"The future ain't what it used to be."

Time-travel Paradoxes!

BTW TT_0

Care to elaborate any further info on the "Other" Time~Travelers from "Your" World-Line"???

*What are the other TT's worldline destinations, and missions?

*Are any of them, besides yourself, on our current worldline that you are aware of?

*Are you in contact by some special means with any other TT's? (if so, How is this done?)

*How is it possible to send a message through Time?

(Please Review my earlier Questions)

Last edited by a moderator:
((Could you please make a note, to remind yourself to bring them with you on your "Next Visit" here?))

I will not be returning to this worldline.

((Meanwhile, why not use your memory to paint us a more "Specific" picture of your worldline, by providing us with some more "Detailed" information that would provide to those who may be more skeptical?))

I think skepticism is a good thing and no one should lose it.

((by accepting this challange (instead of avoiding it) what harm would it possibly bring?))

I’m not sure what “challenge” you are referring to. If you mean the live chat, I have no problem with that. I do that quite often on other boards. However, I fear I have very few bread and circuses left and I fear I am becoming quite boring. Also, I’m not sure I fully understand the nature of the challenge.

http://communities.msn.com/THETIMETRAVELCOMMUNITY

((if you keep out any information that may not be acceptably permissable in order to prevent any clandestine repercussions of the future outcome of a series of events which are crucial to our future to come, so that they may play out their roles, as they were intended, I can only see that there are still many variable details that you "CAN" Disclose to us that would not be this detrimental, and only "Add" to your Credability. ))

Again, I do not seek to add to my credibility. There is no point to it. Actually, by providing information that was usefull, I would be adding to your collective fear that I am real. In that case, this cycle we are in concerning “truth” only spirals and gets worse.

((One good example of such, I would like to ask you to disclose the names of these "Five Presidents" that you mentioned earlier.))

Over the past few postings, I have tried to describe the limits of what I will talk about and why. Here is a short recap list. In future postings, I will place the following number next to each question as to why I will not discuss it.

1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bombing information.

3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well being.

((*Who:> Who are they?…)) --------- 3

((…and who are those involved with breathing life into this supposed NWO, that many people in our current world-line are so afraid of?))

On my worldline, we are no longer afraid of the “NWO”. Are you afraid of Nazis?

((*What:> A.)What are their primary, and post secondary functions within the New GVT?))

The reason the job of President was split into an office of 5 has 4 main reasons. With 5, foreign policy is more consistent, power shifting between parties has less of an impact on the overall government, individual strengths between presidents add to the strength of the overall office, and one president is elected for each major area in the United States.

((B.) What is the extent of their Authoritive positions of power?))

The office of President is far more diluted and decentralized than it is here. The powers of the national government are more defined and reside more at the county and state level.

((C.) What is our New GVT like, compared to our worldline's current GVT?))

I think the new government is good. However, since the concept of nationally subsidized welfare is gone, most people here may not appreciate it.

((*Where:> Where do they reside?))

The new US capitol is in Omaha Nebraska.

((*When:> When do each of them officialy acquire their respective positions of Authority?))

The voting for individual candidates is on a rotating schedule.

((*What are the other TT's worldline destinations, and missions?))

I am not aware of the details of other missions. Of the seven, three had already left before I did. I suspect they are on similar missions.

((*Are any of them, besides yourself, on our current worldline that you are aware of?))

No, the chances of that are very slim.

((*Are you in contact by some special means with any other TT's? (if so, How is this done?))

No, although I would suspect that is not impossible I have no idea how you would do that.

((*How is it possible to send a message through Time?))

Unless the information physically travels with the person, not that I'm aware of.

