I made the following posts on the “I am from 2036” thread here on TTI
Why did Pamela think that he might be Titor?
I got some of it correct about Titor. It was a miss on the parents’ education and his possibly dropping out of college his senior year (Frankly, I threw that out to get a response from him because he only gave in answering posts either nonsense rhetoric, his own thoughts that had nothing to do with the post or answered a question with a question of his own. Gettting someone angry has its perks when you want information.). I also got it wrong about his school. But…
Karl is the correct age. He received his PhD from UC Davis. He also attended university in Florida and Louisiana (Tulane, where Frank Tipler is a professor). He was also an instructor at UC Davis while doing his PhD. Relative to Boomer (the author of the Titor/TTO posts) I later said a lot of his rhetoric was not liberal but a Libertarian. Karl and his entire family are *very *active in the Libertarian Party at both the local and national level. Active as in running for state and federal offices and being active in the state and national party HQ’s. Relative to Karl I got it wrong about physical science. His major was squarely involved with particle physics (but I still assume that I got it right relative to Boomer - his knowledge of physics was nothing more than Internet and pop-sci). Relative to Karl, his CV clearly indicates that he did not hold a steady job very long but he did hold jobs that required a very talented, highly educated and intelligent person. You can see from his political posts that he wears his politics on his sleeve and that could be a cause for a grating personality on co-workers. Ultimately he became self-employed. And Tulane University, home of Frank Tipler - that really got her going. Titor talked about the “obscure” Professor Tipler. OMG!
Pamela was angry over the above posts. Fit to be tied might be a better description. However she didn’t forget the profile. So, how did she conclude that Karl might be Titor? The above posts. She got to know Karl and discovered that a lot of the profile fit him to a T. She was wrong, of course but she did make several posts about her opinion. I apologized to Karl and she hid behind the apology, publicly blamed me for the whole idea, never took any credit for herself as the person who initiated and orchestrated the entire episode, and remained a loyal friend to him. Go figure.
So Karl was just someone that Pam believed was John Titor.
One need look no further than the copyright holder of the John Titor name. Always follow the money.
In this case that’s not quite so simple. The copyright holder is the John Titor Foundation, LLC, Florida, filed in 2003. The John Titor Foundation lists no actual pratners. Larry Haber is listed as the general manager and attorney for the LLC. It doesn’t list him as a partner, however. We presume that he is a partner, along with other family members, but there is no actual solid evidence to support the presumption.