"The future ain't what it used to be."

John Titor Book on amazon

You are a pretentious fellow.
Did I mention my gender at some point?
I do not feel any need to present to you any "facts" to support my statements.
that seems to be par for the course for some on this forum
I see no supporting "facts".
facts purporting what, exactly?
Just your opinion
again, of what, exactly? I have proposed no opinions. Only pointed out that some on this forum present themselves as knowledgeable of things they have no knowledge of.
which you seem to think is the preeminent position.
I'm not the only one....
I regret I engaged you this far.
Understandable
Argue away.
There never was any argument. What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Kindly
TR

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

That reminds me of the classic Zen koan;
What is the wisdom one takes away from a missive by Temporal Recon?
Funny how they say the same thing, isn't it!
Well, this has been fun (not really) but I have to move on to grown-up things now.

Indeed, daver. "Oh the drama". It seems Temporal Recon has a hard on for Darby. Not the first and won't be the last. But the relentless attack on Darby for something as innocuous as internet sales of a meaningless book about a fake time traveler is truly pitiful, not to mention boring.

Oh that's right, TR believes Titor was real. Again, not the first, won't be the last. And we can see from TR's signature that this person wants us to go to their website and see the "evidence". It seems obvious TR wants to engage in a discussion here about Titor because they want to "prove" Titor was real. Good luck with that...
RMT

My posts were not an attack, they were an observation.

But the relentless attack on Darby for something as innocuous as internet sales of a meaningless book about a fake time traveler

Some on this forum make statements without the foundation of facts on their sides. Darby's statement, in particular, had no basis in fact, and as his previous posts of the last 12 years demonstrate, he is not an authority on the topic. Many reading these forums and others would do well to recognize this and not rely on the judgment or opinions of others.
That puff of air you just felt was the point of my posts whizzing by your head.

Oh that's right, TR believes Titor was real.
Belief based on knowledge and evidence, evidence that does not exist in the literature most are aware of informs my statements. I cannot help you if you will not avail yourself to the full evidence of Titor's (and others') statements.

Again, not the first, won't be the last.
Hope springs eternal
And we can see from TR's signature that this person wants us to go to their website and see the "evidence".
A conviction without full knowledge of the facts is lazy and sloppy.
It seems obvious TR wants to engage in a discussion here about Titor because they want to "prove" Titor was real.
This is true, though I did that quite a while ago.
Good luck with that...
Thank you RMT.

I wonder, how soon will we be able to move on from the Titor posts and expand our inquiry?

As Ever
Temporal Recon

Some on this forum make statements without the foundation of facts on their sides. (snip) Many reading these forums and others would do well to recognize this and not rely on the judgment or opinions of others.

And statements like this are the arrogant ones in which you seem to imply that you have all the facts about Titor. And when it comes to "judgment or opinions" what are we to make of the fact that in the teaser for your little book you rely on the opinion that Titor was lying about something?

"The conclusions the book makes are 100% (100%) based on Titor's statements. No contortions of logic were needed."

Oh, so you don't consider it a "contortion of logic" when you simply decide where Titor was lying and where he was not?

"(did you know titor lied about CERN'S involvement?)"

For a story which is unscientific at its very basis (cannot be formally falsified), pray tell how you decide the difference between when the storyteller was lying, or was just outright wrong about how the future would turn out? Indeed, isn't it possible that some non-scientifically minded person (like you) could try to make a case for ANYTHING that Titor "predicted" which did not come to pass was merely a "lie"?

There are a great many people who are scientifically minded (and I am just one) who don't buy the marketing hype of your book on your little site. It is adolescent, at best, but yes there are idiots out there who will fall for it. That makes you a predator of the less-than-intelligent, and as such that makes you my enemy. I do not like people who take advantage of those who are more gullible than others.

That puff of air you just felt was the point of my posts whizzing by your head.

Cute. (not)

Belief based on knowledge and evidence, evidence that does not exist in the literature most are aware of informs my statements. I cannot help you if you will not avail yourself to the full evidence of Titor's (and others') statements.

