Time to look through the telescope.
Don’t you know what the House of Representatives just passed?
I am not sure of the number but I think it is HR 2574 called by some the biggest tax increase in the history of this Country and to me just plain stupid and anti-social concerning older retired people and others like me.
Not only will you be paying more for gas and electricity, it probably will be so much that in a few years, many people won’t be able to even pay the bill. (and I will have a bicycle also.)
Time to look through the telescope.
It’s free (well, as long as you have a telescope - and eyepieces sure have gone way too high - use to have a couple of wide-field Naglers’ but I guess that will be over - just some cheaper regular 65 apparent degree field eyepieces if I find any that don’t cost as much as the others and work in the telescope with a good view. There has always been Orion store, but then there is Baader eyepieces except a person only needs about three if nothing else. I have a low-power kind of wide-field eyepiece but was thinking of getting a couple of wide-field eyepieces. But down in size also and cheaper on the eyepieces.)
Don’t know yet.
This is a monster telescope and weighs about as much as my ten inch reflector with my rotating bearings on the tube to spin the eyepiece where it is convenient to look through. There are cheaper telescopes called Dobsonians also but…inconvenient for looking through after awhile.
Not an advertisement endoresement or anything just looking - but China I think makes the mirrors for Celestron nowadays but at least the company is still ran out of California like Meade telescopes but the optics are coming probably from China. Gotta have something to do, and good enough with a couple of filters to block out a certain streetlight nearby.
Not apochromatic I think though that would be better - just looking but good enough but may be too heavy in the end.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/celestron-c6-r-gt-advanced-computerized-refracting-telescope.html
One on sale which is a good price considering it is not again - apochromatic - the others Skywatcher telescopes are China telescopes close to these and may be even better but cost a little more with some being apochromatic. Of course a good reflector is better yet, but have to stand up at the telescope or get a small stepladder and sit on top of it or something like that if wanting to sit down.
The Omni refractors on sale with the two of those.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/celestron-omni-xlt-series-telescopes.html
The 120mm or 4.72" one to look at probably vs. the 102mm or 3.9 something inch one.
No digital mount - and I don’t necessarily want one either. Good ol’ tracking and moving the telescope with a star chart.
Good enough. (The reflector telescopes actually a little small being around a 6" mirror.)
Eyepieces:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/vixen-lv-w-eyepieces.html
Of course they actually mean each eyepiece is that much, but cheaper still then the others.
And now these from Baader which I may end up getting without getting a telescope since I have one already.
http://www.scopecity.com/detail.cfm?ProductID=5503&pn=Baader%20Planetarium%2068%20degree%20Modular%20Hyperion%20Eyepieces,%20Set%20of%207%20(3.5mm-24mm)+Baader%20Planetarium+HYP-SET&sc=Telescope%20Accessories&tc=Accessories
But a lot of money to me at $729 for the set of Baader eyepieces.
But still there is University store eyepieces and still cheaper less-field eyepieces.
The wide-field Koenigs eyepieces were always alright and still made I think.
But mainly just looking around and the Baader eyepieces can be bought separately at $120 apiece for each one.
The refractors just looking at, since the Skywatcher telescopes I found listed somewhere on the Internet and now is the parent company (Syntac) for Celestron and usually a little bit made cheaper type of refractor but with a little care still good enough and less then $4000 for a Televue telescope that is still smaller but more corrected and those Nagler Televue Eyepieces.
Good eye relief at 20 mm for those Baader eyepieces and Vixen eyepieces but the Baader win in price with someone who wears eyeglasses and don’t necessarily want to take off the eyeglasses when looking through a telescope but with good eyepieces (mainly for astigatism in the eye) it would not be too bad, but then why take off the glasses when it really is not necessary with the way some of these people talk. I think they been dissatified with their telescope or something when they get that critical, afterall it is not the Hubble Telescope or the 8.4 meter Large Binocular Telescope in Arizona with computer controlled mirror segments - just a telescope and for the most part usually one can go to higher powers and get more contrast with a refractor because of the atmosphere where I live down here in the muck of the midlands.
Glug, glug, glug.
