perfection

Knowing more about the sword goes along with what your intentions are in using it. For use on a thief in the night, probably dont need to know much more than the blade will do what you want it too.

For those into re-enactment scenarios, and duel with others on a consistent basis, would certainly want to know what it is they are using in combat.

The U-Groove, is a Blood Channel, or Blood Groove, to ( in theory ) drain the blood from body thrust wounds and prevent the blade from sticking within the wound. Wouldn't want anything to slow down the movement of the blade, inside or outside the opponent.

I once had some friends who were big into SCA. That has been a long time ago. I use to go and watch them fight (Not to the point of causing harm). I even camped out with them a couple of times. They were big into stuff being what they called "Period". Meaning as real as possible to the time it came from. I never joined though I just watched for my own interest. I once brewed up some mead (made with honey) and a local chapter had sword fights and the victor got the mead. It was fun. I don,t know how to sword fight myself but I have read the basic concepts.

if you want to know how to swordfight, watch this video. your a smart guy and i know you could pick this up easy. you wouldnt be able to use your sword like the one in the vid though, yours is alot heavier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHf5mBvKNc&feature=related

if you ever do get into it, and you want a real katana, this is the one to get: http://www.coldsteel.com/japanwarrior.html

my personal favorite sword is this one.

http://www.coldsteel.com/grossemesser.html

I will have a look at that video. Thanks for the links. I really liked that Grosse Messer. You could mess someone up real bad in a very short period of time with that weapon. All I can do with mine is beat the heck out of them and run them through but with the Grosse Messer I could skip all that and just cut them in half. But, I looked at the price and it is expensive. I just got through buying christmas so I will hold off for now.

You could mess someone up real bad in a very short period of time with that weapon. All I can do with mine is beat the heck out of them and run them through but with the Grosse Messer I could skip all that and just cut them in half.

yeah, that thing doesent play. i doubt theres much in this world that could stand up to that blade.

But, I looked at the price and it is expensive. I just got through buying christmas so I will hold off for now.

yeah, it will be a long time before i can afford one of those. but when i do, im gonna be one chopping mofo! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i guess this one will have to do for now. its only 40 bucks...

TS-MKSPCL.jpg

http://www.trueswords.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=4538

i guess this one will have to do for now. its only 40 bucks...

And it is sharp too. I bookmarked that page. Sounds like a good deal. Among my other weapons I have a real switch blade knife. The kind you just push the button and the blade shoots out. It is not legal to carry around in public but in case I loose my sword during a home invasion and can't get to my smith and wesson 40 cal my trusted little friend is not far away. I got it from Mexico a few years back. You can order them dis-assembled and assemble them yourself. It is a shame a person can,t just carry what they want to anymore.

knife.jpg

knife2.jpg

Smith & Wesson. Nize. That's some quality chit right there!

I got the following S&W dual locking blade knife as a free anniversary gift with the last S&W revolver I purchased:

104036_104063.jpg

It is a really sweet knife, with the shape of the haft perfectly designed to fit snugly in the hand. I liked it so much, I bought another one (for the other hand, of course!) /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

You guys got some nice knifes. So S&W make revolers too. I will have to look at them. I like S&W but that 40 cal I have is kind of heavy. In my holster it tries to pull my pants down so I have to tighten my belt up real tight. I have a fat belly so it makes it worse for me. I have a tread mill but still working on it. Being thinking of moving to a 38 cal. It is a not as heavy. I may have to order those swords Ruthless showed me but I am going to wait till after christmas. I want to put the rumors to rest right now I don,t have nukes nor am I building any. I also don,t have any nuclear material nor am I making any. I am a peaceful dude by heart. Make love not war is my modo. And I know us guys prefer the former rather than the latter. I was kind of curious as to what some of the other TTI staff and other TTI members have? Hint hint..

Reactor,
So S&W make revolers too. I will have to look at them.

Oh my yes! In fact, that is how S&W made their name back in the 1800s was because of the quality of their revolvers. My favorite hand gun is the S&W M686 that fires seven .38 and .357 magnums:

497304213606.jpg

Like you say about your 40 cal, this thing is a bit heavy, but is very accurate and I have never had a hang fire (mostly because I keep my ammo fresh and only buy full metal jacket rounds).

I also have a Legacy Puma M92 rifle that I bought not only because it is a nice lever action rifle, but because it fires the same .38 & .357 magnum rounds as my hand guns. I owned a 22 cal rifle for hunting for many years, but I like having standardized to one size of ammo for my two primary use firearms.

I also own a Glock G21 .45 pistol:

Glock_compensator.jpg

I love that photo! Those upper ports really do a good job of taming the recoil of this big boy. This is the only gun I own that has a clip, as I am generally against them (too easy to get clogged if you are not religious about cleaning it). But you can't beat a clip for reload speed, so this is the gun of choice for protection in the event anyone decides they are going to invade the USA! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

I was kind of curious as to what some of the other TTI staff and other TTI members have? Hint hint..

It's always nice to have a variety at hand, to be able to select the appropriate tool for whatever the job may be....

