Time Paradoxes...

Paul

Temporal Novice
ALTERING THE COURSE OF HISTORY
Find out why theoretical physicists think changing the past is impossible.
Travelling back in time now becomes very confusing when you are twenty.
The moment you are in the past you seem to have control over what you allow and don't allow to happen. You might be able to approach your younger self and tell him all the mistakes you will or have made.

In an accident you might give your teenage self bad advise. You might cause a chain reaction of events that make youself get badly bullied. Suppose you advise yourself to just ignore it instead of asking for help and HAVING it stopped. You look back on your childhood as if you know and remember everything about it. But of course if you are making changes this is no longer the same as your youth. The timeline has split and you are going up a different root in time.

The point is you don't know what like for your younger self. The pain! Other pupils mocking him every day. This could lead him to his grave. At sixteen unable to take it any longer you might commit sucide. This means you are dead before you are able to go back in time! You don't get the chance to go back in time. You never go back and meet yourself and never give any advice good or bad. You do not affect history.

You cannot change the past. In the sci-fi series Crime Traveller this idea was used. Holly (the quantum physicist who had a time machine)was never able to interfere with events that have happened. It was the first law of time. In simple terms you can visit history but you can't change it.

Maybe go INTO different universes. After going back in time the first change you make might put you in a different world. You can kill you grandmother when she was a girl. At her funeral you are still alive. How since you have never been born? You have came FROM a parallel alternate universe where you actually have been born. When you kill your grandmother you are actually killing a carbon copy her double FROM this world. Your double FROM this world will now never be born because of your actions.

IMPOSSIBLE
The following case of events could not happen.
Since the present is after the past do research now about a trip you will make back in time briefly. In a drawer you find a contract saying "I have succeeded in time travel to the past"signed by you. You cannot remember signing this before because you haven't yet. The wall clock reads 10:08Using a wormhole you go back five minutes ago. The clock now reads 10:03You pull the drawer open and grab the contract. It is not signed. You hear the handle of the door being turned. Your other self comes INTO the room. After burning the contract noone is going to find it. Accidently the place caughtes fire. Both of you run out. You other self cannot understand what's going on. After tripping down stairs he can't get up. Fire is all around him but the major threat is the smoke. After breathing in too much smoke death follows.

Follow a simpler example. If the Doctor using his TARDIS arrives in earth just before 2000 again and shot his other self there. This is an experiment to see what would happen. After the doctor shots his otherself in the head, the wounded doctor dies. What happens to the doctor that came back? He's already dead before he had a chance to come back. Would he therefore fade out of existance when he kills his other self? That would go against the laws of physics for this world.

The doctor could not have killed his other self. It is a paradox which is impossible.

THE SCRIPT
grin.gif
EATH BY BULLYING TIME TRAVEL CANNOT SAVE HIM

THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS WHEN A YOUNG TEENAGER NAMED KYLE WALKER COMMITS SUICIDE AFTER BEING BULLIED.HIS FRIEND JOHN MANAGES TO TRAVEL BACK IN TIME AFTER YEARS OF RESEARCH.HE TRAVELS BACK BUT IS UNABLE TO CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED.KYLE DEATH STILL CANNOT BE PREVENTED.JOHN ALSO LEARNS IT IS HIS FATE TO DIE ALSO AND WHEN HE DOES HE MEETS KYLE AGAIN AND THE WAIT ENDS.ALBERT EINSTEIN ALSO MEETS KYLE AND HAS SOMETHING TO SAY TO KYLE.ALBERT WAS ONCE NICKNAMED 'FATHER BORE' AND CALLED STUPID.THIS ALL HAS ENDED AND SUCESS HAS CAME.THEY LATER WATCH DOWN ON EARTH FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

BIG MOVIES THAT INVOLVE TIME TRAVEL

EXPLORING THE EFFECTS OF PARADOXES

I LOVE THE ACTION IN THE TERMINATOR FILMS.THE TWO FILMS ALSO ADDRESS PARADOXES WITH TIME TRAVEL.

