What time period would you visit?

PaulaJedi

Rift Surfer
For fun:

If you had a time travel device, what time period would you be most interested in visiting?

I would love to visit the 80's again and have a little fun for a few days, and then I'd want to see something totally futuristic, like 500 years from now.

How about you?

If I was confined to a single period, I think it would have to also be the distant future. Perhaps even one to two thousand years ahead, to see what had become of humanity. The idea captures a lot of wonder for me.

If add-ons were permitted, a trip back to the time of Jesus Christ would probably be my next desire, due to my spiritual and religious heritage and interest. Finally, perhaps a visit to prehistoric times of the dinosaurs for a Jurassic Park experience.

I've been putting off replying to this thread because I can't make up my mind!

In the interests of just providing a damn answer and seeing how it flies, here goes:

If it were a one-way trip, I'd want to travel back to the early eighties. I grew up with all manner of 80's techie stuff and had a blast (Teddy Ruxpin, My First Sony, our family's IBM PC, etc). I'd like to experience that period again from an adult perspective... Perhaps make a few wise investments ;)

If it were a two-way trip, I'd want to visit the distant future. I'd like to see us move towards more of a Star Trek-ish society and seeing any progression towards that would be interesting and exciting. I wouldn't want to stay though - I'd feel too out of place and given the amount of social attitude shifts that could occur, it'd fly in the face of the ambitions most of us have at present (making money, mostly).

For fun: If you had a time travel device, what time period would you be most interested in visiting?

I would love to visit the 80's again and have a little fun for a few days, and then I'd want to see something totally futuristic, like 500 years from now.

How about you?
maybe the 50's/60's, for the fun of it, but for practical reasons, the very near future.

Well, lots of scholars have always commented on the suspicious nature of how Einstein managed to publish his papers. Suspected of plagiarism, but never proved.

I could hand the papers on relativity to him and see if he takes the bait. Then come back and report, Myth confirmed!

The 50's and early 60's. I quite enjoyed my childhood. It was a simpler time. In the summer I rode my bike to the zoo many days and spent the entire day there. It was free for a long time and when it went to a dime, we just climbed the fence. The only rule we had... be home when the street lights came on. Kids showed up at a field in the forest preserve and a ball game happened. It was great.

"Nostalgia Tours" would be in high demand. I think we'd be disappointed though. Old eyes might darken the beauty our young eyes once beheld.

I have a long list of concerts I'd like to attend. Hopping forward a few years at a time also sounds good, just to see what happens next.

A Chronovisor would be great! Witness the past and future, without mucking it up - Atlantis, a blue Mars, the grassy knoll, future descendants, etc...

A Chronovisor would be great! Witness the past and future, without mucking it up - Atlantis, a blue Mars, the grassy knoll, future descendants, etc... A Chronovisor! Brilliant!

If I had a time machine, there would be numerous places I'd like to visit. The top three would be :

1. Ancient Library of Alexandria.

2. Close enough to be able to listen to the conversation(s) when Pythagoras met with Ezekiel.

3, Party with these folks after the photo below was taken ....

spacer.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of times in the past. But right now I am fixated on England in the 1870s-80s as that is the period my time travel novel is set in. So I would start there. Not so much interested in the future.