He was also a member here for quite a while before Titor showed up but only posted a couple of times while Titor was here and hasn't posted, at least not as Tom Dehn, since then. I'm still not convinced that you and your sister didn't cook up Zeshua yourselves.)

I'd like to thank whoever changed the timeline a month or so ago. I've been happily listening to Chris Cornell's voice again. As best I can recall, he had succumbed to drugs several years ago. He's alive and well now so my hat is off to you.
It's surreal for me to see Chris Cornell performing a tribute to Whitney Houston.

Zeshua registered here seven years ago today. She also posted every February 22 between 2005 and 2008. One last post on 04/04/08 and then she was gone. For a sham, it was pretty lame. She could have told some fantastic tales of alien invasion, the second coming of Christ or a new ice age that forced everyone to live underground near the equator ... requesting caches of canned food be buried before 2009 to help save the few remaining humans. Instead, she sent some bogus pictures, encoded a rhyme about Michael Jackson and told us John Titor's story was basically the way it happened except for an M. Night Shyamalan-style twist.

Let's see some real effort people! Real time travelers or hoaxers of the future, dazzle us with brilliance and high-tech special effects we can all pick apart like the Zapruder film! Give us some real fun before the Mayan aliens return in ten months and destroy the Earth to make way for an interstellar bypass.

Zeshua registered here seven years ago today. She also posted every February 22 between 2005 and 2008. One last post on 04/04/08 and then she was gone.

Thought about that today as well, Jim. Oh, I know the debunkers will rush in and scream it was all a hoax. But for some that were there from day one.... we will probably always wonder.

If it was a hoax, it brought together a group of folks who probably wouldn't have met in different circumstances, and made them friends.

That's one thing that no one here can debunk or take away.

*waves to Florida Jim* /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Every time I post on this forum, I have altervus. I've only noticed one substantial change so far. In my previous timeline (aka last month), ion propulsion technology was in its infancy with only lab tests taking place at JPL (I'm a science geek). Now this has been going on for years.

It makes sense that future time travelers would travel to the past and accelerate the progress of science and technology. Titor contacted many scientists in 2000 - 2001. Sending data to the past can accomplish the same objective. I would just really like to know why I am aware of these things. I suppose it could be considered some type of extra sensory perception. I have experienced visions of future events, starting long before I hung around time travel sites. The most significant precognition I had was envisioning my wife and son with me a year before I met her. The first was a vision of the Space Shuttle Challenger exploding. I became aware of that about a month in advance and as the event drew nearer, the urgency grew. I feel some guilt that I didn't call NASA and say, "Don't launch, they will all die!" but I also imagine the FBI at my door the next day. I saw the launch of Columbia from my front yard in 2003 and had no clue it wouldn't make it back.

I would just like to hear from the people behind the timeline changes. Help me understand why I remember things the way they were and why I have any awareness at all. Sending an email to the past and experiencing those things in 2001 are one thing. Why does this continue for me now ... anyone?

It makes sense that future time travelers would travel to the past and accelerate the progress of science and technology.

That's the problem, Jim - it doesn't make sense.

Why would a time traveler go to their affective past and enhance technological development? If it is accomplished they have access to the enhancements in the present before they decide to time travel. It has already been accomlished. Therefore there is no motive for enhancing past technologies.

If you can time travel to the past to enhance the technology then present day technology has already been advanced as far a technology can be developed. This is called a Bootstrap Paradox - items (technologies) exist but appear to have never actually been invented. It is also a Strange Loop Paradox where all the causal links form a closed loop - A caused B, B caused C, C caused A

If we imagine that the technology to allow Time Travel lies in the future, even in the near future, and time traveler's will then go back in time and bring that technology with them, then the technology is here now. Time travel will be invented earlier and earlier time travelers will again go back with the technology and time travel will be invented even earlier until one day Neanderthalensis wears a suit and tie and has electric lights in his cave.

