perfection

ruthless

Rift Surfer
cold-steel-warrior-katana-japanese-swords.jpg

is that a beauty or what?

Is that sword yours? I have a straight sword. The only thing sharp on it is the tip though. Maybe I am not looking in the right places but I have found it hard to get a properly sharpen sword. For safety reasons they don,t like selling them like that anymore. I like swords because they are more safe than having loaded fire arms laying around. So, I keep one well put up fire arm at each end of the house and a sword handy.

Picture32.jpg

Reactor...Do you know what the spec's are on that blade ? It appears to be rather heavy. Some swords are made dull, with the idea in mind to take them to a blacksmith or metal worker to get them sharpened.

I like the ornamentation of the hilt of your sword, very nice.

With the humidity here, constant care needs to be given to my sword, more than I expected.

My sword is battle-ready, with the blade already sharpened.

Also, there are private armories that will custom manufacture a sword, but the prices are much higher.

Then you need...

shield-17a.jpg

A Shield

/ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok, what about Mediaval Armours?

armour-701.jpg

I find this online "A R M O U R" with lots of Items....
Quoted:
Aceros de Hispania presents a collection of suits of armour, breastplates, shields, gauntlets, halberds, displays, figurines and other decorative items.

end quoted...

Armour web page /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

That's some beautiful armor. But if you wore that in battle you'd be the center of attention. Oh, I get it--that's for the guys in charge who sit on the hill and watch the fight.

By the way, what is the symbolism of the three crowns on the shield? Or for that matter, the lady with the snakes for hair on the armor--is that supposed to be Medusa?

By the way, what is the symbolism of the three crowns on the shield?

It was King Magnus Erickson who first used the three crowns as he was at that time King of Sweden Norway and Scania.

Or for that matter, the lady with the snakes for hair on the armor--is that supposed to be Medusa?

The inclusion of Medusa implies the protection of the goddess Athena... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

"Darth Vader's Japanese relative?"

why yes, yes it was.

vader-samurai.jpg

i guess that armor is a little flashy for some. for those, theres always this...

2268302601_168d69aab1.jpg

or maybe this...

kendo_old_armor.jpg

No right off hand I don,t know the specs but it is heavy. The sides come down to about the thickness of a coin but the middle of the sword is more heavier and thicker with a line running up the center of the sword that is U shaped to make the sword have less weight. It was made for beating, blocking, and thrusting.

The sides come down to about the thickness of a coin but the middle of the sword is more heavier and thicker with a line running up the center of the sword that is U shaped to make the sword have less weight.

make sure that if you ever use that sword, to strike an object using the thickest, widest piece of the sword. i would hate for you to get into a swordfight, parry, and end up losing a good hunk of your sword and maybe worse.

i imagine the sword you have weighs 10-15 lbs. thats not a ridiculous amount, but it is a bit cumbersome, so i suggest ya dont stop swinging that big mofo!

you know we have BILLIONS of swordfights in the u.s. every day... (my impression of ciggy :D )

Knowing more about the sword goes along with what your intentions are in using it. For use on a thief in the night, probably dont need to know much more than the blade will do what you want it too.

For those into re-enactment scenarios, and duel with others on a consistent basis, would certainly want to know what it is they are using in combat.

The U-Groove, is a Blood Channel, or Blood Groove, to ( in theory ) drain the blood from body thrust wounds and prevent the blade from sticking within the wound. Wouldn't want anything to slow down the movement of the blade, inside or outside the opponent.

Templar Re-enactment Close Combat

make sure that if you ever use that sword, to strike an object using the thickest, widest piece of the sword. i would hate for you to get into a swordfight, parry, and end up losing a good hunk of your sword and maybe worse.

i imagine the sword you have weighs 10-15 lbs. thats not a ridiculous amount, but it is a bit cumbersome, so i suggest ya dont stop swinging that big mofo!

you know we have BILLIONS of swordfights in the u.s. every day... (my impression of ciggy )

Thank you I will keep that in mind. I am hoping I never have to use it for self defense. I would not want to be on the receiving end of that thing it would be painful. I prefer a good sword to a good walking tall stick.