Immortality through time travel

seivtcho

Timekeeper
It seems, that the main theory of traveling in time can be divided into several sub - theories. Each of them has its chance to be true or not. Time traveling may be possible only by traveling into the future, or to the past. Furthermore the thing, that travels may be only a particle or a beam of light, or even an electromagnetic field. Each of them has its chances to be correct or not.

Recently I developed the idea about how to achieve immortality if the time travel, and the human immortality become true one day.

The science as general is being developed on the base of facts and avoids being build over theories. When something is a scientific theory, it has only a chance to be true. Building further theories on the bases of other theories increases more and more the chance for each next theory to be wrong, and this actually can be calculated mathematically. Real scientists as a rule, avoid building further theories over an existing theory. This is why when building theories about how we will be able to be immortal through time travel, at this moment (2014th year), it is impossible to talk about that with a certainty. The chance of being immortal through time travel depends on two main theories - first the time travel will be achieved some day, and second - people will be immortal one day. Thus the way for us to be immortal through time travel can be achieved only if these two main theories will be achieved in the future.

However, I think, that I developed the way for us to become immortal if some day these two things both happen.

I will not waste your time with details about my recent works, but in brief, I will represent the ideas about how I see the possibilities of immortality through time travel.

If time travel to the future is possible, we may go to the future, when the human immortality is already

developed and use the technologies, to become immortal.

If time traveling to the past becomes possible, then a time traveler from the future may give us the

technology for the immortality, so we to become immortal.

If small particles or energy becomes possible to travel in time, then it can be used as an information

transfer, in order to be transferred the information about how we to become immortal.

If time travel in the both ways becomes possible, then people from the future may come to our time, and when someone of us dies, the time traveler may replace the corpse with an equal biomass and send out body into the future. The last thing is required in order to be avoided the time paradoxes and the butterfly effect. To become possible, this way needs the information about who wants to be immortal to be saved until the time, when people will discover the time travel and the immortality.

The time travel to the past options, no matter for humans or information, as also the both ways time travel option require also to be saved the information about who wants to become immortal, plus eventually the dates, times and places of their death.

In another forum (for immortality) some different option was suggested - taking only our soul from future time travelers. Though at the bases of my knowledge and interpretation of the world at this moment (2014th year) I deny the existence of transferable soul and represent the consciousness as the work of the neural network of our brain, the believers in this idea also require the possibility of our future generation to know whose soul to get, where and when.

This is why I decided to generate a database of people, who want to be taken from future time travelers, and immortalized after their death.

You may send me a personal message, if you want to be included, or you may post in this topic, if you like.

I wonder what is your opinion on that? Please comment.

It seems, that the main theory of traveling in time can be divided into several sub - theories. Each of them has its chance to be true or not. Time traveling may be possible only by traveling into the future, or to the past. Furthermore the thing, that travels may be only a particle or a beam of light, or even an electromagnetic field. Each of them has its chances to be correct or not.Recently I developed the idea about how to achieve immortality if the time travel, and the human immortality become true one day.

The science as general is being developed on the base of facts and avoids being build over theories. When something is a scientific theory, it has only a chance to be true. Building further theories on the bases of other theories increases more and more the chance for each next theory to be wrong, and this actually can be calculated mathematically. Real scientists as a rule, avoid building further theories over an existing theory. This is why when building theories about how we will be able to be immortal through time travel, at this moment (2014th year), it is impossible to talk about that with a certainty. The chance of being immortal through time travel depends on two main theories - first the time travel will be achieved some day, and second - people will be immortal one day. Thus the way for us to be immortal through time travel can be achieved only if these two main theories will be achieved in the future.

However, I think, that I developed the way for us to become immortal if some day these two things both happen.

I will not waste your time with details about my recent works, but in brief, I will represent the ideas about how I see the possibilities of immortality through time travel.

If time travel to the future is possible, we may go to the future, when the human immortality is already

developed and use the technologies, to become immortal.

If time traveling to the past becomes possible, then a time traveler from the future may give us the

technology for the immortality, so we to become immortal.

