"The future ain't what it used to be."

Has anyone seen this symbol anywhere?

With two tabs that bend on the back, wouldn't it be made for a custom uniform or hat ? Don't think the pins made with the bendable tabs pierced through material like those with the pointy-pin attachment thingy.

With two tabs that bend on the back, wouldn't it be made for a custom uniform or hat ? Don't think the pins made with the bendable tabs pierced through material like those with the pointy-pin attachment thingy.
There are a lot more belt buckles made with this particular shape. So this might be a belt buckle or a brooch.

Perhaps for an elf -lol- it's too small. The pieces on the back of it were not bendable (by hand anyways) & I wish I had photographed the back of it. I've done so many searches for it, ancient scripture, religious symbols, vehicle logos - I do think it's vehicle related, but idk why. Symbol/logo searches by description, Google images, E-bay, antiques sites...

Most people tend to agree that it looks familiar. Why?

I saw an actual fireball in the sky one night not long ago, & it was amazing. So lately I fancy it's a symbol of a meteor falling across a crescent moon.

Perhaps for an elf -lol- it's too small.
LOL yeah I noticed the size after I posted that... I wish it was next to something so I could visualize the scale better!

Kind of reminds me of an Epiphone Guitar Logo

spacer.png

Yup, plus the shape of the item with the logo looks like it is a guitar feather.
Seiv, I did post a photo of a guitar pick. (Are they called feathers in the east? Perhaps ancient guitars were plucked with feathers...) However, the original photo on page 1 of the thread looks to be more of an emblem or crest perhaps.

I dub this the biggest mystery of 2014!
I concur. I've looked at hundreds of images, trying numerous descriptions in searching for this - can't find it. I've even showed the image to a friend that collects vintage pins, hat buttons and medallions, and he can't find it either. o_O

In other news, I found this emblem when digging in my yard, along with some large plates of bone-like material. Any ideas?

spacer.png

After looking at the photo intensely for about 5 minutes it occurred to me why it looks so familiar to so many people. I think it is an old badge and/or logo for Concorde. Just looking at it, it looks most like a Concorde jet out of any aircraft. Here is a similar logo for Concorde: http://mach2.concorde.free.fr/logo_concorde.jpg

I haven't looked into this too deeply yet as I need to get some sleep but I really think that it is Concorde related. I think if someone were to search hard enough they might find more of these metal badges. To me it looks like a badge or label. It may even be a stylized Concorde souvenir. Perhaps even a commemorative badge or medallion?

That's the frustrating thing, about that 'badge' , there are quite a few designs that are similar ( close but no cigar type of thing ). I tried Soviet trinket's, Canadian emblems ( since I believe 13yearsnake lives in Canada - awesome photographs posted on Deviantart btw 13year ) , THEN thought... how do we know that the badge is facing the right way ?

I looked at Egyptian jeweler, Turkish jeweler, Epitome and Luna guitars and crescent moon shaped jeweler in general. No exact match. If this is a custom piece we may never find it's match. I wish I could see the back. By the description it may be a scarf tie clasp or slide. Does anyone else remember how the back of a Boy Scout neckerchief slide looked? Two bent tabs.

Back