THE PARADOX OF THE MESSAGE

IN THE FIRST FILM KYLE REESE TELLS SARAH A MESSAGE FROM JOHN.I.E. JOHN TOLD KYLE IN THE FUTURE.IT IS 'THANK YOU SARSH FOR YOUR COURAGE THROUGH THE DARK YEARS.I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH WHAT YOU MUST SOON FACE EXCEPT TO SAY THAT THE FUTURE IS NOT SET.YOU MUST BE STRONG SARAH,STRONGER THAN YOU EVER IMAGINED YOU CAN BE.YOU MUST SURVIVE OR I WILL NEVER EXIST.'SARAH REMEMBERS IT AND YEARS LATER TELLS JOHN.AFTER DECADES PASS JOHN TELLS KYLE THE MESSAGE BEFORE HE TRAVELS BACK IN TIME.WHO THOUGHT UP THE MESSAGE?HAS IT JUST SOMEHOW MANAGED TO COME INTO EXISTANCE?ACCORDING TO CLASSICAL PHYSICS THIS IS A CLASSICAL PARADOX.JOHN,KYLE AND SARAH CARRY THE MESSAGE ON.NONE OF THEM THOUGHT IT UP.

THE PARADOX OF THE EXISTANCE OF SKY-NET

WHEN THE COMPUTER CHIP AND ARM WERE FOUND IN THE FACTORY THE COMPANY DECIDED TO COVER IT UP.THEY SENT IT TO BE WORKED ON.IT WAS SMASHED BUT IT PRODUCED IDEAS.
DYSON RELISED IT WAS VERY ADVANCED.AFER A LOT OF WORK HIS COMPUTER DECAME SELF AWARE.THIS WAS NOT THE COMPUTER CHIP FOUND ITSELF BUT DYSON STILL NEEDED HELP FROM THE FUTURE IN ORDER TO BUILD SKY-NET.THE HELP FROM THE FUTURE WAS A REVIEW OF HIS OWN WORK.THIS LEADS TO A SIMULAR CONTRADICTION AS THE MESSAGE PARADOX.MATTER COMING INTO EXISTANCE WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE CREATED.

ERASING THE PAST

I DO NOT THINK CHANGING THE PAST IS POSSIBLE.IF WE COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND PREVENT OUR OWN EXISTANCE WE WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.HOW COULD YOU DO ANYTHING I.E. ERASE YOUR OWN EXISTANCE IF YOU WERE NEVER BORN?THIS DOES NOT MEAN TIME TRAVEL IS IMPOSSIBLE.YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE PAST EVEN IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME.ALL TIME AND SPACE MIGHT BE SET IN A FOUR DIMENTIONAL SPACETIME GEOMETRY.IF YOU APPEAR TO CHANGE THE PAST YOU COULD BE GOING DOWN A TREE-LIKE DIAGRAM AND ENTERING ANOTHER UNIVERSE.

THE PARADOX OF SKY-NET NEVER EXISTING

A SCRIPT WRITTER NAMED DANIEL PEARSE OF ANOTHER TERMINATOR FILM SPOTTED A PARADOX IN THIS.ACCORDING TO HIM IF SKY-NET NEVER EXISTS THEN JOHN CONNER CAN NOT EXIST IN HIS PRESENT FORM.THIS IS BECAUSE KYLE NEVER TRAVELS BACK IN TIME TO BE JOHNS' FATHER.HE ALSO SAID THAT SARAH AND JOHNS' MEMORIES OF THE MACHINES SHOULD BE ERASED ACCORDING TO THE THEORY.LETS THINK ABOUT THIS.WE SEEN THE DARK FUTURE IN THE TWO FILMS SO IT MUST HAVE HAPPENED SOMEWHERE,MAYBE ANOTHER UNIVERSE.NOW THAT SARAH AND JOHN HAS PREVENTED THIS FROM HAPPENING THE WORLD CAN GO UP AN ALTERNATE BRANCH AND AVOID THE NUCLEAR WAR.ACCORDING TO QUANTUM PHYSICS THE WORLD IS SPILITING INTO DIFFERENT BRANCHES ALL THE TIME.IN 'THE TERMINATOR' KYLE SAID HE CAME FROM ONE POSSIBLE FUTURE.HE ALSO SAID IN THE MESSAGE THE FUTURE IS NOT SET.MAYBE JOHN AND THE MEMORIES OF THE NIGHTMARE ARE LEFT BEHIND THE INSANE WORLD THAT IS STILL IN EXISTANCE BUT IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE.