I appologize,

I meant to say that time was accelerated and the energy per unit volume lower at our respective position as a result of the increased density of air as a result of increased humidity. I donnot mean to say that time actually slows down but sequence of events are accelerated outside the reqion of higher humidity with respect to those events within the region of higher humidity as a result of the area of higher humidity having a lower energy density then the region of lower humidity. This is indeed counter intuitive and requires a unique perspective of the model to totally understand. Most scientist would agree that higher energy densities occupy masses of higher density. This is because the masses of higher density will have atoms with more electrons and protons enabling higher angles of energy deflection within the mass prolonging the period of time required for the free propagation energies to permiate through the solid medium. When I speak of eneries I am refering to the electro-magnetic spectrum. I would like to appologize for butchering the english language in my last two postings, but I was on a timer and did not have time to hit the 'spell check' button. In short, I really do wander if there is a sort of time dialation within the atmosphere caused by the fluctuating levels of temperature and humidity. Can anyone coment? I was also realizing that by compressing energy to a smaller volume of space that space would likewise expand taking on lesser density even without having to stretch at all. This would mean that the total volume density of a volume of space is defined mathematically as S=1/e^2 where S is the density of space and e is the density of energy. (a side note to Plight: this is part of the mathematical model for the device in that as the radius of the magnetic field decreases to zero at 180 degrees torque: the energy density of the field increases to infinity as the space-time density decreases to zero. Beyond 180 degrees torque the energy density of space space-time aquires a negative density according to the equation S=1/e^2 where e^2 rises above infinity(infinity not being true infinity but a convenient label for the unknown limit value of e^2.)and the corresponding S value takes on a negative value.

sincerely,

Edwin G. Schasteen

Last edited:
It sounds more like your backing out TT_0.

Why not answer my posts directly and on the same week as I posted them?

You sound fearful...

You say you cannot disclose information that may threaten to change people in this worldline personally. Though you have no idea how much you have changed people already with your big mouth.

Let me ask you something... Let's assume for a minute that you are a Time Traveler. Tell me, what is the policy when encountering an unknown variable?

You came into this discussion board for reasons that only you would know. To accomplish something that you thought would benefit us? Or to relinquish some make believe fantasy you had?

Who knows...?

But hey, don't get me wrong, I used to play Cops and Robbers too. Super heros are cool . But when you came here, you didn't come here as a call to save humanity... did you? No, there was something else wasn't there?

Well, it sounds to me that your stay here is numbered. I can only imagine what peril this will bring upon you once you get back.

I can only say, thanks. You've restored my will to keep up my fight to stop people like you messing up the TimeLine.

And oh, that unknown variable, it's me. You didn't plan on encountering resistance. Especially a TimeTravelActivist. Hey this sounds more like something that would happen at the end of a Scobby Do cartoon . "You rotton kids..."

I suggest you don't underestimate the past and think you can waltz in here assuming nothing can go wrong. You may be the Traveler, but I'm a native to this land. Take a lesson from history, and just respect people's domain.

That's assuming that you are a Time Traveler. But personally I think your just playing into people's fascination with TimeTravel. Why else would you be here, in a TimeTravel discussion Forum, claiming to be a TimeTraveler? You tell people what they want to hear, of course there going to believe you. You only keep them guessing and their fantasy going.

I gotta go, but you just think about doing that again in another message board, you can expect the same results. Someone out there, is a TimeTravelActivist just like me, ready to speak out. Remember that...

-Javier C.

[This message has been edited by TimeTravelActivist (edited 09 January 2001).]

To: TimeTravelActivist

I apologize for being unable to respond faster. I looked back and couldn’t find any questions but I may be mistaken.

I also see that you seem to have a great deal of anger directed at me. If you knew where I was and how to get the distortion unit, what would you do? What judgment and punishment should be passed upon me?

On this and many other discussion boards are people who are genuinely interested in and hoping to experience or discover time travel. What punishment would you apply to them if the succeed? I see that you too have had time travel experience. What punishment do you deserve?

When time travel was discovered, there were many people who were against its development. However, once the true nature of time was realized, the resistance faded. Even if one worldline was able to ban, kill and stop all time travel, it will continue on another.

