For starters, are people aware this entire conspiracy BS was kicked-off by Alex Jones? I am going to say, up front, so anyone that might be offended can avoid reading any further… If someone can believe “anything” that comes from the proven ignorance of Alex Jones, then should that person’s intelligence to be in question also? If some find that offensive, the truth can be offensive.
If anyone is left (and I know there are intelligent people here, I’ve seen their posts):
This is a TRAINING exercise under the U.S. Army Special Operations Command (SOC). There are supposed to be (about) 1200 Special Op personnel including, Green Berets, some Navy SEALS, and Air Force AFSOC in the Texas operation. Now, I was Navy so maybe I have a little bias toward the SEALS being the best but, even if it were 1200 SEALS, they aren’t going to take over Texas. Someone would have to be at the top of the gullible dupe chain and be someone who BELIEVES all of the BS Hollywood puts out in movies about Martial Law, to actually think 1200 SEALS, or 1200 anything, could take over Texas with, approx. 1.6 million veterans and 18.6 million citizens 18 and over and one of the strongest, “Don’t f— with me” attitudes in the country and a whole-lot-a guns and the know-how to use them. DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS isn’t just a road sign.
Now that’s just Texas. If the citizens of the rest of the US saw this conspiracy theory actually become a real event, there would be more angry “armed” citizens,(this would include the intelligent liberals) than even OUR military could hope to subdue.
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” Second Amendment to the Constitution of The United States
This is in the Constitution for exactly the reason the conspiracy theorists fear and is exactly why the above conspiracy theory has no f-n chance of succeeding. If you do want to fear something… fear the attempts by the left wing liberals that want to take your guns away. They are too blind to see, they are walking right into the scenario, where the Government could take away all the rights of the citizens… even theirs.
Then, there is also the fact that the President has no authority to call for “preemptive” martial law. The Supreme Court, I believe, would stop any attempt at that. Congress would also have some say in this and, need I mention the Governors of the states involved.
ex parte milligan, 71 U.S. (4 Wall.) 2, 18 L. Ed. 281 (1866). Milligan firmly established the right of the U.S. Supreme Court to review the propriety of martial law declarations.
Again, if Alex Jones has any credibility with anyone, after all the conspiracy theories he has been behind that did not develop, they have to be the elite among the ignorant. If you are offended by the word ignorant, imagine how offended the others are that have to hear the ignorance of people like Jones and his followers. Look up the definition of ignorance before you attack me. It’s not the same as being called stupid. A person can avoid ignorance simply by learning and understanding. I know, the first reaction will be to tell me I am the ignorant one because I can’t see what the government is trying to do. I assure you, I do see what the government is trying to do and while I will never encourage insurrection, I will encourage people to vote to remove those that are not an advocate of the people, and the government will only take away my gun when (cliche to follow) they pry it from my cold dead fingers.