I ENJOYED THE BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIES.IN THE SECOND FILM SCENES FROM THE FIRST FILM ARE RESEEN.TECHNOLOGY CALLED BLUE SCREEN IS USED TO COMBINE IMAGES.IT IS HOW DOCTOR EMMET BROWN COULD BE SEEN TO MEET HIMSE

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

INTRODUCING THE CONTERDICTIONS INVOLVED WITH TRAVELLING BACKWARDS THROUGH TIME

TIMETRAVEL CONTERDICTIONS

An easy to understand example of a paradox is a person who travels
back in time and kills his/her grandmother.If they could do this they wouldn't
have existed to do it.The grandmother must therefore survive deing murdered
by someone who doesn't exist.But if this happens then the timetraveller
is born and is free to go back and kill his/her grandmother.All we can say
is that a situation exackly the same as this is impossible to occur.Theories
have been put forward to prevent a paradox and allow timetravel.Entering parallel
universes and simply not being able to change the past were meantioned.

In The terminater the speech Kyle memerised FROM John to tell Sarah is
another kind of paradox if we assume that the universe Kyle is the same or
at least the message of the speech gets through to his original universe.
Kyle goes back in time tells Sarah the speech,then she later tells John
who gave Kyle the speech in the first place!Noone actually writes the speach.
John passed it on to Kyle,Kyle to Sarah and Sarah to John.

Imagine in 2005 that a company who built a time machine wrote an
account of how it was done.Then they go back in time to explore
the past.David,a scientist who travelled back in time gave his
younger self the designs.The young David then spends years designing
the time machine.The events got through to old Davids'original universe.
The designs weren't written dy David.They weren't written written by
any company.David gave the company the designs.The company later
allowed David to get the designs.Noone wrote the designs so how do
they exist?Noone invented timetravel so how is it possible?According
to classical physics this is a classical paradox and cannot occur in
reality.Every event must have a cause,but if this is correct then how
did the universe get created?Did it involve timetravel?Did it depend in
the existance of a future event.It maywell have!

Imagine that timetravel is already possible.A team of scientist create
an infinite timewarp which takes them back to the very beginning of
time.Travelling at the speed of light<with time stoped completly>
it takes them no time at all to create matter and time.This therefore
causes the big bang.This means future events already exist.There is
no direct counterdiction.We can't prove that future events don't exist.
If you say you are going to change the future by not commiting a crime
and therefore not facing a trail then not commiting a crime is what
you future was in the first in the first place.You haven't
changed the future!

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT mailto
tongue.gif
[email protected]

STEPHEN HAWKINGS' CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION HYPOTHESIS
THIS IS THE IDEA THAT TIME TRAVEL TO THE PAST IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE OF PARADOXES AND NO
TIME TRAVELLERS FROM THE FUTURE.I HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT THE IDEA THAT THE PAST CAN NOT BE CHANGED IN A SCRIPT I WROTE CALLED 'TIME TRAVEL CANNOT SAVE HIM'. SHEPHEN HAWKING HAD AN IDEA THAT
TIME TRAVEL TO THE PAST IS NOT POSSIBLE.HE WROTE ABOUT THIS IN HIS BOOK
'BLACK HOLES AND BABY UNIVERSES'.