However, the corollary is also true. Take heart, on some worldline, you have succeeded and all time travelers are dead by the hand of your followers and thinking or talking about it is a crime.

TT_0,

You still didn't answer my questions. Instead you went off the subject, and attempted to blame me for something I have no control over.

Let's set the record straight here. If TimeTravel is used wisely, ethically, and with intentions that don't allow for an advantage in which ever side is using it. Then I am fine with it.

But, if it is used to go back and change events in favor of a world governmets hidden agenda, then yes I would like them to be punished. How would you like to be exploited? Who likes being used...?

So in retro-pects, I sense you have anger in me, for having morals and a sense of ethics on this issue of Time Travel. I don't want this ability to be used by eager selfish people who want to play God with life.

Excuse me, but I may be a bit old fashion, but traditions and ways of life are things to hold on to. Sure, advancement of the human race is a good ideal to have as well, but not through the means of Time Travel.

So in conclusion, I still await your answers to my questions. What do you have to lose that you haven't already messed up already.

I mean no disrespect, but you don't seem to have the wisdom that I would expect someone from an advanced future would have. Your ideals are to liberal, much like in the 70's where things were all about Sex, drugs and free love. Nasty...

No, The worldline you described sounds defeated, desperate, will accept everything new without question.

You sound the same exact way. Reading over your last post I couldn't help but feel that. If you are an example of what people in the future feel about life, if you per-se are like a representative of that TimeLine. I'll tell you what, that TimeLine, that world sucks.

That's all for now, I gotta get back to work.

Sincerely,

Javier C.

Hi everybody. Im back.

getting use to my new computer system.

I was going to post something here and reference it to a previous post but for some reason those two postings have disappeared and I have been over and over pages 5,6,7,and 8 and cannot find it at all.

It was a posting by TTO replying to ,I believe ,Trott. he made a cryptic message to him asking him if he ever heard the "Princeton string quartet play." and trott responded back that he knew who the scientists were in the Princeton string quartet. I cannot find these two interesting postings at all. Does anyone know where they are? The only one that can delete postings completely are the moderators.MOP,DYMENZION did you delete them? Trott and TTO are not even registered to edit their postings.

My question is WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE POSTINGS???????????????????????????????

Anyway I cannot refer back to them now so I will just tell you one of CERN'S employees has recommended to me to read "QED" the strange theory of light and matter. by Richard P. Feynman. I was hoping it was not a big book when I got the book, at the top of it, in purple and white were these words:

PRINCETON SCIENCE LIBRARY

(Princeton, New Jersey

Princeton University press)

anyway I am curious about the missing postings. TTO take a look back...do you know what happened to it? if so write me.maybe I am just overlooking it.although I checked over those pages 4 times!

thanks.

pamela

[This message has been edited by pamela (edited 16 January 2001).]

I too have made referrence to this (QED) Book, matter of fact I just lent it out of the TAP-TEN Library to Gary Schasteen on his last visit to my house!

I am suprised that this was overlooked?

Oh well, I am also a very talented musician.

I found it, it was in the parallel universe thread. I knew i had read it.

TTO:

"You’re a physics student, have you ever heard the Princeton String Quartet play?"

TROTT:

"Mr. TT_0,

I am familiar with the Princeton String Quartet. They are physicist who are working on string theory at the Advanced Institute of Physics at Princeton University in New Jersey."

[This message has been edited by pamela (edited 10 January 2001).]

(E8)x(E8)=? S=1/E^2

E^2*64,

E^2=1/64

S=1/64

S^1/2=((1/3)/8))

1=.999...n

1^1/2=.333...n,1 and -1.

If E is energy density and S is Space-time fabric density.