Darby

Why would a time traveler go to their affective past and enhance technological development?

I would think retarding technological development would be more of an advantage. The motive would be power. The ability to slow the technological advancement of mankind. Maybe even stop it altogether. Got any suspects?

And of course there was that patent clerk, without the educational background, that became a scientific god. Makes you wonder if he was really just a puppet being manipulated through time travel technology. If it hadn't been for him, maybe our science would have been based on facts instead of theories.

If we imagine that the technology to allow Time Travel lies in the future, even in the near future, and time traveler's will then go back in time and bring that technology with them, then the technology is here now

Precisely.

It ends up, if the scenario is actually possible, that time travel itself is both a Bootstrap Paradox and a Strange Loop Paradox. It invents itself without any specific cause or temporal locality and it is also the cause-effect-cause-effect... of its invention.

The motive would be power.

The motivation to what power? Its already been accomplished. Whatever one might imagine that they might take into the past and accomplish has occured in their past. Been there - done that. Already have the t-shirt.

If you plan to go into the past with some technology or knowledge and pass it back to them it has already fiiltered up the temporal food chain to you before you even consider doing it. It is a part of your present reality. That is the definition of "the past".

Try this one:

We have a colony on a planet in a star system 5 LY away. On that planet we have a camera pointed at a vacant lot that beams its signal to us on Earth 24-7/365.

In the mean time we invent time travel. So tomorrow we TT back in time 6 years relative to our colony and also spatially travel to that planet. We build a McDonald's on the vacant lot. The photons that left the planet 5 years ago from our camera-transmitter should just now be arriving on Earth. What is the picture that we will see? A vacant lot or a one year old McDonalds? Remember, the photons making up the video stream left the colony about 5 years before we time traveled to the colony.

If we see a McDonalds what mechanism altered the photons that were already almost 5 LY (Earth time reference) from the colony when we TT'ed back 6 years? If we don't see a McDonalds how do we explain the fact that we understand that we built the ediface a year before the photons left the colony?

Caveat: be careful of referencing FTL tavel. The very basis of our time travel schema depends on General Relativity and the light speed limit. Toss it out and we do not have a TT theory at all.

Darby

Try this one:

We have a colony on a planet in a star system 5 LY away. On that planet we have a camera pointed at a vacant lot that beams its signal to us on Earth 24-7/365.

In the mean time we invent time travel. So tomorrow we TT back in time 6 years relative to our colony and also spatially travel to that planet. We build a McDonald's on the vacant lot. The photons that left the planet 5 years ago from our camera-transmitter should just now be arriving on Earth. What is the picture that we will see? A vacant lot or a one year old McDonalds? Remember, the photons making up the video stream left the colony about 5 years before we time traveled to the colony.

If we see a McDonalds what mechanism altered the photons that were already almost 5 LY (Earth time reference) from the colony when we TT'ed back 6 years? If we don't see a McDonalds how do we explain the fact that we understand that we built the ediface a year before the photons left the colony?

Caveat: be careful of referencing FTL tavel. The very basis of our time travel schema depends on General Relativity and the light speed limit. Toss it out and we do not have a TT theory at all.

After a time machine is invented, I kind of see general relativity biting the dust as another failed theory. If time can be accessed and controlled, then time can be relative but not necessarily so. Probably some quantum time particles will have to be discovered.

Your scenario does have a loophole that maybe you weren't aware of. With a time machine, I can go back to a time before you thought to put a McDonalds on that empty lot. At that point in time the photons arriving would show an empty lot. So it's not till after you make the change to the past, that the arriving photons will reflect that change.

And this is the exact same thing that keeps happening to Florida Jim and me and others as well. The past keeps changing right under our feet. The future appears to somehow connect to the past. I suppose it could be a natural phenomena causing the changes. But more facts and less theories will eventually solve the puzzle.

