Star Trek

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
Timekeeper
Cosmo submitted a new database entry: Star Trek

The future begins.

On the day of James Kirk's birth, his father dies on his ship in a last stand against a mysterious alien time-traveling vessel looking for Ambassador Spock, who, in this time, is also a child on Vulcan disdained by his neighbors for his half-human heritage. Twenty-five years later, Kirk has grown into a young troublemaker. Challenged by Captain Christopher Pike to realize his potential in Starfleet, he comes to annoy instructors like young Commander Spock. Suddenly, there is an emergency at Vulcan and the newly commissioned USS Enterprise is crewed with promising cadets like Nyota Uhura, Hikaru Sulu, Pavel Chekov and even Kirk himself, thanks to Leonard McCoy's medical trickery. Together, this crew will have an adventure in the final frontier where the old legend is altered forever as a new version of it begins.

Read more about this entry here...

This is a good movie and reimagining of the Star Trek Franchise. In other words those who are die hard fans like myself, be forewarned this doesn't follow the canon we know at 100%. Keep in mind according to those who put out the film its like an alternate universe type Star Trek where our canon didn't happen. As for the movie itself, very well done. The late Leonard Nimoy was amazing in this film as the older Spock going back to try to put things on track in the past. His performance is quite captivating and helps put the first film in this new chapter of the franchise on the map.

It is great that Nimoy enjoyed his character on Star Trek. He did not try and leave it behind like others do. He embraced it and continued in it. Overall I thought the movie had some nice action and visual effects, but my husband is a bigger fan then I was upset with the change in the original plot line. He complained often about it. However, it doesn't stop him from watching it when it on television. I did not see how it was an alternate universe, but with your post, I can see it.