CERN: Inside the Large Hadron Collider Pics

ALICE: A Large Ion Collider Experiment

Quoted:
"ALICE, is the acronym for A Large Ion Collider Experiment, one of the largest experiments in the world devoted to research in the physics of matter at an infinitely small scale. Hosted at CERN , the European Laboratory for Nuclear Research, this project involves an international collaboration of more than 1000 physicists, engineers and technicians from 30 countries. Together they are contributing to the resolution of one of the latest challenges in fundamental physics: recounting the birth of matter. "

end quoted

From Public Alice Web Page
http://aliceinfo.cern.ch/Public/

Hint: Second Eastern Egg of Titor Posts: "Pamela"
experiment

First was: Secret code of IBM Machine 5100
--
Regards
U.S. scientists unveil NASA’s secrets about cities on the Moon and microbes on Mars

Re: ALICE: A Large Ion Collider Experiment

Blast from the past:

Quoted:
"February, 2008
Key Concepts

* The Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the biggest and most complicated particle physics experiment ever seen, is nearing completion and is scheduled to start operating this year.

* The LHC will accelerate bunches of protons to the highest energies ever generated by a machine, colliding them head-on 30 million times a second, with each collision spewing out thousands of particles at nearly the speed of light.

* Physicists expect the LHC to bring about a new era of particle physics in which major conundrums about the composition of matter and energy in the universe will be resolved.

end quoted

Alice

--
Best Regards
CRASH TIME! DOW FUTURES OFF -522.00 -4.31%
Link to Glp

ps.
RV DATA:
Are you taking out cash just incase?
/ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif
:oops:

PAMELA (a Payload for Antimatter Matter Exploration and Light-nuclei Astrophysics) is a satellite-borne experiment devoted to measure charged cosmic rays spectra with a particular focus on antiparticle studies.
PAMELA was launched on June $15^{th}$ 2006 in a pressurized container on board the Russian Resurs-DK1 satellite. [...]

There is an experiment at Cern named "Pamela"! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL

That was a year and a half ago and no scheduled meetings yet???

I don't get it what does the "Pamela experiment" have to do with anything? It has nothing to do with me. Its just what they called it. What does it have to do with John??

It has nothing to do with me. Its just what they called it.

Right, but

ts just what they called it. What does it have to do with John??

Is related to what they have or not discoveried and recoveried ...

--
Best Regards
Recession? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Check it out. I wrote CERN about the Pamela Project and they sent this web site to me.
I like those guys they really have a sense of humor when you write to them. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

also they are still claiming the do not expect to find anything involving time traveling with their
LHC. lol

Pamela Mission

Check it out. I wrote CERN about the Pamela Project and they sent this web site to me.
I like those guys they really have a sense of humor when you write to them.

also they are still claiming the do not expect to find anything involving time traveling with their
LHC. lol

Yes, but Time Travel is a side efect of Antigravity in the Unified Field Theory...@ 2011

--
Best Regards
Gold at 920 /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

PAMELA is a satellite-borne experiment devoted to measure charged cosmic rays spectra with a particular focus on antiparticle studies.

I do apologize for that, Bransonian is still afoot.

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAMELA is a satellite-borne experiment devoted to measure charged cosmic rays spectra with a particular focus on antiparticle studies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do apologize for that, Bransonian is still afoot.

Uh...I don't get it. What are you apologizing for??

>>>I like those guys they really have a sense of humor when you write to them.<<<

Don't those guys need permission from their mother?
Are 'head' jokes allowed?

Perhaps it is all searching for some big cosmic brain then in the end.
/ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poster: recall15
Subject: Re: ALICE: A Large Ion Collider Experiment

Quoted:
"ALICE, is the acronym for A Large Ion Collider Experiment, one of the largest experiments in the world devoted to research in the physics of matter at an infinitely small scale. Hosted at CERN , the European Laboratory for Nuclear Research, this project involves an international collaboration of more than 1000 physicists, engineers and technicians from 30 countries. Together they are contributing to the resolution of one of the latest challenges in fundamental physics: recounting the birth of matter. "

end quoted

From Public Alice Web Page
http://aliceinfo.cern.ch/Public/

Hint: Second Eastern Egg of Titor Posts: "Pamela"
experiment

First was: Secret code of IBM Machine 5100
--
Regards
U.S. scientists unveil NASA’s secrets about cities on the Moon and microbes on Mars

AYE...

"secret code of the IBM 5100"... yup there is. Instruction sets never seen before.. but who cares????? Still rambling on about the 5100 machine eh? ... only a handful few of those originals have the "secret code". /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

give you a hint:
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?tp=&arnumber=801531&isnumber=17389

"secret code of the IBM 5100"... yup there is. Instruction sets never seen before.. but who cares????? Still rambling on about the 5100 machine eh? ... only a handful few of those originals have the "secret code".

And what is even MORE amazing is that this handful who allegedly have this "secret code" can't seem to figure out a way to become staggeringly wealthy with it. Probably because all they can do is throw-out vague hints (which is usually an indication that they don't know any more than the rest of us, and are in speculation-mode).

Oh, and BTW, if your "hint" is about Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), I know plenty about them and their requirements and applications. If you are "hinting" that the IBM 5100 had "hooks" in it to support a real-time OS kernel, that would not be terribly amazing, nor terribly profitable in this day and age.

RMT

Yeap..

and I wonder why.

I dont know if the instruct sets have any kernal whatever its called programming. All I know is what I was told by a trusted engineer. Something unique.. was told that the original processor board didnt necessarily need the additional prom chip. hmmm...

profits? All I can speculate is I dont think of any profit making but if they found a way to use sets like those in applications.. yea it would be nice, but i doubt it.

and now:

Quoted:

Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks'
By Roger Highfield, Science Editor

-snip-

Physicists around the world are excitedly awaiting the start up of the £4.65 billion Large Hadron Collider, LHC - the most powerful atom-smasher ever built - which is supposed to shed new light on the particles and forces at work in the cosmos and reproduce conditions that date to near the Big Bang of creation.

Prof Irina Aref'eva and Dr Igor Volovich, mathematical physicists at the Steklov Mathematical Institute in Moscow believe that the vast experiment at CERN, the European particle physics centre near Geneva in Switzerland, may turn out to be the world's first time machine, reports New Scientist.

The debut in early summer could provide a landmark because travelling into the past is only possible - if it is possible at all - as far back as the point of creation of the first time machine.

That means 2008 could become "Year Zero" for temporal travel, they argue.
"
end quoted

More here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/earth/2008/02/06/scitime106.xml

-Past and copy
--
Best Regards /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

-P.S: Typo Corrected

Perhaps it is all searching for some big cosmic brain then in the end.

Then:

Quoted:
"Two Russian scientists claim a device created to investigate the origins of the universe could become the world's first ever time machine. Scientists say the vast atom-smashing machine at the European Particle Physics Centre near Geneva could create a time tunnel. "

Link to Youtube

--
Best Regards :D