And all I have to do is purchase your little book, yes? Save it pal. Heard it all before, and you are not the first to pretend to be an "investigator who cracked the Titor story" just to make some coin. You are not impressing me with your arrogant statements implying you are the only one with the facts.

A conviction without full knowledge of the facts is lazy and sloppy.

There you go again...

I wonder, how soon will we be able to move on from the Titor posts and expand our inquiry?

Clearly vague statements like this mean you have a direction that you wish to lead people (ostensibly for the purpose of book sales and may have nothing to do with actual, veridical evidence). So how about you cut out the theatrics and arrogant statements intended to get me to take your bait, and simply lay out your case?

Your tactic of not telling everything, but instead trying to gin-up intrigue (again, to sell your book) is an old one. And the more intelligent people here will not fall for it. But by all means, keep it up...go ahead with whatever direction you wish to take your little game. I will get the same amount of entertainment out of it no matter what it is...and you can be assured you will not be getting $24.99 from me.

RMT

And statements like this are the arrogant ones in which you seem to imply that you have all the facts about Titor.
Not all of the facts regarding the Titor story are known by me nor are they revealed in Conviction of a Time Traveler. Nonetheless, many facts are presented there that were, heretofore, unknown. Likewise, many of those facts did not even come into being until after Titor departed the first time in 2001.
COATT should be the beginning of one’s inquiry, not the end.

what are we to make of the fact that in the teaser for your little book you rely on the opinion that Titor was lying about something?
No opinions form the basis for the conclusion that Titor was a “time traveler.”

Oh, so you don't consider it a "contortion of logic" when you simply decide where Titor was lying and where he was not?
No.
Presenting evidence of a lie is not an an example of an unsupported belief nor is it an opinion. Titor “lied” about several aspects of his story. It really is as simple as that.

), pray tell how you decide the difference between when the storyteller was lying, or was just outright wrong about how the future would turn out?
No prayers required, Mr. Rainman.

But your point is taken and I can understand why you might ask it.
Centrally, your question is: “How do you know when someone is lying?”

Simply put: Expertise and Experience.

Indeed, isn't it possible that some non-scientifically minded person (like you) could try to make a case for ANYTHING that Titor "predicted" which did not come to pass was merely a "lie"?
Yes, this is possible, but is it intellectually honest to oneself?
Your question is actually a restatement of an earlier argument for Titor’s “missed predictions;” That being the “it’s a different world line, so his predictions didn’t come true” argument of the true believer. This is an example of the contortions of logic that I make early on in COATT

There are a great many people who are scientifically minded (and I am just one) who don't buy the marketing hype of your book on your little site.
The hype is not for sale

] That makes you a predator of the less-than-intelligent, and as such that makes you my enemy.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
I wonder what a psychologist might say to that?

I do not like people who take advantage of those who are more gullible than others.
Neither do I, Mr. Rainman.
It would appear you make my argument for me when you highlight this.Though I am sure there may be some who take offense to being called "gullible."

Conviction of a Time Traveler is nothing more than a clear, concise presentation of the facts taken within the context of posts made in 2000-2001. It is up to the reader to decide for themselves if the evidence presented rises to the level of reasonable doubt and to then to take, or not take, actions based on their own conclusions.

It is extremely important for many to understand that the assertions made those who share your enthusiasm for falsehood and obfuscation are not the last word on the subject.

Titor even warned of this 12 year ago.
“It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief” – John Titor

And all I have to do is purchase your little book, yes?
Yes, that would surely shorten the time it will take to get up to speed on the latest information, though it is by no means the only path to the truth. The information presented is readily available to anyone with the curiosity to find it and knowledge to ask the right questions.

… you are not the first to pretend to be an "investigator who cracked the Titor story" just to make some coin.
That much is certain!
I was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism I have seen over the years.

Though it might be asked, are these the words of someone who puts financial gain (“some coin” as you put it) above objective truth? What is the motivation then, if not a financial one?

You are not impressing me with your arrogant statements implying you are the only one with the facts.
I am not the only one with the facts, Mr. Rainman. There are others present here/now who know even more than I.

