BRICs world Economies in 2050

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I ran this by my wife, who has her degrees in ECON, and she agreed with it for the most part. The only other comment she made was to pay serious attention to distribution and concentration of wealth in any country's economy. This is an indicator of economic sustainability. I've learned not to argue with her about this stuff. She's almost always right.

The company I work for already started outsourcing work to India! Scary? No!
I call it Reality...

Investing in reality is the best option!

Bumping some wise words here. Please note at these current time coordinates the US negotiating deals with Brazil... The "B" in BRIC.
<font color="white">Watch for new energy alliances. A shift of significant magnitude in the world of technology is just about underway.[/COLOR]

http://www.bankresearch.org/economicpolicyblog/2006/07/after_brics_gol.html

External Source:

Among them, Korea and Mexico are particularly important. Mexico will become the sixth-largest economy. By 2050, Korea will become richer (in income per capita) than any of the current G7s (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, U.K., U.S.) except the U.S. GDP per capita of Korea will reach 81,462 USD (in market exchange rate) in 2050, if everything goes smoothly, while Mexico’s will reach 52,990 USD. U.S.’s GDP per capita, standing at 89,663 USD in 2050, will be still slightly richer than Korea’s.

Currently, US’s GDP per capita stands between 42,000 and 43,000 USD/year, and Korea’s GDP per capita will reach this level between year 2015 and 2020, which is not very far away from now.

Imagine someone making the time travel claim about Mexico becoming the Sixth largest economy!