A proposed volunteer time travel experiment (discontinued)

THIS THREAD IS DELETED/DISCONTINUED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST.It has run its course,and now it may be deleted.

Hi Valeri

Or whoever you are. I couldn’t help but notice the errors in your grammar. It’s like a signature. And I did happen to notice your signature is identical to our John Titor impostor. That is kind of rare to have an identical signature as someone else. So I do suspect that you are the same poster as the one who posts as
Time Travel_0

Einstein,
I have also noticed the constant errors in Valeri’s grammar, but they look more like errors a human would make
when not speaking english as their native language, rather than poor translation (like that “time travel 0” wannabe).
Besides, it would’nt hurt to test this guy out now would it ? :slight_smile:

Valeri,
Just curious, where exactly are u from ?
And i couldn’t understand a lot about what you said in your initial post, but you are talking about astral time travel,
right ? If so, have you done it before ? Because if you did, then i have a good idea for you to test if your really time
traveling or not.

deleted personal attack.

2 Likes

bomberman

The specific error I noticed right away, which is oddly shared by both posters, is that frequently there is no space following the comma. So it actually is a punctuation error. But punctuation is an integral part of grammar. You can check for yourself and see that this error is identical to both posters. I don’t see it being possible that a translator is creating the errors. And sometimes the error isn’t there. A machine translator, if it really was making this error, would not sometimes get it right.

Alright, well i think your approach is quite… interesting.
I have heard of people traveling to the past astrally, but i’ve never heard of them materializing, could
you explain the interesting science behind that ? Because i cant help but think that it is impossible, like
anybody would.

Alright so you can travel to the future right ? Do you also claim you travel distances, like in astral travel ? If so,
i can give you my home adress, (i live in holland), and then you can meet me here.

So i should now expect you to spontaneously pop up when i give you my adress, right ?

“I just wrote a very thorough and coherent response and then somehow it all got deleted suddenly. I am very frustrated now,for I doubt I can ever write as well as I did,to explain it.”

This made me laugh so damn hard.. XD

From the Netherlands.
What is your transponder nr. ?

Alright Valeri, i will message you right away;)

And i think the transponder question was for me, if so, what the hell is a transponder nr ?XD

i like the idea and i’d like to experience it.
so valeri, i could also give you my adress so you could “spontaneously pop up”.
what do you think?

Sorry the question is for "Valeri"not for “bomberman”.

Why do you all believe in story’s that have tons of riddles. Time travel is a very easy to explain if you have done it.

Example. Lets say you transport back to 1901 and some person disbelieved your story, after you told him, you are from the future. No lets say that “time travel” is the same as boarding and flying with a plane. Now…how do you explain someone that has never seen a plane, how you came to 1901. Simple. Maybe he would not understand it. But gets the principals. Boarding, take off, engine, landing… Everything i read here is filled with nonsense or just plain wrong.

Example what i read:* I drove a bicycle to my work. When i took place on my chain and sounded my pedal i was surrounded by air and noises i never heard before in my live. My bicycle was powered with a unknown source. Invisible to the eye. I could increase the power with my body as i went home. My seat was an uncomfortable piece of soft material with unknown signs on it. And so on.*

Its wrong. Has some pieces that hits the jackpot. But mostly BS and secondhand tails that have a lot of noise with it.
I you want to explain someone how you handled a bicycle you know your facts. Especially when you done it more then once. Nothing mystic or strange. You would understand and believed the person.

1 Like

This topic called my attention.

So, basically you’re suggesting to transfer your consciousness “into another you” in a parallel universe using an astral projection?.

How fun! But why try to prove it? For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.

First you make a plea for open-mindedness in choosing your experimental group and then you add specific New Age, touchie-feelie qualifiers to the group, which definitely implies anything but open-mindedness. It’s a closed minded approach.

The results that you would obtain from this experiment are pre-ordained - you’ll get what you are looking for. It may or may not reflect reality but you’ll be satisfied with the results.

Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger. That’s precisely the qualifiers that that Duke University’s Rhine Institute used when choosing likely student candidates for admission to it’s ESP research program, and precisely why they got what they were looking for - signs of ESP. Afterwards independent researchers analyzed their data and discovered researcher bias up the yang. Unsurprisingly, Duke University shut down the program.

The Appeal to Open Mind tactic usually ends up being a logical fallacy.

You can try with me. I’ll be your open minded person. Who knows right?

I’ll be your first victim. :open_mouth:

No, it’s not going off on a tangent at all. It’s is precisely the point I was making.

You want open minds. You now claim that there are no real “qualifiers”. But you are the experimenter and you are biased. Look at what you’ve written in just this one quoted paragraph. “inherent connection to essence”, “atoms are not pieces of matter with no consciousness”. The mind that wrote that is slammed shut on the subject.

1 Like

Valeri,

I think you should take heed of what Darby is pointing out. He has quite an academic background in “design of experiments” and that deals with, among other things, ferreting out any and all forms of bias in the experimental design itself.

RMT

i want to be volunteer if it is true…

In stating “if it is true” do you mean if it is true the he wants to run a serious experiment, or “if it is true” [his stated ideas about time travel, parallel worlds, etc.]? (Brackets used for brevity - I didn’t want to re-state his entire initial post :slight_smile: )

1 Like