Triangle lights over South Santiago, Chile

December 18, 2012, South Santiago Chile. At 2120 a triangle pattern of lights was caught in the sky, said to be a “UFO”. But I’ve seen more than my share of the X-files for my generation, and haven’t yet undermined the possibility that this could be military technology. Your thoughts on the matter, Go!

Link to video:

1 Like

Some kind of “V” formation flying.
Assuming that UFO means unidentified flying object…yeah, this is a UFO.
Just because it’s very dark and you can not recognize the “fighter plane”.

“There are more military airplanes in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Little green men doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Anyway, I watched all seasons of X-files. Really very good, Fringe is also good. :wink:

True, it is unidentified, but that is what we are here to do: Identify. I’ve never really seen fighters fly that close enough at that velocity to assume that it was. Then again, I haven’t seen any aliens either.

Why the flashing sequencing lights? That can only be there for a number of reasons: 1. to attract attention, or 2: test whether it’s cloaking was working or 3. used as some sort of timing signal to synchronise a distant viewing apparatus.
I doubt it is sending Morse Code.
I am sure it’s there for a reason whatever.
Dave

Anybody consider the possibility that someone pranked everyone by using a holographic projection?

Check out this link on holographic projection:

3D Holographic Projection - The Future of Advertising? - Computer Industry News

What you refer to as being flashing sequencing lights is commom in any aircraft.
Navigation lights, strobe lights, beacon lights (I don’t know the corrects terms in english…).
About the speed, you said “I’ve never really seen fighters fly that close enough at that velocity to assume that it was”…

Well then you’d be surprised what the Sukhoi aircraft family can do about speed and maneuvers.
Military or not (yeah, it’s military) is just an ordinary plane for me.

I Know what you mean, but those lights don’t look like that. They look like some crazy disco light show in the sky!

There is a possibility, but it is unlikely that anyone would pull that elaborate of a hoax in a city in Chile. If any place to pull it, I would try Tokyo or New York. It just doesn’t seem logical, but there may be reasons.