Is time travel to the past possible!

Yes. Possible.
That's wonderful. Would you please explain how?

No theories concerning to future please.I only wanna know about the past
ZeroZ;
Consider this;

http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/what-happens-when-you-alter-time.9750/#post-88751

If my conjecture on alternate timelines is correct, then why bother. If alternate timelines exist...a BIG IF... the past you wish to travel to may be no further than "my" decision to make this post, or "your" decision to make your initial post. If a new timeline is formed with each decision/choice we make there is no past to travel to. Except, of course, for those that have never made any decisions and are still on the original timeline. Will someone say, "Because that's what you do, travel to the other timelines." Then you are not time traveling... you are jumping between timelines... and with an infinite number of them... there is absolutely no way you can pick any certain one... they are infinite.

It's interesting, with so many reasons why time travel is so improbable, that it is just a teeny bit over a Planck length away from impossible, outside of pure speculation that is, so many people cling to a belief in it. The usual proof... so-and-so said he did it... Titor said he was from 2036... I can imagine it so it must someday be possible. Now, someone may ask me, "If you don't believe in TT then why are you here?" and I will reply, "I'm here precisely for that reason. I don't believe in it; I will debate the pro's and con's of it until; Someone proves I am wrong, at which point I will freely admit my error and apologize from the bottom of my heart to everyone I doubted. Of course, I also don't believe that day will come.

So, ZeroZ, that is my answer to your question.

ZeroZ;

Consider this;

http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/what-happens-when-you-alter-time.9750/#post-88751

If my conjecture on alternate timelines is correct, then why bother. If alternate timelines exist...a BIG IF... the past you wish to travel to may be no further than "my" decision to make this post, or "your" decision to make your initial post. If a new timeline is formed with each decision/choice we make there is no past to travel to. Except, of course, for those that have never made any decisions and are still on the original timeline. Will someone say, "Because that's what you do, travel to the other timelines." Then you are not time traveling... you are jumping between timelines... and with an infinite number of them... there is absolutely no way you can pick any certain one... they are infinite.

It's interesting, with so many reasons why time travel is so improbable, that it is just a teeny bit over a Planck length away from impossible, outside of pure speculation that is, so many people cling to a belief in it. The usual proof... so-and-so said he did it... Titor said he was from 2036... I can imagine it so it must someday be possible. Now, someone may ask me, "If you don't believe in TT then why are you here?" and I will reply, "I'm here precisely for that reason. I don't believe in it; I will debate the pro's and con's of it until; Someone proves I am wrong, at which point I will freely admit my error and apologize from the bottom of my heart to everyone I doubted. Of course, I also don't believe that day will come.

ZeroZ;

Consider this;

Seriously Epic.The only answer that i was really able to understand cause the only one that was relevant :D .Well then let us just continue over to our paths and hope for.............................

Do some research. Someone already mentioned it here, anyway.
We are supposed to say "No, it's not possible" to make GPA happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do some research. Someone already mentioned it here, anyway.
Ah, the usual "enlightened" response.
Why do you tell people, who have far more years of research experience than you, to do research, while you continue to make under-researched, unqualified, unsupported claims and act offended when they are challenged? Follow your own advice.

Ah, the usual "enlightened" response.Why do you tell people, who have far more years of research experience than you, to do research, while you continue to make under-researched, unqualified, unsupported claims and act offended when they are challenged? Follow your own advice.
No, you believe in nothing yet study nothing. You won't even read a book.

@Gpa Show us your proof that backwards time travel is not possible.

No, you believe in nothing yet study nothing and I'm tired of having to spoon feed you information when you're too lazy to go read a book.
I believe a great many things and I have studied many things. You have spoon feed me nothing, as you have never provided any information... except... of course... READ THE BOOK. The book by your apparent Hero, that can not contain anything beside the author's speculation. You can scream and yell, stomp your feet, and jump up and down yelling "It does not" all you want but, you will still be wrong. It's that you can not understand "why" you are wrong that will keep you from seeing that book for what it is...speculation.

There is plenty of speculation going around concerning Titor as it is. I certainly don't need any more.

@Gpa Show us your proof that backwards time travel is not possible.

PaulaJedi;

This has been done ad nauseam. If you were going to accept any proof offered to you, you would have by now. I am not going to waste my time re-presenting the same information to you. I am unaware of any veridical evidence presented to prove TT does happen. It might be nice if the believers starting presenting some.

I am not going to waste my time re-presenting the same information to you. I am unaware of any veridical evidence presented to prove TT does happen. It might be nice if the believers starting presenting some.
Ah, the usual "enlightened" response.

@Gpa

You want to debate, but you don't want to "prove" your side of the argument.

Also, I believe in God. I believe in time travel (forwards and backwards), I believe in aliens and the fact they've interacted with us in the past, I believe in psychic phenomena, ghosts, and many other things. I do not have to PROVE my beliefs to you. You are not significant to me. I discuss these things with my close friends. They know who they are and they are reading this smiling right now. So, have yourself a good day. I'm sorry I don't agree with you, but I'm a free spirit with free will.

