Re: Hello…Past. I'm the Future.
Hi Sirs.Wanted to give you a hint into whatz up elsewhere.This is strictly a personal Idea.I will First of all post the ‘review’ and sunsequently post the response.What do you think?
This was from MASURAO
POST
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Though I feel that there are some huge fallacies in origen2g’s train of thought, I am not certain I can express them properly, but I will try to, nonetheless.
First of all, you must acknowledge that, to human science (and perhaps simply to existence as well), location and motion cannot be accurately defined without time. Length can be measured in metres or yards, but motion is immediately a movement of said value per second (or minute, etc.) or how long it takes to traverse a certain distance. Concepts of ‘here’ and ‘there’ have no meaning if you cannot qualify them through a certain distance which they are removed from each other.
Einstein did say that we need time ‘just to keep everything from happening at once’, but we can also put that we need it to keep everything from happening everywhere. Without time ‘here’ would be ‘there’ and vice versa, as well as that ‘everywhere’ would be ‘here’. Simply put: we need time to qualify and quantify motion and location. You say that it is the other way around: a change in location means a passing of time to our senses, but this is not necessarily so: there is no law in physics that prohibits travelling a distance without the passage of time (i.e. teleportation), does this mean it happens naturally? No, or at least, not that we have observed, but it is possible and perhaps we will one day achieve it through artificial means.
In your thoughts, time is non-existent, there is only motion through a field of energy. But this concept is severely lacking, because if something is motionless, or cannot actively perceive such motion, your claim leads me to believe that object is effectively and entirely static: it doesn’t change at all, simply because it has no identifiable motion. A human on the outside of your hypothetical sphere, for instance, would not perceive a change in his surroundings and thus would perceive no passing of time.
You also put that what we call time is simply the ‘refreshing’ of our ‘perception’ at certain ‘intervals’. Sounds like a fancy way of describing how time is perceived by humans. It does not allow for the discarding of time, simply because you use the term ‘interval’, which in itself cannot exist without time, as it is used to measure the time passed between to moment. It can also be used to determine a distance that has been traveled, but, again, not without including the factor time.
I am also curious how you visualize clocks to change their way of measuring/telling time in accordance to a change in Nature. By all means manmade clocks are built entirely around our perception and are not affected by Nature other than through simply physics or chemistry, etc. Our biological clocks, should you have meant to refer to those, are also hard-wired genetically to a set time frame, even though they may change through habit and evolution, but certainly not to accommodate some hiccup in Nature.
Please accept this as constructive critiscism. I do not mean to slander you or your thoughts, as I find them to be very interesting. However, part of me just felt that something wasn’t right and had to express it.