Clearly vague statements like this mean you have a direction that you wish to lead people
Yes

So how about you cut out the theatrics and arrogant statements intended to get me to take your bait, and simply lay out your case?
One might argue that the bait has already been taken, though I find it interesting that you think the bait was laid out for you. Nonetheless, your curiosity betrays your foot-stomping.

I would humbly recommend you recognize your unrequited curiosity and start asking questions instead of making statements so sure of your conclusions.
A few to get you started might be:
1) Do I even want to know the truth, or is this simply idle curiosity? If not, then maybe I should just move on then?
2) Am I able to accept the truth if I find it?
3) Who might have lied to me before now? Am I merely parroting statements of others before me?
4) What assumptions have I made over the past 12 years that I need to recognize and revisit?
5) If I find the truth, am I willing to take action as would a responsible adult? I’m assuming here you are of the age of majority, I have no evidence of this.

Those are just a few, I’m sure you will come up with others, or not. It’s entirely up to you.

and you can be assured you will not be getting $24.99 from me.

Geez, is that all? I need to raise the price!

As ever and always
Temporal Recon

Ray,

Oh, for god's sake. Thank you, Ray. I'd completely forgotten that TR was promoting his book when I first responded to this thread. No damned wonder he was so offended by my assertion.

Interest in thread extinguished.

Ray,

Oh, for god's sake. Thank you, Ray. I'd completely forgotten that TR was promoting his book when I first responded to this thread. No damned wonder he was so offended by my assertion.

Interest in thread extinguished.

Yes, Darby. And get his schtick above in his reply to me. He is now telling me what questions I should ask, and trying to pretend he made no logical contortions to arrive at his conclusion that Titor was a real TTer. I can't say his marketing knack is all that great is he has to result to such desperation.

RMT

Can someone enlighten me and tell me what is this copyright stuff for and who is this Ph.D guy called Karl Simanonok in relationship with this John Titor story?

Copyright Documentation
JOHN TITOR VALIDITY TEST BASED ON PREDICTION OF CIVIL WAR BY 2004-2005

I could only find a little bit of his background from Huffington Post website.
Karl Simanonok

Out of all 5 predictions, I could only found the Prediction 2 of LHC as valid:
What are 'mini' black holes?

Back in 2003 Karl was one of the people that Pamela introduced to me by inviting me to a chatroom with him. She was absolutely sure that Karl was the person behind John Titor and she wanted me to help her "catch him". So, I went along with the gag and when Pamela "published" her findings abd found that she was incorrect she decided to defend Karl and say that it was all my idea; she never believed he was Titor. She did it again a year or so later with another case of "This is the guy - I'm sure of it." Wrong again. And again she pointed at me and said it was all my idea.

Anyone wonder why I don't trust Ms. "Moore"?

But to back up Pamela's truth test (The Song) he came up with one of his own. He opened a website (which is still there) and applied for a USPTO copyright on the material. Why copyright it? Not a clue. And don't care to waste any time trying to find out. ;)

so, what is spam? the spammer- or the the spammers supporter, or the open opposer who only aid the spammer when by arguing, ensure more coverage and attention is given to the spammer?

All in all, I really don't care which answer you all wish to take.

What I do know is, the thread is boring.... it is about as interesting as listening to Question Time from the House Of Commons- and probably as about as enlightening.

If you have a book to promote-please be open about it! Then I am sure more people would be open to buying it at a REASONABLE price.
These forms of pseudo cleverness, just turns people off- sorry, they will read the posts and decide against a purchase.
There are far better ways to market, promote and sell your book. Step number 1 is to come across as not only openly interesting, but a likeable person.
We ALL like someone who smiles!

Dave

NozeItAll;

I am wondering what Temporal Recon’s comments to Darby have to do with promoting his book. TEmporal Recon's arguments are solid based on their own merits.

Since you decided to stick up for Temporal Recon, I ask you, just what are the merits of Temporal Recon's arguments?

