Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been interested in time travel for decades and the old John Titor posts finally got me to check out the site.
What’s the consensus about Titor now? Does it lean toward real or toward hoax?
Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been interested in time travel for decades and the old John Titor posts finally got me to check out the site.
What’s the consensus about Titor now? Does it lean toward real or toward hoax?
& Welcome jimbo
Funny, You should come now to ask this, as you may, or… may not know!?
There is Gentleman who claims to be Him now, Time_travel
I do not wish to steer your judgement, Peek at some of the things He has posted & maybe you can begin to decide for yourself… which way you go in it or who may be a real or fake time travelers, if any, many have claimed to be “him” & back again.
That should be for you to decide.![]()
Also alot of interest going on, in building a working time machine going on right now. How time may work, physics, It’s calculations, the multi/universe… or, if it can be done at all, according to known physics.
Many other interesting things here to see.
I wish you well & to anyone else who came before & who come after you.
Eitherway, I hope you enjoy your “time” eh, eh?
here… “small joke”, you are new to posting & new to me, plus… I am trying very hard to behave lately.
Most of all, & if anything, I hope you are at least entertained… by it all. Welcome again, have fun & dig in! ~QS
Thanks for the welcome and the info.
as far as time machines themselves, over the years I’ve been leaning more toward an “out of body” approach to time travel, where one’s consciousness is what would travel moreso than one’s body.
it’s such a fascinating topic.
Astrally projecting ones self… the subject is something I am very personally aware of, have been intimately involved in.
Indeed jimbo, indeed. it. is!
@jimbo - Welcome to TTI!
I am a moderator here and hopefully a future time traveler. Do you believe in time travel to the past? And have you ever desired to change history?
I believe that time travel to the past is possible but dont believe in time paradoxes. I think that the past is already set and that any time travel back would be part of one’s singular timeline. Things like preventing a death or birth would be impossible.
@jimbo - I kind of get where you’re coming from. So, you believe that preventing a birth or death would not be possible in the timeline the time traveler came from, and thus doing so would branch off into a new timeline, right?
I believe in the Novikov principle that there is a singular timeline unchanging. Anything I would do there would be part of history. The timeline itself would prevent me from changing the future. So if I were to try to destroy my grandfather then something would happen to prevent it. I wouldn’t be changing the timeline but would be playing a part in it.
i dont believe there would be a parallel universe created
I actually believe the past can be changed and is not fixed. And from the numerous books I’ve read and videos I’ve watched, I think that there are absolutely multiple timelines. And I know the Nazis probably experimented with time travel (from watching Ancient Aliens), so I believe that in modern times, time travel and changing the past have furtively been experimented on since the 1950s, if not earlier.
And I can go on and on. But we can agree to disagree, can’t we?
Of course.
Part of what makes time travel theory so great is the different perspectives to be able to learn from.
From what ive seen, there are some pretty adamant believers here…
Im in between on the whole backward travel idea. It shouldn’t be possible, yet there are strange connections with Causality that seem to indicate it is possible. I still believe it is far far far in the future of technology before it can be accomplished and probably not by any biological entity.
I get a ton of flack on here for it but thats what i believe based on what i do know.
I am an advocate to go ahead with forward time displacement because i believe the technology we need to actually do it not only exists right now, but has been around for quite some time.
My personal motto remains: “SOMETIMES YOU MUST MOVE FORWARD TO GO BACK”
that reminds me of the bell thing… had a german name, I dare not spell, let alone try to say. ![]()
I avoid that channel “history” like it had the plaque, I have caught them too many times starting out completely netural in the shows they present, with topics I knew very, very well, the twisting starts innocuously enough, & can be credited to minor errors, just accidents even, but eventually it turns into something else, I start sensing a pattarn on what is actually being said over & over again… until I was unsure, I was still watching the show
Welcome.
Both claims carry a burden of proof, and neither has definitive evidence. Titor never asked for money, and his narrative combined rare technical knowledge, obscure computing insight, sociological foresight, and consistent internal logic. The level of sophistication and cohesion in his story is extraordinary and has not been replicated since. It is similar to the Great Pyramids, which were built so precisely and durably that they have stood for over five thousand years without the need for major maintenance. No other structures of comparable size or ambition have been able to achieve that kind of enduring stability. In other words, if the Egyptians built the great pyramids, why didn’t they build anything that big and durable, requiring no maintenance since then? In the same way, the Titor narrative represents a singular achievement of knowledge and imagination, unmatched before or since.In other words, if John was a hoax, why didn’t he use the skills required to pull off the most complex and compelling time traveling story online to make a fortune. Given the uniqueness and coherence of the story, the evidence, though circumstantial, strongly favors the conclusion that John Titor was genuine rather than a deliberate hoax. In my humble opinion.