Notice to next TT hoaxers - things have changed!

RainmanTime

Super Moderator
It used to be that these forums would allow users to go back and edit their posts for a long time after posting them. It lead to an awful lot of attempted shenanigans by many of our OETWO TT game players, among some other past members. The name Churchhead comes to mind as the most recent...

Raul has changed the forums such that now you only have ONE HOUR after your initial post to go back and modify it. After that, the post gets locked from editing.

That should clean a lot of things up here...as well as make it harder for TT hoaxers to rewrite their own posting histories.

We're just about due for our next OETWO anyway...

RMT

Not bad at all, RMT.

But I have used the Edit feature to add additional information that is relevant to a post, that may take days, weeks or even months to accumulate. My question is, can I reply to my post and continue it after the said hour has expired even if no one has commented? Thank you for your time and efforts.

My question is, can I reply to my post and continue it after the said hour has expired even if no one has commented? Thank you for your time and efforts.

Most certainly you can. There is no restriction on making new posts in reply to one you have made before. The only restriction is on any one post you make. One hour is all you get. But you are free to post reply after reply to add more information to the overall thread.

RMT

Ray & Raul,

Thanks. As we know, for the honest Members of the forum not being able to edit a post for typos or to make minor changes for clarification is a pain in the butt sometimes. However we've had less than honest people come on from time to time who purposely disrupt the forum by deleting all of their posts. In two cases it wasn't just a dozen posts but over 100.

As I've related before, even Pamela deleted posts way after the fact and once (quite by accident due to a glitch in UBB) deleted the initial post resulting in the complete loss of the entire thread.

Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church.

Can time-travellers grow beards?

Making sure that humans understand the clause in their contracts.

This will be good because most changes are within the first hour anyways to check for wordings or something forgotten. We can now see the initial post without it being deleted. I think this will be great for the forum.

That should clean a lot of things up here...as well as make it harder for TT hoaxers to rewrite their own posting histories.

One has to wonder why any planet would go to all the bother of sending their 'supreme church leader' here to visit us ungrateful ignoramuses........only for supreme leader to delete all his posts at the merest hint of questioning.

That strikes me as being more the reaction of a kid throwing a temper tantrum.....than the actions of some highly advanced beings.