In fact, many people reading this may not even be aware that Temporal Recon wrote a book in the first place until the above post referencing the book was made. So I have to ask (rhetorically of course), who is actually promoting the book here? Darby and RainManTime are, not the author.

In fact, that’s how I learned of the book several months ago. I had never heard of Temporal Recon at the time, and it was a few posts made by RainManTime accusing Temporal Recon of promoting his book that actually piqued my interest. Temporal Recon never mentioned the book until after the topic was brought up by others.

Well, that simply is not true. Let me offer some "facts" for you and Mr. Temporal Recon, so he doesn't get all carried away over that again.

Noze,

There is more to the Titor story than meets the eye, Noze. Darby is not exactly being forthright with his statements. I would recommend taking his statements with a large grain of salt.

Temporal Recon, Aug 5, 2012

3 Faxes Sent to Art Bell?? | Time Travel Institute

While I do not normally seek out using forums to promote Conviction of a Time Travler, since Mr. RMT has been so kind as to invite it, I feel free to provide the links.

["RainmanTime said: ↑

And of course, you stay in your world of generalities and provide precisely ZERO specifics to back up your claim. Well done. Next thing you know, you will offer up a link to google and say "it's all in here, read it and do some research."

If you are going to call out Darby, you had better offer some specifics that can be falsified, otherwise we brand you "hit and run".

RMT"]

You may notice, all Rainman Time mentioned was {"Next thing you know, you will offer up a link to google and say "it's all in here, read it and do some research." } and Mr. Recon took right off promoting his book.

As requested:

Conviction of a Time Traveler (for a signed copy)

or alternatively, the book may be found on

Amazon.com

Mr. RMT, my evidence (in COATT) has been available for about 2 years now to anyone in search of the actual truth. While I don't expect you to avail yourself to all the information (both pro and con) that is now available (information that did not exist yet when Darby/you made your pronouncements of "HOAX!" without all the facts), there are others who are in search of the unvarnished truth. It is for them that the book with its reams of evidence was written.

And, to answer your claim that I "remain in generalities," I am exceedingly specific in the evidence that I provide in COATT. Truth be told, the book had to be cut DOWN to ~300 pages.

Mr. Noze,

I commend you on your research and critical thinking thus far. I was especially encouraged by your analysis of the facts/fax suggesting the existence of a third (as yet, undisclosed) communication from (whom we suspect was) Titor. I was also very encouraged to see that you were already aware that Fax2 had been modified when you made your initial post.

Don't you find it interesting that Mr. Darby did not mention his knowledge of the modification until AFTER YOU

mentioned it yourself in a follow-up post?

Do you still think Darby will be completely honest with you in your search for the "actual" truth?

I'm sure Mr. Darby may attempt to explain it away by claiming that "it wasn't important enough to mention," or some such backtracking. I would merely submit that the length of his post belies his false claim of disinterest. As you have likely already noticed in your research, Darby and others like him (Mr. RMT for example) are not interested in you finding the actual truth. He will withhold information from you, as you can plainly now see.

I'm sure Dirk would agree.

Mr. Noze, there is more to the faxes than meets the eye. Keep digging, there is more there to find.

Temporal Recon

Temporal Recon, Aug 5, 2012

To which Rainman Time responded,

Ah, so it looks like we have a book salesman here! Alrighty, then.

Ah OK, so let me correct my earlier statement: You didn't offer a vague google link, you offered a link to Amazon and direct us to go buy your book. I guess that is not as lazy as the google link, but chock full of other self-interested motivations.
So, as these "facts" demonstrate, it was Mr. Recon that "first" mentioned his book. Not Rainman Time nor Darby.

For those who may be reading this thread and who are interested in John Titor, do yourself a big favor and buy the darn book. Try to put your pride and personal feelings about the author aside for a moment and read it. When you are done, you will know as much (or more) about John Titor than most people on this website (or anywhere else for that matter).

The author has done extensive and thorough research unlike anything else that has been published or posted. And for that reason, I believe he is entitled to a few cents in royalties for his work. So if you do not have the time (or are too lazy) to conduct this level of research yourself, consider yourself lucky that someone else has done the work for you.