IN 1991 HE DESCRIBED WAYS TIME TRAVEL COULD BE PREVENTED.IN HIS HYPOTHESIS
HE EXPLORED THE POSSIBILITY OF ALL TIME MACHINES BEING DESTROYED AT
THE POINT OF THEIR FORMATION.THE WORMHOLE MAY BE UNSTABLE OR THE
PRESENCE OF A SPACESHIP MAY MAKE IT UNSTABLE AND THEREFORE MAY NOT TAKE
YOU BACK IN TIME.THE WORMHOLE MAY WARP SPACETIME TO THE EXTENT TRAVEL
TO THE PAST WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE THROUGH IT.
HE DISCUSSED THE POSSIBLE PARADOXES
I.E. CHANGES THAT WOULD PERVENT YOUR EXISTANCE INVOLVED
WITH GOING BACK TO THE PAST.HE MEANTIONED
THAT IN HIS OWN WORDS 'WE
HAVE NOT BEEN INVADED BY HORDS OF TOURISTS FROM THE FUTURE.HE MEANT
IF TIME TRAVEL IS GOING TO BECOME POSSIBLE TIME TRAVELLERS FROM THE
FUTURE WOULD BE HERE NOW.IF IT BECAME POPULAR WHY WOULD WE NOT SEE
PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE HERE NOW.A LOT OF PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO BE HERE
NOW BECAUSE OF THE YEAR 2000 COMING UP.WHILE THIS TOPIC WAS BEING
DISCUSSED THE QUESTION 'HOW DO YOU KNOW PEOPLE HAVEN'T CAME BACK FROM THE
FUTURE?' WAS PUT FORWARD.WAS PUT FORWARD.MAYBE WE HAVE MET TIME TRAVELLERS
WITHOUT KNOWING IT!LIKE SOME PASSER-BY YOU MET LAST WEEK COULD HAVE
BEEN FROM ANOTHER POINT IN TIME.THAT PASSER-BY MIGHT EVEN HAVE BEEN YOU
FROM DECADES IN THE FUTURE!IF THIS IS THE CASE WHY WOULD PEOPLE NOT ADMIT
TO BEING TIME TRAVELLERS?THEY MIGHT THINK NOONE WOULD BELIEVE THERE STORY.
SOMETHING ACCEPTED IN PHYSICS NOW MIGHT BE WRONG AND THEY MIGHT KNOW ABOUT IT.
THEY THEREFORE MIGHT THINK THAT WE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE REAL PHYSICS FOR THIS WORLD.
AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE HAS BEEN CLAIMS OF SUCESSFUL TIME TRAVEL!
ACCORDING TO AN ANOYAMUS E-MAIL ON AN INTERNET WEB PAGE
A GUY ON THE RADIO CLAIMED TO BE A PERSON FROM AREA 51 AND SAID HE WAS FROM
THE YEAR 2050.HE MADE PREDICTIONS ABOUT THE FUTURE IN THE YEAR 1997.HE SAID
THAT THERE WOULD BE A FLOOD IN LOS ANGLEUS IN MARCH 1998.HE ALSO SAID
THAT THERE WOULD BE A GREAT EARTH QUAKE IN LOS ANGLEUS IN THE WINTER OF 1999.THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF RECORDED INCIDENTS IN WHICH PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY HAVE SLIPPED ACROSS TIME.WORMHOLES MIGHT EXIST TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO TRAVEL ACROSS TIME.A PERSON SAID HE VISITED THE FUTURE.ANOTHER PERSON CLAIMED TO HAVE WENT BACK IN TIME.BOOKS HAS BEEN WRITTEN THAT RECORD THESE EXPERIENCES.THESE CASES HAVE BEEN CALLED TIME SLIPS.

<CHAPTER 10>EXPLORING THE EFFECTS OF PARADOXES

I LOVE THE ACTION IN THE TERMINATOR FILMS.THE TWO FILMS ALSO ADDRESS PARADOXES WITH TIME TRAVEL.

THE PARADOX OF THE MESSAGE

IN THE FIRST FILM KYLE REESE TELLS SARAH A MESSAGE FROM JOHN.I.E. JOHN TOLD KYLE IN THE FUTURE.IT IS 'THANK YOU SARSH FOR YOUR COURAGE THROUGH THE DARK YEARS.I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH WHAT YOU MUST SOON FACE EXCEPT TO SAY THAT THE FUTURE IS NOT SET.YOU MUST BE STRONG SARAH,STRONGER THAN YOU EVER IMAGINED YOU CAN BE.YOU MUST SURVIVE OR I WILL NEVER EXIST.'SARAH REMEMBERS IT AND YEARS LATER TELLS JOHN.AFTER DECADES PASS JOHN TELLS KYLE THE MESSAGE BEFORE HE TRAVELS BACK IN TIME.WHO THOUGHT UP THE MESSAGE?HAS IT JUST SOMEHOW MANAGED TO COME INTO EXISTANCE?ACCORDING TO CLASSICAL PHYSICS THIS IS A CLASSICAL PARADOX.JOHN,KYLE AND SARAH CARRY THE MESSAGE ON.NONE OF THEM THOUGHT IT UP.

