Beam Me Up Scotty

persephone8

Chrono Cadet
Persephone with a question.

Who was the congressman who kept saying "Beam me up Scotty" and got 8-balled out of congress.

(I don't think he was a senator, I tend to just call both the senate and the congress The Congress.)

I could probably look up his name but I am being lazy. And I am wondering if anyone remembers this guy?

Everytime I think about that I crack up.

The guy was certainly not discreet. I imagine he got the "executive briefing" along with all of the others, but was the only one to disregard decorum and speak openly about it in a less than productively intelligent manner, I'll give you, but none-the-less, he was a character who couldn't hide the truth if he tried to.

"Beam Me Up Scotty" I am so tired of an unbalanced society, wrought with corruption, injustice, and apathy. And the horrible after effects that plague our world.

If only our framers of the constitution could see us now. Sigh.

We could use a bit of their courage now I think.

The Appropriateness of Chance is Astounding
Persephone

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers" by Neil Armstrong

Hi Keven,

Well, no it can't be Captain James T. Kirk, because he was just born in Riverside Iowa.

Explanation.

There is a small community which is close to where I live that has adopted the idea that James T. Kirk was born in their town. Therefore, each year the hold a celebration called Trekfest, I believe but could be inacurate, in which they have a parade and all sorts of events. I don't know much more about it because I have never attended. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will now try to look up on the internet who the Congressman was that got kicked out because he was acting without decorum, spouting out "Beam Me Up Scotty" duing his congressional hearing. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll let you know more if I can find information on it.

Persephone

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers" by Neil Armstrong

Hi Again Keven,

I have looked on the internet and found an article about James Traficant.

The website
is www.morantics.com/moscowtimes072902.html

This is a paragraph from the article entitled "Beamed Up and Booted Out" by Matt Bivens:

<font color="blue">"On Capitol Hill, Traficant wore cheap 1970s suits and a wildly unruly haircut. He was famous for his barely coherent one-minute rant, often punctuated by cries of "Beam me up, Scotty!" (That's a reference to the old science fiction TV series "Star Trek." Traficant was in exasperation begging a spacecraft to transport him off the planet's surface.) "When I walk on the floor for the final execution I'll wear a denim suit," Traficant had said of Wednesday's hearing (sadly, he dressed conservatively). "I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith, 'Men in Black,' James Brown."
[/COLOR]
Crazy times we live in, huh?

Persephone