That's quite a promo for Mr. Recon's book.
Actually, Mr. Recon could not have possibly done any more extensive or through research than re-publish JT's posts and ADD HIS SPECULATIVE OPINIONS ABOUT THE POSTS. PERIOD! I am not at all surprised that anyone writing such claptrap would want to remain anonymous. Had he published the book as fiction, where it belongs, he would have some credibility. As it is, he has none.
This thread started out about the over priced Titor book on amazon, not Mr. Recon's book, but again Mr. Recon can not pass up a chance to promote it some more, with your help of course. And we can't forget Mr. Recon's signature,
"Read the evidence at: Conviction of a Time Traveler". There's no promotion in that either, right?

Mr. Temporal Recon just likes to argue and promote his book as the only facts available concerning JT. When someone, like Darby, says anything that challenges the validity of the JT story, and thereby "his" book and should "his" book is discredited, "his" continued involvement in the possible future, though highly unlikely (IMO), movie.
John Titor: About
To be directed by the esteemed Joe Eckardt. (Yes, that's sarcasm, Sheldon.)
This site sure looks and sounds like Mr. Recon and "his" book is prominently displayed.
So, NozeItAll, Mr. Recon has ulterior motives for his attack against Darby. Discredit the "real expert" and "his expertise" appears more creditable.
Mr. Recon, I expect your typical pretentious response but, I may not play along with you. I have seen you argue insignificant minutiae before and read some of it. From what I saw, you had your ass handed to you,( I know, now you're gonna want to argue that) and I don't like to pile on.
Besides, daver doesn't like to be bored.
:D

Everyone,

I have a feeling that the topic of this thread appears to be spiraling a bit out of control, so at the risk of allowing this thread to devolve into an argument about Temporal Recon's true intentions, allow me to set everyone straight:

According to the information I have discovered, over and above the original posts, time travel is real and happening now. I have compiled the Titor - specific information (as I knew and understood it at the time) in such a manner to be available to anyone curious enough to avail themselves to it. There is simply too much information to go into it in a website discussion forum; a book was needed. You can read it, or not. It is ultimately your choice to make. As we all must discover, life is a series of choices. Here is one now.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a great deal of room to move beyond the original Titor posts that many appear to get hung up on; many believe that those self-same posts are both the beginning and end of the time travel question. This is grossly incorrect. Making silly tail-chasing statements such as "TR just wants to make a sale" does not further our understanding of the larger question, it only serves to waste people's time. To reiterate: Buy my little book project, don't buy my little book project. The choice is yours and your alone.

Which brings me to another subject: As to the assumption that my intent in discussing the time travel question in general or Titor specifically is to merely sell my little book, this is also not true. While I can appreciate people's skepticism of someone with a widget to sell, I say now that my widget is not a financially-inspired endeavor. It was a surprise to me at what I discovered, purely by chance and curiosity. I merely wrote down what I found.

I take great pleasure in discussing both the basic tenets of the question as well as the more advanced and esoteric topics of time travel that many leave unexamined. Accusing me and others of something as base as wonton huckstering to sell "one more book" is a bit naked in its shallowness and attempts to strip me of my very real interest in this topic. I will not allow this to happen. Similarly, I will also not allow statements without substance or support by others to go unchallenged. If we are to have an intelligent and intellectually honest discussion about this topic, speculation must be identified as such.

Attempting to derail the intent of my original post, to expose an individual's unqualified statements of knowledgeability of book sales (as innocuous as that may appear on its face) which he has no knowledge of, thus implying expertise and attempting to support a false position of authority, is beneath this forum. I expect larger questions to be asked; a higher level of discussion. I supplied a short list of questions to Mr. Rainman a few posts back. Perhaps we all should start there?

As ever and Always
Temporal Recon

But to back up Pamela's truth test (The Song) he came up with one of his own. He opened a website (which is still there) and applied for a USPTO copyright on the material. Why copyright it? Not a clue. And don't care to waste any time trying to find out. ;)

Darb, what is the website address please? Thank you in advance. 2012.12.17.22.19

Back