THE PARADOX OF THE EXISTANCE OF SKY-NET

WHEN THE COMPUTER CHIP AND ARM WERE FOUND IN THE FACTORY THE COMPANY DECIDED TO COVER IT UP.THEY SENT IT TO BE WORKED ON.IT WAS SMASHED BUT IT PRODUCED IDEAS.
DYSON RELISED IT WAS VERY ADVANCED.AFER A LOT OF WORK HIS COMPUTER DECAME SELF AWARE.THIS WAS NOT THE COMPUTER CHIP FOUND ITSELF BUT DYSON STILL NEEDED HELP FROM THE FUTURE IN ORDER TO BUILD SKY-NET.THE HELP FROM THE FUTURE WAS A REVIEW OF HIS OWN WORK.THIS LEADS TO A SIMULAR CONTRADICTION AS THE MESSAGE PARADOX.MATTER COMING INTO EXISTANCE WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE CREATED.

ERASING THE PAST

I DO NOT THINK CHANGING THE PAST IS POSSIBLE.IF WE COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND PREVENT OUR OWN EXISTANCE WE WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.HOW COULD YOU DO ANYTHING I.E. ERASE YOUR OWN EXISTANCE IF YOU WERE NEVER BORN?THIS DOES NOT MEAN TIME TRAVEL IS IMPOSSIBLE.YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE PAST EVEN IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME.ALL TIME AND SPACE MIGHT BE SET IN A FOUR DIMENTIONAL SPACETIME GEOMETRY.IF YOU APPEAR TO CHANGE THE PAST YOU COULD BE GOING DOWN A TREE-LIKE DIAGRAM AND ENTERING ANOTHER UNIVERSE.

THE PARADOX OF SKY-NET NEVER EXISTING

A SCRIPT WRITTER NAMED DANIEL PEARSE OF ANOTHER TERMINATOR FILM SPOTTED A PARADOX IN THIS.ACCORDING TO HIM IF SKY-NET NEVER EXISTS THEN JOHN CONNER CAN NOT EXIST IN HIS PRESENT FORM.THIS IS BECAUSE KYLE NEVER TRAVELS BACK IN TIME TO BE JOHNS' FATHER.HE ALSO SAID THAT SARAH AND JOHNS' MEMORIES OF THE MACHINES SHOULD BE ERASED ACCORDING TO THE THEORY.LETS THINK ABOUT THIS.WE SEEN THE DARK FUTURE IN THE TWO FILMS SO IT MUST HAVE HAPPENED SOMEWHERE,MAYBE ANOTHER UNIVERSE.NOW THAT SARAH AND JOHN HAS PREVENTED THIS FROM HAPPENING THE WORLD CAN GO UP AN ALTERNATE BRANCH AND AVOID THE NUCLEAR WAR.ACCORDING TO QUANTUM PHYSICS THE WORLD IS SPILITING INTO DIFFERENT BRANCHES ALL THE TIME.IN 'THE TERMINATOR' KYLE SAID HE CAME FROM ONE POSSIBLE FUTURE.HE ALSO SAID IN THE MESSAGE THE FUTURE IS NOT SET.MAYBE JOHN AND THE MEMORIES OF THE NIGHTMARE ARE LEFT BEHIND THE INSANE WORLD THAT IS STILL IN EXISTANCE BUT IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE.

I ENJOYED THE BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIES.IN THE SECOND FILM SCENES FROM THE FIRST FILM ARE RESEEN.TECHNOLOGY CALLED BLUE SCREEN IS USED TO COMBINE IMAGES.IT IS HOW DOCTOR EMMET BROWN COULD BE SEEN TO MEET HIMSELF.

