"The future ain't what it used to be."

An Occurence

JDT,

It would seem this thread should be moved over to the TT Claims forum from all the babbling on you have given us. Please acknowledge this. If you do not acknowledge, or come back with more babble, I will just move it over there anyway.

RMT

This is no claim, and it seems you have already set in your mind that you will move it either way. It doesn't make sense to me that you'd post up an illusory offer when there is no such offer to begin with. Do as you've already decided, Raymond.

It doesn't make sense? Well let me help you out. This forum is called "Time Travel Discussion" and the other forum is called "Time Travel Claims". Your OP did not decidedly mention anything about time travel, had no discernible point beyond some statements about a malfunctioning watch, and a fire event that appears unconnected to anything else with a vague date that you could be implying is in the 21st century or, because you did not use leading "19" or "20" digits, could be in the 20th century.

Now, with your latest post you are claiming John of Patmos was your grandfather. This APPEARS to be toying with a TT claim, which is what vodkafan was getting at. So what I am waiting for you to do is either talk about something related to time travel, or make your TT claim, one or the other. But so far this thread is not really fitting into either of these forums, and trying to straddle both.

So I am asking you again to figure out what you want to talk about. If it is something about time travel, but you are NOT claiming to be a traveler, could you possibly expound on your vagaries from your OP and relate it to time travel?

Thanks,
RMT

It doesn't make sense? Well let me help you out. This forum is called "Time Travel Discussion" and the other forum is called "Time Travel Claims". Your OP did not decidedly mention anything about time travel, had no discernible point beyond some statements about a malfunctioning watch, and a fire event that appears unconnected to anything else with a vague date that you could be implying is in the 21st century or, because you did not use leading "19" or "20" digits, could be in the 20th century.

Now, with your latest post you are claiming John of Patmos was your grandfather. This APPEARS to be toying with a TT claim, which is what vodkafan was getting at. So what I am waiting for you to do is either talk about something related to time travel, or make your TT claim, one or the other. But so far this thread is not really fitting into either of these forums, and trying to straddle both.

So I am asking you again to figure out what you want to talk about. If it is something about time travel, but you are NOT claiming to be a traveler, could you possibly expound on your vagaries from your OP and relate it to time travel?

Thanks,
RMT

This is the way I figure it. How can you be dumber than dumb? Just born yesterday is the usual response. Yet our poster would likely have us believe he is dumber than dumber. Which would make him born tomorrow. And that would tend to corroborate the zero credibility has has earned so far.

This is the way I figure it. How can you be dumber than dumb? Just born yesterday is the usual response. Yet our poster would likely have us believe he is dumber than dumber. Which would make him born tomorrow. And that would tend to corroborate the zero credibility has has earned so far.

I am very dumb, you are right.

Apparently "we" are stuck in the 19th Century and have never heard of quantum mechanics.
I do not have a formal grasp of quantum mechanics yet, I am still a student. I just perceive things in a certain way, and understand very little.

I had a huge post from JDT come through on my phone for this thread at 7:45 am today (UK time) but it's not here. Has he deleted it?

Please educate me further.

I've already done so in my last post. Light is not "continuous". It is delivered in discrete packets called quanta (thus the name quantum mechanics). You might also know the quanta as photons. The wave theory of light is a Classical idea.

I just perceive things in a certain way, and understand very little.

Yup. The first lesson that you need to learn about physics (and science in general) is that it is not subject to a democracy, feelings, notions or vague ideas. That laws of physics, discovered or not, are what they are and won't change because someone doesn't like them, agree with them or has other ideas about them.

Why I bothered to reply is a mystery to me. Your having completely deleted your OP post has transformed the entire thread into utter nonsense (not that the original post made any sense) and a waste of time. MOP has made it clear that it's OK to delete posts but I don't believe that it is his intention to allow trolls to destroy entire threads.

JDT is no longer a member here at Time Travel Institute.

Don't think he deleted the OP, it looks like he edited that one and deleted numerous posts through-out the thread.

IF someone posts material with malice or malicious intent, then yeah, I could understand deleting those kind of posts.
IF posts are an integral part of the flow of a thread, and are not malicious, those type of posts shouldn't be deleted.

I could restore the posts JDT deleted, but Mop was fairly clear with what he wrote :

" Trolling it may be, but the function exists, and that function is available to users. If users choose to depart, we will delete their accounts. And, if as part of that departure they wish to have their posts deleted, we will delete those posts. And, RMT, we will *not* restore those posts after the fact. "

In real life, once something has been said/uttered then it cannot be taken back (or "deleted"). It's a shame that rule has been enforced, but like you say, Mop has been made his thoughts on the matter very clear.

In real life, once something has been said/uttered then it cannot be taken back (or "deleted"). It's a shame that rule has been enforced, but like you say, Mop has been made his thoughts on the matter very clear.

I always thought the edit function was for correcting grammatical errors. However onetime I posted a link to a video on YouTube that showed a nosy cat getting decapitated for messing around on a car with theft protection. Apparently Pamela was very offended by that video. So I edited that video out of my post. I like cats myself. But I was just trying to demonstrate how curiosity killed the cat.

I always thought the edit function was for correcting grammatical errors. However onetime I posted a link to a video on YouTube that showed a nosy cat getting decapitated for messing around on a car with theft protection. Apparently Pamela was very offended by that video. So I edited that video out of my post. I like cats myself. But I was just trying to demonstrate how curiosity killed the cat.

Pamela was obviously not "feline" your line of thought.

Back