If small particles or energy becomes possible to travel in time, then it can be used as an information

transfer, in order to be transferred the information about how we to become immortal.

If time travel in the both ways becomes possible, then people from the future may come to our time, and when someone of us dies, the time traveler may replace the corpse with an equal biomass and send out body into the future. The last thing is required in order to be avoided the time paradoxes and the butterfly effect. To become possible, this way needs the information about who wants to be immortal to be saved until the time, when people will discover the time travel and the immortality.

The time travel to the past options, no matter for humans or information, as also the both ways time travel option require also to be saved the information about who wants to become immortal, plus eventually the dates, times and places of their death.

In another forum (for immortality) some different option was suggested - taking only our soul from future time travelers. Though at the bases of my knowledge and interpretation of the world at this moment (2014th year) I deny the existence of transferable soul and represent the consciousness as the work of the neural network of our brain, the believers in this idea also require the possibility of our future generation to know whose soul to get, where and when.

This is why I decided to generate a database of people, who want to be taken from future time travelers, and immortalized after their death.

You may send me a personal message, if you want to be included, or you may post in this topic, if you like.

I wonder what is your opinion on that? Please comment.
I do think you may alter your views on the soul after you experience an out of body experience for yourself.

If you mean physical travel, our backbone has limitation of around one thousand years. But if you mean soul implantation into past self, perhaps it can be permanent. However do you really want? I think human life is valuable because it is limitation.

If you mean physical travel, our backbone has limitation of around one thousand years. But if you mean soul implantation into past self, perhaps it can be permanent. However do you really want? I think human life is valuable because it is limitation.
Hm... I don't consider the soul, since it doesn't exist (according to me). Ofcourse, if some day the existence of the soul gets scientifically proven, and the possibility for it to be transplanted gets proven, then I will change my opinion.
I don't know about the limitations of our backbone. For some people it gets weared off even in their life time. The rejuvenation medicine, transplantations and stem cells hold the key for solving all of the degenerative problems with the aging.

If I had a chance to live forever, I would do it.

I think your reasoning is sound. Surely there will be advances in medical technology in the future, via which immortality could be achieved. The only cautionary note is that so far in our history, lifespan has not been been significantly extended on the outer limit - rather, science has worked to extend more lower lifespans to that limit (say, 90-110 years of age). So to live beyond that, with full mental and physical faculties, would require something we haven't yet done, after far as we know, with our medical technologies.

In order for immortality to be realised, there will have to be a cure for all types of Cancers, all forms of Dementia, Aids, Leukemia etc etc. Rather than humans gain immortality, I think it more likely that the human race become extinct.

In order for immortality to be realised, there will have to be a cure for all types of Cancers, all forms of Dementia, Aids, Leukemia etc etc. Rather than humans gain immortality, I think it more likely that the human race become extinct.
Yup, and everything this is not impossible. In the future people will be able to be immortal. Even today some of the mentioned diseases can be protected against (the AIDS), and some can be treated if diagnosed early (the majority of the cancer types - even today many of them can be treated successfully if diagnosed in stage 1, including the most malignant of them all - the malignant melanoma of the skin). The pathways for the development of the treatment of the other two mentioned diseases is already established - Leukemia -> a type of "blood cancer" via chemotherapy development and bone marrow transplantation perfection, and dementia by producing artificially neurons from stem cells and integrating them into the brain.[DOUBLEPOST=1412077851,1412077084][/DOUBLEPOST]

Too many ifs in your basic premise for me seivtcho sorry
No. There are only 2 ifs:
1) If some of the time travel types becomes possible

and

2) If people become immortal

The other things depends entirely from those, who will try to develop the idea.