I've just spent half an afternoon reading this entire thread.... has it been worth it? No!.....Lol. That Peter Novak fellow was something else.........

Hee hee! Yes, he was....uhhhh...entertaining. But thanks for resurrecting this thread, because it gives me the opportunity to show that I was "right" again in one of my own anagram encodings that I did:

"A Bog Swam Aware------------------- Obama Wages War "

He did indeed wage war on Libya. And of course it was only a matter of time, which was why I was confident in that (and all) my anagram encodings. I was just proving that anyone with half a brain could do what Zeshua did.

RMT

"I was just proving that anyone with half a brain could do what Zeshua did."

Lol, very true... I've just had a quick scan on "google" and "lifted" these 25 predictions (from a list of 50) for 2013 (mostly concerning the U.S.)

#1 There will be a major fight between the Republicans and the Democrats over raising the debt ceiling. This will be one of the stories that dominates news headlines in the months of February and March.

#2 Most of the new “revenue” that will be raised by tax increase in 2013 will come out of the pockets of the middle class.

#3 No matter what “fiscal deals” the Democrats and the Republicans make in 2013, the federal budget deficit will still end up being greater than a trillion dollars for the fifth consecutive year.

#4 The credit rating of the U.S. government will be downgraded again in 2013.

#5 The Federal Reserve, along with major central banks all over the globe, will continue to wildly print money.

#6 The movement away from the U.S. dollar as the primary reserve currency of the world will pick up momentum. This will especially be true in Asia.

#7 At least one “too big to fail” bank will fail in the United States by the end of 2013.

#8 Traffic along the Mississippi River will be significantly interrupted at some point during 2013. This will be a very negative thing for the economy.

#9 Food prices will soar in 2013. This will especially be true for meat products.

#10 In some of the poorer areas of the globe, major food riots will break out. Governments will have trouble containing the civil unrest.

#11 There will be more genetically-modified food in our supermarkets than ever before, and more Americans than ever will reject them and will seek out alternatives.

#12 The average price of a gallon of gasoline in 2012 was about $3.60. The average price of a gallon of gasoline in 2013 will be lower than that. Yes, you read that correctly.

#13 When the final statistics for 2013 are compiled, U.S. share of global GDP will be less than 20 percent for the first time in modern history. Back in the year 2001, our share of global GDP was 31.8 percent.

#14 The U.S. Postal Service will continue to experience massive financial difficulties and will lay off personnel.

#15 As violence in our public schools becomes increasingly worse, more Americans families than ever will decide to home school their children.

#16 The Obama administration and Democrats in Congress will make an all-out attempt to pass gun control measures in 2013. When their efforts on the legislative front are stalled somewhat by Republicans in the House, Obama will use his executive powers to further his gun control agenda.

#17 There will be an increasing amount of tension between state governments and the federal government. The issue of “states rights” will move front and center at various points in 2013.

#18 CNN will continue to sink to horrifying new lows. Piers Morgan will end up leaving the network before the end of the year.

#19 The U.S. trade deficit with China in 2013 will be well over 300 billion dollars.

#20 There will continue to be a mass exodus of families and businesses out of the state of California. The favorite destination will continue to be Texas, but Texas residents will become increasingly resentful of all of these new transplants.

#21 Giant sinkholes will continue to appear all over the United States and all over the globe, and scientists will continue to struggle to find an explanation for why it is happening.

#22 There will be some shocking political scandals in Washington D.C. in 2013. We will see some high profile resignations by the end of the year.

#23 ”Political correctness” will reach ridiculous new heights during 2013, and more Americans than ever will start to rebel against it.

#24 The U.S. government will put more resources into the surveillance of the American people than ever before, but most Americans won’t mind all of this surveillance because they have become convinced that it is important to give up some of our liberties for more “security”.

#25 There will be more war in the Middle East in 2013. But it will only set the stage for even more war in the Middle East in 2014 and 2015.

Here is source link:

50 Predictions For 2013