"The future ain't what it used to be."

In freezing weather, brother and sister stopped 6 times a day to charge a rented Tesla

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
Timekeeper
Xaviar and Alice Steavenson rented a Tesla from Hertz for a road trip to Wichita, Kansas. They knew the car would need charging en route, but what they didn’t expect was how often they’d need to plug it in. Xaviar: “We ended up having to stop every one to one and a half hours to charge for an hour, then two hours”.

We drove from Portland, OR all the way to northern Arkansas and stopped just a couple times per day driving a Hyundai SUV across a three day journey. I have nothing against Tesla, I think they’ve got a lot of potential for different kinds of use… But with that comes potential for those who control the power grid to further control your movement. There’s a reason electric is being pushed so hard right now, and when I see stories like this it makes me wonder why.

I have yet to see a Tesla in the Ozarks.

We have them here in Northern Europe. A lot of them and a lot of other fully electric vehicles, too. People who live up in the Arctic Circle drive them. I don't know what their daily experience is because I live in the southern part of the country - at the 60th parallel, so pretty far north in any case.

Back