Sure. There have to be cure for all of that. But finding a cure for all of the mentioned is not impossible. Even today some of the mentioned diseases can be prevented (the AIDS), or can be treated if diagnosed early (the majority of the cancer types, including the most malignant of them all - the malignant melanoma of the skin). As for the Leukemia (which also is a malignant disease of the blood cells line, e.g. a type of cancer) and the Dementia types, the path for defeating them is already known. Now it is only a matter of time for them to be defeated. The development of the Leukemia treatment will be on the bases of developing the chemotherapy and further perfection of the bone marrow transplantations. The development of the dementia treatment, especially the age - related one will be developing neurons from stem cells and thus repairing the brain damage and recovering the number of the neurons.[DOUBLEPOST=1412078415][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think your reasoning is sound.
Thanks :) It seems very few people at the moment (year 2014 :) ) think so :)

Surely there will be advances in medical technology in the future, via which immortality could be achieved. The only cautionary note is that so far in our history, lifespan has not been been significantly extended on the outer limit - rather, science has worked to extend more lower lifespans to that limit (say, 90-110 years of age). So to live beyond that, with full mental and physical faculties, would require something we haven't yet done, after far as we know, with our medical technologies.
Today more and more has started to be talking about the such called "regenerative medicine", which in basic terms will be able to produce cloned organs, tissues and cells, which organs , tissues and cells will be able to be transplanted back in your body, thus repairing all damaged or aged organs and repairing all sorts of damage to your body. Take it as a car reparement. Until you have spare parts, you can replace all sorts of damage. The regenerative medicine based on the growing of genetically identical to you cells, tissues and organs will actually produce the needed "spare parts".

I heard somewhere recently that a respected futurist was quoted as stating that the first person who will live to 1,000 years old is alive today. Amazing idea. On the other hand, I find it unfortunate that at the same time we have defenseless children who will die of starvation with no foreseeable end to such misery.

I heard somewhere recently that a respected futurist was quoted as stating that the first person who will live to 1,000 years old is alive today. Amazing idea.
Ohhh, how much I want to live 1000 years :) Until then the immortality will be done, and will become immortal :)

On the other hand, I find it unfortunate that at the same time we have defenseless children who will die of starvation with no foreseeable end to such misery.
Yup, I also find it unfortunate, but this is the blame of their parents, who multiply uncontrollably. It is not possible for one African country, which can feed for example 5 million people to have 50 million population. How do you think, that there will be no hunger for the children in this country, since the same resources has to be distributed to 10 times more people? Imagine your food to become 10 times more expensive, or you to need to eat 10 times less. This is a starvation in a mass scale, produced by a local overpopulation, the blame for which is to the population, that grow uncontrollably.

Curing disease helps lead us toward immortality, but you still have to worry about an idiot drunk driving and killing you in a car accident.

There's no cure for that. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Curing disease helps lead is toward immortality, but you still have to worry about an idiot drunk driving and killing you in a car accident.There's no cure for that. :(
Not for much longer. They have self driving cars on the road right now. Drunk drivers may no longer be allowed to drive if those cars become available. The car will do the driving instead.

I don't think I'd ever wish to be immortal. There's a natural balance in the universe; people are born and people die. It seems Earth would have one hell of a population problem (even more so) if humans were immortal. We all just need to make the most with the time we have.

Besides, what a great adventure death might be. ;)

I don't think I'd ever wish to be immortal. There's a natural balance in the universe; people are born and people die. It seems Earth would have one hell of a population problem (even more so) if humans were immortal. We all just need to make the most with the time we have.Besides, what a great adventure death might be. ;)
Exactly!

I thought it was commonly understood that only those of us with time travel technology would reap the benefits of longevity through time travel.

Today more and more has started to be talking about the such called "regenerative medicine", which in basic terms will be able to produce cloned organs, tissues and cells, which organs , tissues and cells will be able to be transplanted back in your body, thus repairing all damaged or aged organs and repairing all sorts of damage to your body. Take it as a car reparement. Until you have spare parts, you can replace all sorts of damage. The regenerative medicine based on the growing of genetically identical to you cells, tissues and organs will actually produce the needed "spare parts".
Agree completely!

Insurance won't pay for it. Only the rich and medicaid patients will have access to it. Middle class will be screwed, as usual.