Last edited:
Mr. TT_0,

You mentioned a divergence from time lines. How is it possible to measure such a divergence? I would assume that it would be impossible to calculate how causes of one single event would propagte into the future. Does not chaos theory make such determinations impossible? Even if I gave you the exact position and velocity of all objects in the universe (which is impossible(I can not even give you the exact position and velocity of a single object due to the Heisenberg Uncertainity Principle)) you could not tell me what the future holds. Of course this results from the fact that the objects do not represent individual closed systems but in fact can interact.

P.S.

You said 6 curled up dimensions. The current theory suggests that there should be at least 7 curled up dimensions. It was discovered by Ed Witten that if you added an additional dimension that the 5 slightly different versions of string theory would combine into a single theory, which is often called M-theory.

((You mentioned a divergence from time lines. How is it possible to measure such a divergence?))

The measurement for worldline divergence is an observation variable isolated to the distortion unit. An effective analogy would be a “gravity radar”. The unit’s sensors take a “snapshot” of the local gravity around the unit before a flight. During travel, this baseline is periodically checked to make sure there are no major changes in the environment that would cause a catastrophic mass failure (brick wall appearing from nowhere). The percentage of VGL divergence from one worldline to another is a calculated guess by the three computers that control the unit based on its starting point. It is useless in describing characteristics of individual worldlines.

There is a bit of folklore about the first distortion driver who reaches a destination with a zero divergence. This would mean they had traveled on a spacelike trip to their own worldline of origin. This paradox is quite possible although highly unlikely. I wonder if anyone out there can take current string theory and make that one work on paper?

((You said 6 curled up dimensions. The current theory suggests that there should be at least 7 curled up dimensions.))

I may be mistaken but I thought it was pretty well established now that (N -10) was on track.

Direct quote from the Home Page of this Board:

"The Time Travel Institute, although entirely fictional, still respects your privacy."

(Smile)

Last edited:
TT_0,

I take it you have no further comments or intentions of answering my last post?

Considering what answering may undermine, I can respect you sudden silence.

Anymore dialogue between you and me and I could very well end up discrediting your claims of being a Time Traveler.

Or on the other hand, may very well end up supporting my point about Time Travelers intentions.

Either way, if you wish to have a real dialogue, and meet my challenge, I still await your answer. In addition, don't answer what and when is convenient for you. There have been a few past posts requesting that you supply answers to. And you have only come up with what seems to be something that is just convenient enough for someone to quickly study in a book and post as your own knowledge.

So enough stalling…

Have a nice day,

Javier C.

P.S. Here’s another one you can try answering for me . I been meaning to ask you, what is your fascination with posting “kill” as your futures means of punishment? This is the 2nd time you’d mentioned it. Don’t you have a criminal justice system in the future anymore? Or is “killing” just your thing?

I must admit TTA, you have succeeded in confusing me. The more I read your postings, the more I question my understanding and local use of social interaction, courtesy and logic. However, I also believe that all viewpoints have some inherent value even if it’s not apparent.

((I take it you have no further comments or intentions of answering my last post?))

I took a look at your last posting and didn’t see any questions. However, I now realize that I may be mistaken in assuming much of what you wrote was rhetorical. In may be helpful if you add some indication that you are asking a question you wish someone to comment on.

((However, there is one thing I would like to know. TimeTravel_0 if in fact you have been to the future, what happens to JCS- ME =)? Am I deeply involved in this Time Travel project as well? What of the resistance?))

This is the only question I found from your postings that you could be referring to. Again, I have no knowledge of you in any possible future nor would I comment on it if I did. As far as the photograph of me in a uniform, I’m not sure what that would prove even if I had one.

((Anymore dialogue between you and me and I could very well end up discrediting your claims of being a Time Traveler.))

I must admit TTA, you have succeeded in confusing me. The more I read your postings, the more I question my understanding and local use of social interaction, courtesy and logic. However, I also believe that all viewpoints have some inherent value even if it’s not apparent.

((I take it you have no further comments or intentions of answering my last post?))

