Current events

popathizz

Temporal Novice
With current events going on right now and how he talks about ww3 even though it didn't happen in 2005 do you think him being here could of prolonged the war to these days now. I mean look at who are at war right now and who he says starts it all.

I'll admit it's something I've had in mind for many years, now. What if we're in a scenario, similar to what we find in the original Terminator (1-2-3) universe?

Judgment Day (WW3 in our case, here) can be delayed, but it can't be averted. It's inevitable.

It would mean that John only delayed the inevitable. Scary, but possible, I guess. Depends on how you take the whole Titor story and what you choose to believe in.

With current events going on right now and how he talks about ww3 even though it didn't happen in 2005 do you think him being here could of prolonged the war to these days now. I mean look at who are at war right now and who he says starts it all.
No. A mistake many readers have made for the past 23 years of reading the Titor/TTO posts has been to call them "predictions". They were not predictions. Within the context of the posts they were statements of fact, not predictions, offered as evidence by a percipient witness to them, Titor/TTO.

As such, if the witness said this or that event would occur in 2004, 2005, etc. then the event must occur in that time frame. Some people have attempted to counter that assessment by stating that perhaps there was some sort of time "offset" between this world and Titor/TTO's world thus we shouldn't take any dates he offered as being reliable. The argument is weak and self defeating.

It's weak because it assumes facts not in evidence. The person making the argument has either made up the argument themself or read it somewhere else. It's weak because it is so biased that it completely ignores the testimony of the person whose story they are trying to support. What they won't find, however, is any statement from Titor/TTO stating that such was the case.

It's self defeating because it admits that Titor/TTO's world was not this world thus what happened on Titor/TTO's world has nothing to do with this world. Titor stated that much as a matter of fact. With respect to his offer to leave emails in the future for people who accepted his offer he said,

Posted by John Titor on 03-10-2001 07:26 PM (I Am From 2036)
"Therefore, I not only offer you the chance to leave a message to yourself in 2036 but I offer you the chance to leave yourself a message in 1998. I will take any compiled messages and email addressees you provide and send them on the net when I get to 1998.

Granted, this will not affect you on your worldline now but you make take some comfort that another “you” on another worldline has the advantage of knowing something you wish you knew three years ago." (bold italic added - Darby)

He very clearly and unambiguously stated that nothing that happens in some other world has an effect here. And, yes, I'm quite aware that Titor/TTO stated there is some small "divergence" of worldlines between "parallel" worlds. The statement makes no sense as parallel lines no not, by definition, diverge and he can't have it both ways. Either there is some tiny difference or his emails to members in this world will arrive in their inboxes in 2036.

Slightly off topic but do you remember Titor stating he would never offer information, such as stock market results, that would give people an advantage? In the same "email" message he offered to leave emails in 1998 for the same people. In those emails he included the following,

"Based on the earlier questions I’ve seen, I’ve decided a day-to-day record of the Dow a day in advance should convince you that the messages are real in 1998."

So much for his moral and ethical commitment. Not to worry, however. Those emails would arrive in the inbox of people on some other world, not here, right? So how is it that the 1998 emails with Dow results for this world would convince someone on some other world that they were real? He already made clear that the information would not be accurate due to the "divergence". At this point Boomer has become so confused (and rattled) that he has forgotten what he already posted. This is the result of the arrival of one Dave Trott, a PhD candidate in physics (he now teaches astronomy). Dave's questions got to be rather pointed and technical, obviously beyond Boomer's limited Internet physics knowledge. Titor/TTO suddenly discovered that his window of opportunity to skidaddle opened a lot sooner than he previously calculated so he left. It was literally that fast.

The bottom line is Boomer's Saga was interesting. But all-in-all it really was a disjointed and inconsistent mess punctuated with laughable "physics". Have fun with exploring and commenting the topic but for god's sake don't take it seriously.

Last edited:
I'll admit it's something I've had in mind for many years, now. What if we're in a scenario, similar to what we find in the original Terminator (1-2-3) universe?

Judgment Day (WW3 in our case, here) can be delayed, but it can't be averted. It's inevitable.

It would mean that John only delayed the inevitable. Scary, but possible, I guess. Depends on how you take the whole Titor story and what you choose to believe in.
Not only WW3, but nowadays also something like a wind of a civil war is blowing in usa since Texas protests against government.

Did the domestic conflict trigger the international conflict?
No, it deals with the problem of mass immigration from south to usa through Texas's borders, and it happened after (or during) the rising of International conflicts in some key territories all over the world.

Anyways common worldlines maybe different in some aspects, like synchronicity of events.