Boot, you lost me???
Janus,
<<Cat, are you a Gnostic? They also had ideas about the relationship between geometry and religion.>>
Well if you know your history, it basically prooves it!
<<In any case, I don’t think you’re thinking logically. You may think I look cocky, but I think it’s because YOU think you know it all already, and I’m just a little pest interfering with your appreciation of the Grand Scheme of Things.>>
No actually on the contrary I LIKE IT! I dont claim to know all the answers either, but I certainly keep an open mind without stubborness and just don’t have a one sided view. Besides my father is very much like you, ALWAYS DEBATING!!! and trying to claim things arent as they seem and don’t mean anything! He raised me to be religious but I often feel he has an athiest view.
<<But it takes only sparing application of the scientific method to pare away large portions of your ‘evidence’ (although I must admit your data seem to be rather randomly distributed).>>
It can only be explained randomly in order to be understood largly!
<<1) the pythagorean theorem is basic math. Of course it appears everywhere, because triangles are everywhere! Sure, Pythagoras, who mentioned it (although some cultures knew of it before him) also had (quite wacky) spiritual beliefs, but that doesn’t mean that it’s some mystical force. No, it’s just an equation they teach you in grade school. Next you’ll be telling me that there’s
a spiritual journey in the reaction Acid + Base => Salt + Water.>>
This is true about Pythagoras! triangles are a given fact in NATURES MEASURMENT SYSTEM as everything in nature is FRACTAL!!! including the human body! Do you want me to put forth evidance on that too???
<<2) I think that generation of the Phoenician script from some grid pattern is laughable. I mean, I could produce all sorts of grids that would contain many different symbols like that.>>
Well first of all I don’t think your grid could contain thousands of years of history.
<<And the guy doesn’t even follow the lines properly - look at aleph, dalet, and samach for example.>>
Well it looks pretty close to me in relationship. Although they do appear to be distorted differently with alittle variations. As per the historians that study language, I think they have a better eye than us in recognising and distinquising and deciphering familiar patterns.
CAT…