I took a look at your last posting and didn’t see any questions. However, I now realize that I may be mistaken in assuming much of what you wrote was rhetorical. In may be helpful if you add some indication that you are asking a question you wish someone to comment on.

((However, there is one thing I would like to know. TimeTravel_0 if in fact you have been to the future, what happens to JCS- ME =)? Am I deeply involved in this Time Travel project as well? What of the resistance?))

This is the only question I found from your postings that you could be referring to. Again, I have no knowledge of you in any possible future nor would I comment on it if I did. As far as the photograph of me in a uniform, I’m not sure what that would prove even if I had one.

((Anymore dialogue between you and me and I could very well end up discrediting your claims of being a Time Traveler.))

I do not seek credit for anything. The most I hope for (for the most part) is to be at least interesting and engaging.

((Either way, if you wish to have a real dialogue, and meet my challenge, I still await your answer.))

Perhaps I was unclear before. I did provide the web link earlier that does have a chat room set up for time travel. My schedule is a bit more flexible right now at least for the next week or so. Please take a look and let me know when you will be there (open to anyone of course). Since there really is nothing to be gained or lost, I look at this not as a challenge but more of an opportunity to get to know everyone better.

((In addition, don't answer what and when is convenient for you. There have been a few past posts requesting that you supply answers to. And you have only come up with what seems to be something that is just convenient enough for someone to quickly study in a book and post as your own knowledge.))

I’m not sure what you mean by that. In earlier postings, I have stated that I’m trying to avoid repeating myself and frankly there are some items that are just over my head or that I have no knowledge of. It is curious that you feel knowledge can be something owned or somehow that becomes less worthwhile if it’s passed on.

((P.S. Here’s another one you can try answering for me . I been meaning to ask you, what is your fascination with posting “kill” as your futures means of punishment? This is the 2nd time you’d mentioned it. Don’t you have a criminal justice system in the future anymore? Or is “killing” just your thing?))

Perhaps you could take the dialogue in question and post it with your question. However, if I understand you, you’re asking about death on my worldline. Yes, it is more a part of our lives than it is yours (at least for now) and capitol punishment is a reality.

I do not seek credit for anything. The most I hope for (for the most part) is to be at least interesting and engaging.

((Either way, if you wish to have a real dialogue, and meet my challenge, I still await your answer.))

Perhaps I was unclear before. I did provide the web link earlier that does have a chat room set up for time travel. My schedule is a bit more flexible right now at least for the next week or so. Please take a look and let me know when you will be there (open to anyone of course). Since there really is nothing to be gained or lost, I look at this not as a challenge but more of an opportunity to get to know everyone better.

((In addition, don't answer what and when is convenient for you. There have been a few past posts requesting that you supply answers to. And you have only come up with what seems to be something that is just convenient enough for someone to quickly study in a book and post as your own knowledge.))

I’m not sure what you mean by that. In earlier postings, I have stated that I’m trying to avoid repeating myself and frankly there are some items that are just over my head or that I have no knowledge of. It is curious that you feel knowledge can be something owned or somehow that becomes less worthwhile if it’s passed on.

((P.S. Here’s another one you can try answering for me . I been meaning to ask you, what is your fascination with posting “kill” as your futures means of punishment? This is the 2nd time you’d mentioned it. Don’t you have a criminal justice system in the future anymore? Or is “killing” just your thing?))

Perhaps you could take the dialogue in question and post it with your question. However, if I understand you, you’re asking about death on my worldline. Yes, it is more a part of our lives than it is yours (at least for now) and capitol punishment is a reality.

TT_0,

why would you travel back to our time looking for a UNIX Bug Fix when the people in your time could simply try to fix it themselves??

what will you be using UNIX for,BTW?

In the future,are the overall temperatures cooler or hotter than they are here and now?

in an earlier post,you said Skeptisism isnt a bad thing,but you seem to back down to TTA and answer few if any of his questions..Why?

FastWalker2

[This message has been edited by Fast (edited 11 January 2001).]

Back