INTRODUCING THE CONTERDICTIONS INVOLVED WITH TRAVELLING BACKWARDS THROUGH TIME

TIMETRAVEL CONTERDICTIONS

The most obious example of a paradox is probably a person who travels
back in time and kills his/her grandmother.If they could do this they wouldn't
have existed to do it.The grandmother must therefore survive deing murdered
by someone who doesn't exist.But if this happens then the timetraveller
is born and is free to go back and kill his/her grandmother.All we can say
is that a situation exackly the same as this is impossible to occur.Theories
have been put forward to prevent a paradox and allow timetravel.Entering parallel
universes and simply not being able to change the past were meantioned.

In The terminater the speech Kyle memerised FROM John to tell Sarah is
another kind of paradox if we assume that the universe Kyle is the same or
at least the message of the speech gets through to his original universe.
Kyle goes back in time tells Sarah the speech,then she later tells John
who gave Kyle the speech in the first place!Noone actually writes the speach.
John passed it on to Kyle,Kyle to Sarah and Sarah to John.

Imagine in 2005 that a company who built a time machine wrote an
account of how it was done.Then they go back in time to explore
the past.David,a scientist who travelled back in time gave his
younger self the designs.The young David then spends years designing
the time machine.The events got through to old Davids'original universe.
The designs weren't written dy David.They weren't written written by
any company.David gave the company the designs.The company later
allowed David to get the designs.Noone wrote the designs so how do
they exist?Noone invented timetravel so how is it possible?According
to classical physics this is a classical paradox and cannot occur in
reality.Every event must have a cause,but if this is correct then how
did the universe get created?Did it involve timetravel?Did it depend in
the existance of a future event.It maywell have!

Imagine that timetravel is already possible.A team of scientist create
an infinite timewarp which takes them back to the very beginning of
time.Travelling at the speed of light<with time stoped completly>
it takes them no time at all to create matter and time.This therefore
causes the big bang.This means future events already exist.There is
no direct counterdiction.We can't prove that future events don't exist.
If you say you are going to change the future by not commiting a crime
and therefore not facing a trail then not commiting a crime is what
you future was in the first place.You haven't
changed the future!

------------------
Paul Curran

Dear Paul:

If everything requires a cause, then how did the universe get started in the first place? Clearly, even if cause-and-effect relationships are a given in this world, right now, at some point in the distant, distant past, this was not the case. (Or somehow the future created the past, which is one of the famous "paradoxes.") I tend to think that time is largely a phenomenon of perception, but not necessarily a part of "objective reality" (whatever that means. WE MUST RE-THINK CLASSICAL PHYSICS AND CAUSALITY. Many people need a belief in cause-and-effect relationships in ORDER to continue operating effectively in the world. But what if cause-and-effect is not absolute at all, but only a tendency? After all, there are so many causes and so many effects, all interwoven, and my experience tells me that free will does indeed exist to some limited extent.

Best Wishes on your OBE attempts!

J

A long time ago i experienced a slowing of time. I could control my efforts but the results were the same speed as everything else. The only change was my thoughts. They were outside of time and going faster than possible. Others around me at the time did not notice anything strange. Ever since i have dedicated myself to the truth of our world. Inclueding time travel and the paranormal. I have also seen a ghost and a Unidentified Flying Object. My theory is that time is maliable and is possible to strench, bend, and possibley control. Being a 'Time Traveler' myself i am pen to any suggestions to EXPLAIN what happened to me. Thank You for your time.

Paul, did you even write/study/etc. any of this yourself? It seems like all you really did here was go out and gather (copy) a bunch of paradox theories and post them in one place. And some of the "examples" from popular culture you used to try to prove your point were from films and shows where the exact same things you're trying to say arent't possible "as in such-and-such movie" are ones in which the storyline is that these things are possible and are done all the time (i.e. dr. who, etc.).

And why would anyone go through all the trouble of going back in time just to kill their grandma/commit suicide/etc.? If you have mental problems and want to commit suicide or murder, I don't think you need to go to a different time to do it.