Mass and time proposed as interconnected quantities

Are mass and time the same thing? More mass makes a force accelerate an object slower, as you know. Maybe time is a function of mass?

Now for your FREE GIFT.
What is this Donnie Darko movie i keep reading about? Is it worth my time?

Pardon my corny humor.

If we do some simple math, we see that mass & time are related in a relativistic way:

EDIT: useless

Correction: Both “v” and “c” are metrics on spacetime, not merely time. Hence, I would adjust your statement to say that “mass and spacetime are related in a relativistic way.”

It is what I call Massive Space-Time )
RMT

Whatever. :face_with_tongue:

Why does the site have no content?

Because being mortal as I am, (and I yam what I yam!), I only have so much TIME to get things done. And unfortunately, that is not at the top of my list just yet. Once one of my two paying jobs lets-up… then it shall come to pass. )

RMT

BTW… are you wearing the latest fashions in sheep’s clothing these days?
RMT

No but i have a mammoth wardrobe.

I just watched Donnie Darko. It was sad.

I tell you what is sad; The philadelphia experiment.

I can never regain those 90 minutes

Mind you, it was still better than the ‘butterfly effect’…dreadful…

I don’t watch movies for the “physics” because there aren’t any. They’re only as good as the drama the time travel allows. Either they use contemporary “celebrity science”, classical but non-working (as applied) science, or yet-to-be-discovered science that is nonsensical in the present day. So trying to make sense of the science in a time travel movie is pointless.

Yes, i for one, was indeed reffering to the drama. What is any science, without the drama of the human minds involved!!

Even dreadful movies serve the purpose of teaching us what we don’t like.

Ah, this is true! Though there is always a distinction between; what we like, what we dont like, and the “Truth” as it were.

I suppose it depends on who the investers or funders were.

How many people seek truth in movies? Most do it because of boredom. Entertainment is the goal. If i tell a lie that amuses you, will you care that it’s not true? If i tell you a truth that doesn’t interest you, is your boredom diminished? Moves are movies.

Certainly not from those two, thats for sure

On a serious side-note though;

All the best lies are amusing, That way - they don’t seem very serious. The devil would be a Jester, if he had any common sense. He could contain a few ‘personal’ pointers for the king in during of his acts.

Movies (or rather ‘Film’) is art. All art is subliminal, it hits the deeper layers of the human psyche. “Suspended disbelief” is another term for a hidden trance state just as the brain leaves the Beta range…

So i would say that films are more than the sum of their parts. It would be very correct to say that key titles recieve Tens of millions (occasionally hundreds of millions) of dollars of funding for personal interests from outside parties. What better a medium to generate thoughts within the viewer, that upon stepping out of that ‘state’, will percieve as their own deduction.

Hint: Time travel is one such subject that has recieved the ‘treatment’.

Not all ‘private’ funders have bad intentions though. Quite the opposite in many regards. The King and the Beggar both have deep pockets.

I won’t go, i won’t sleep, i can’t breathe until you’re resting here with me.

it`s sound like the Wingmakers…

if you translate this in images, you got this:

No it’s your wingmakers image caption.

If time is a function of mass then maybe the center of gravity is also a center of time. What would that mean?