For obvious reasons, I will NOT be posting any pictures of the actual 'tools' I have on hand, and will post only generic photos, and they will have to suffice.

Those who do get to see "my" guns, these in particular, are on a as needed basis, and only get to see them once.

The first is for close encounters, and long range accuracy isn't necessary. It is a Charter Arms Bulldog, .44 Special, and weighs in at a light 21.5 ounces. With specific ammunition, slightly altered as well, it becomes a now you see 'em, now you don't kind of thing. Hamburger anyone ?

14420_LRBulldog_BL.jpg

The following photo's here are of a HK-91, and several variations. It has quite a few format's that it can be adapted too. It has a .22 kit that can convert it over for practice, without the expense required for the normal ammunition, which also has a wide variety available.

The 20 round clips would have different colored tape on them to let me know which bullets are in which clips...from tungsten penetrators, to tumblers, and other types of ammunition, IF I had the HK-91, thats what I'd do.

In the mid-80's when purchased, it was not illegal to own one, but is now on the "ban" list, so it no longer is among the other guns in the rack. Wouldn't want to break any laws, now would I ?

allitems.jpg

hk91a2_3.jpg

copyofjldptr91762x5118inchbarr.jpg

Sorry, no photo will be posted of the next one...

However, what arsenal would be complete without a shotgun in the rack, of which is the Benelli Super 90...comment on a weapons forum on the Super 90.... " with one round in the chamber and seven in the tube, you can get off all eight shots before the first casing hits the deck... not that you'd ever really need that, but it is nice to know you can drop some bitches quick if you really need to. """ )

/ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I have thought about getting a ak-47 but have never done it. Right now I will just stick to my hand gun. If I ever run across a really good deal I might.

The AK-47 is an impressive weapon. We took out a friends AK when we went out shooting.

(Rainman might remember there was a shooting area off of the infamous Ortega Highway, and another shooting area in Lytle Creek. Bring back any memories there, Rainman ? )

I did like the AK-47 my friend had...

However, if size matters....

arcart.jpg

Both guns have a wide variety of ammunition available. Nice to specialize at times.

Here is a link to the complete article, might be worth a read. You might notice that it shows how easy it is to remove the trigger mechanism. This means a "different" one can be put in it's place, and then quickly and easily switched out again, if need be.

The gun shop owner where I purchased my HK put the claim that it is virtually impossible to jam an HK to the test, and took his HK out and crimped the casings to try to see if the claim would hold up. Happy to report that not only did the HK 'not" jam, the guy running damaged casings through the HK didnt blow himself up, either.

It is also nice to be able to use the HK's conversion kit to the .22 LR ammo. Saves on expense when you decide to take your baby out for some exercise. The kit is easily put in place, and removed, when you want to run any of the .308 ammunition.

HK-91 article

Perfection Wish List:

Not all that can be classified as perfection are weapons. I "wish" I could get my hands on one of these babies. A Vector W8 or the new Vector WX-8 ( yet to be released ). If the big three auto makers go down, and the citizens of the United States want to remain loyal to U.S. made automobiles, guess we will be stuck with the Vector's.

Ain't that a beech ?

vector_w8_promo-2.jpg

Vector Automobile Offical Webiste

Perfection Wish List:

Not all that can be classified as perfection are weapons. I "wish" I could get my hands on one of these babies. A Vector W8 or the new Vector WX-8 ( yet to be released ). If the big three auto makers go down, and the citizens of the United States want to remain loyal to U.S. made automobiles, guess we will be stuck with the Vector's.

Ain't that a beech ?

Well if you can,t afford it build a car kit replica. I myself have thought about doing that with another type of car but the money, time, and work let along having the skills to do it is a bit much for me.

While there are a lot more exotic (and expensive) cars that I would not mind driving or owning, my idea of vehicle perfection is simpler than those. Most auto critics agree that the best price-per-performance sports car on the market is the venerable Chevy Corvette, and I have wanted one since before I could drive. I thank the creator that back in 2003 when the Vette was celebrating its 50th Anniversary, I had the means to finally acquire my favorite sports car:

Vette-08.jpg

While I no doubt would really enjoy a Ferrari and/or a Vector just like you guys, I am more than content with this baby... at likely less than HALF the price of the others!

RMT

very nice car. you are very lucky. i would be more than happy with that. actually, i probably wouldnt be alive if i had that. my heart would stop when someone told me it was mine. :D

Thanks ruthless. I am very lucky, and blessed. But it is also testament to having a dream and remaining persistent until you see it manifest. For me the chills happened when I was at the dealer accepting the car... the first time I fired her up, the roar and rumble of that engine stirred some big emotions, telling me I finally reached my goal. :D

Dream big!
RMT

Thanks ruthless. I am very lucky, and blessed. But it is also testament to having a dream and remaining persistent until you see it manifest. For me the chills happened when I was at the dealer accepting the car... the first time I fired her up, the roar and rumble of that engine stirred some big emotions, telling me I finally reached my goal.

thats how i felt when i had my children.