View attachment 232

I'm not debating anything, Paula, I'm a just as big believer as yourselves, if The T. Tr. IS impossible, my own answer is just a fate detail, so to speak, an issue, I no more than anyone else allow myself that I can accept, why anyone can (seem to) contradict anything. God showed me only arrogance, so of course I can very well understand, why there are certain types, who once in a while (appear to) doubt about me, if it's not envy, it's still a waste of my time, apparently I was not supposed that I could exist as of The End of Feb. 1968 & up till now, best wishes, J.A. P.S.: Why were there So Many Calendar Changes?

I'm not debating anything, Paula, I'm a just as big believer as yourselves, if The T. Tr. IS impossible, my own answer is just a fate detail, so to speak, an issue, I no more than anyone else allow myself that I can accept, why anyone can (seem to) contradict anything. God showed me only arrogance, so of course I can very well understand, why there are certain types, who once in a while (appear to) doubt about me, if it's not envy, it's still a waste of my time, apparently I was not supposed that I could exist as of The End of Feb. 1968 & up till now, best wishes, J.A. P.S.: Why were there So Many Calendar Changes?
My post was for GPA. Was not aiming it at you. :)
I'm not a physicist. I cannot PROVE any type of time travel, but I believe based on what I've read and discussed throughout the years. If I could prove it, I'd be famous, wouldn't I? Sometimes intuition tells us a lot.

You want to debate, but you don't want to "prove" your side of the argument.Also, I believe in God. I believe in time travel (forwards and backwards), I believe in aliens and the fact they've interacted with us in the past, I believe in psychic phenomena, ghosts, and many other things. I do not have to PROVE my beliefs to you. You are not significant to me. I discuss these things with my close friends. They know who they are and they are reading this smiling right now. So, have yourself a good day. I'm sorry I don't agree with you, but I'm a free spirit with free will.

I believe in God
I do also. It's a matter of faith and belief that events in my life have no other explanation beside pure coincidence.

I believe in aliens and the fact they've interacted with us in the past
There are no laws of physics that preclude aliens so, I concede the possibility. There is, as yet, no scientific evidence they have interacted with humans in the past. There is some anecdotal evidence that serves as a pretext for those that support the possibility.

I believe in psychic phenomena
This is far too broad a category and I am skeptical of the vast majority of it. There are certain phenomena that have yet to be explained. One specific kind, the awareness of a tragedy between close family members even though they are not in contact.

No.

I believe in time travel (forwards and backwards)
I believe in forward time travel. I do it all the time. (pun is inevitable)
There is absolutely no valid evidence demonstrating any one or any thing has traveled from the future (as it has yet to occur) into the past or our present. We do not travel from our present into the past.

You want to debate' date=' but you don't want to "prove" your side of the argument.[/quote']I will happily continue to debate this with you or anyone else. I have presented material, in support of my position, on several occasions already. You may or may not have seen it. If you maintain you have not, I will look it up and offer it to you. You, as yet, have offered no material to support your position and when asked for it, you just say, "Where's your proof?", or refer to highly questionable source material. Which is why, you and I have come to this point of contention. I've not questioned your "beliefs" only your sources.

I'm not a physicist. I cannot PROVE any type of time travel, but I believe based on what I've read and discussed throughout the years. If I could prove it, I'd be famous, wouldn't I? Sometimes intuition tells us a lot.
If Michio Kaku, and those like him, are the archetype of the source material "you've read and discussed", it's no wonder you believe as you do.

If Michio Kaku, and those like him, are the archetype of the source material "you've read and discussed", it's no wonder you believe as you do.
I am allowed to read what I wish, when I wish, and believe whatever I wish with no obligation to YOU whatsoever.

It was many, who got arrogant w. me, an arrogance that I pers. saw no HARD evidence, whatsoever that I could rely on to be any part, any symbol of, why God could get away w. being against me being just myself, who alternatively decided to try & become a t. tr. to be, greetings, J.A. P.S.: what, I know about His 'Famous' Behavior, is only that the more, anybody believes in, why He exists, the more money can = the word manipulation, that's for now all, there is to me, no, I'm not twaddling.

It was many, who got arrogant w. me, an arrogance that I pers. saw no HARD evidence, whatsoever that I could rely on to be any part, any symbol of, why God could get away w. being against me being just myself, who alternatively decided to try & become a t. tr. to be, greetings, J.A. P.S.: what, I know about His 'Famous' Behavior, is only that the more, anybody believes in, why He exists, the more money can = the word manipulation, that's for now all, there is to me, no, I'm not twaddling.
I wonder if you are the person I know who hasn't been around for a while. Hmmm.

I'm still & just J.A, Paula, my situation has not yet 'offered' me any risk, whatsoever that I can avoid being just myself, what do I myself care for 'God's' Exist.? Best wishes, J.A., good luck to us all, '¡Brian Jung, por supuesto puedo esperar, en paz descanses!'

No theories concerning to future please.I only wanna know about the past
The state of physics to-date is that there are no viable theories that allow time travel to the past. I'm sorry but that is the current state of the science. Is it possible that in the future we will discover that it actually is possible? Yes, it is possible. For now, however, the evidence clearly says no.