Did Titor Warn Us of the Gas Shortages?

I was just talking about this with someone a couple months ago. New ways to live without gas came up and we were talking about algae.

>There was a gas distribution problem in California.
>Then there was a gas distribution problem in New England.
>If we had algae bio fuel, world tensions would relax immensely.
True, true, and true. But there really isn't a shortage of fuel, maybe a distribution problem though. Alaska has very large quantities of oils, but accessing that supply is hard because of political disputes. Algae fuel is just much more expensive (estimated around $8/gallon) and time consuming to produce, otherwise people would buy algae fuel.

It is going to be a very long process to get the planet's population to stop using planet-based fuels. Sorry, but that is just how it is going to work out. In 2012, it is impossible to discontinue planet-based fuel consumption. The curve is still climbing at this point, yet to peak for another 120 years when the curve will begin to descend rapidly as a result of many factors, but mostly due to new technology and a global political shift (according to the history as I understand it). It is not a sine wave, but more similar to the inner golden spiral dynamics, already quite evident in natural processes; human activity is also a natural process; therefore, simply-put, no human activity, by natural law, will ever produce any mathematically significant results in the overall outcome of the Earth's life-course (as Earth is far greater of an organism than the tiny humans who imagine supreme control, falsely).

Switch to one of these vehicle choices if you are so afraid of gas shortage.

Hyundai Provides Zero-Emissions Hydrogen Fuel Cell ix35 To Municipality of Copenhagen - Hyundai Motor Company Australia

Nissan LEAF® Electric Car: 100% electric. Zero gas. Zero tailpipe.
http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/lexus/hybrid.html
Toyota Prius 2013 | Prius Hybrid Cars

And how, given a fuel shortage (if there was one), would this be helpful? Electricity to charge the batteries has to be produced from some source of energy. It's mostly coal (but Obama warned that if someone wants to build a new coal plant they would go bankrupt - thanks to the EPA), hydroelectric (but no one can build one anymore - thanks to the EPA) or nuclear (but no one can build one anymore - thanks to the EPA).

The fact is, we don't have the generating capacity to convert a substantial portion of motor vehicles to electric - thanks to the EPA.

Suddenly, Californians are testing a new Algae Fuel!

California Drivers First to Test Algae Fuel - It's 80% petroleum and 20% algae

I got a chuckle out of this one. First, the fuel is biodiesel, not gasoline. Second, it's not California that's testing the fuel, it's just the San Francisco Bay area. What's so funny is that it is diesel and it is the Bay area. This is the same set of counties and cities that have given their absolute best effort to ban all forms of diesel fuel for the past 20 years. Contra Costa County succeeded in 2002 but the 9th District Court of Appeals overturned their legislation in 2004. Not because it was bad law. No, not that. Federal Supremacy over states, counties and cities. That's the reason.

So now The Bay wants diesel. They don't know what they want. It has "natural" products in it so it automatically must be good. It's a test program so the ~$4.50/gal they are paying for it now is a test price. Wait until the test is over, the fuel becomes mandatory and the (legitimate) R&D costs and profit get added to the price.

And because the Bay area definitely does not want diesel trucks in their area who will get to use this wonderful stuff? If it isn't trucks and most cars run on gasoline...

You got it - diesel luxury cars driven by the Bay area liberal elite. Wunderbare!

And how, given a fuel shortage (if there was one), would this be helpful? Electricity to charge the batteries has to be produced from some source of energy. It's mostly coal (but Obama warned that if someone wants to build a new coal plant they would go bankrupt - thanks to the EPA), hydroelectric (but no one can build one anymore - thanks to the EPA) or nuclear (but no one can build one anymore - thanks to the EPA).

The fact is, we don't have the generating capacity to convert a substantial portion of motor vehicles to electric - thanks to the EPA.

They are powered by solar power, sea waves and wind mill charged battery stations. Once the batteries are charged it can be carried to the regular vehicle recharge stations.

If the EPA stops or making obstacles to hydro and electric power development, the U.S. will be behind Europe and Asia in these fields of power generation, in the next few decades.

I understand that many oil share holders, CEOs and company giants want to do whatever they can to stop other fuel sources for the sake of their pockets. It has been done for many decades in the U.S.

John Titor mentioned solar and hydrogen. We'll see.

Hey JT- It's NOT COMPULSORY to mention those two words in every Topic, post and discussion you know!
Even you will get bored to tears at the mere mention of the damn name eventually! Jeeez.

I understand that many oil share holders, CEOs and company giants want to do whatever they can to stop other fuel sources for the sake of their pockets. It has been done for many decades in the U.S.

Number 1: Oil companies.

They deal in thin profit margins. Very thin margin. Regardless of what you pay at the pump the oil company is making a few pennies on the dollar. They deal in volume sales. If they sell a trillion gallons they make a few billion dollars.

Number 2: Who is "they"?

Who actually owns the oil companies? A few evil billionaires? No. The major share holders are retirement funds and a big portion of that is union retirement funds. Where the hell do you think your retirement funding will come from? Big Oil. That's where. You want to frack the oil companies have at it. While you're at it bent over, spread your cheeks and get ready to frack yourself up the wazoo.

When you decide that you can't afford to retire because your retirement fund is broke don't look to me to bail you out. I'll offer a 9 mm slug and a self-help kit to end your misery because you voted for this shit.

Number 1: Oil companies.

They deal in thin profit margins. Very thin margin. Regardless of what you pay at the pump the oil company is making a few pennies on the dollar. They deal in volume sales. If they sell a trillion gallons they make a few billion dollars.

Number 2: Who is "they"?

Who actually owns the oil companies? A few evil billionaires? No. The major share holders are retirement funds and a big portion of that is union retirement funds. Where the hell do you think your retirement funding will come from? Big Oil. That's where. You want to frack the oil companies have at it. While you're at it bent over, spread your cheeks and get ready to frack yourself up the wazoo.

When you decide that you can't afford to retire because your retirement fund is broke don't look to me to bail you out. I'll offer a 9 mm slug and a self-help kit to end your misery because you voted for this shit.

Darby, watch your language. Your eyes are dim and you cannot foresee the trend of the future. Your opinion is based on propagandas that is injected into your mind through mass media under political campaigns.

Retirement funds changes their investment based on market. And your fixed mind of the 60s cannot see that is happening already. Read this article of the past.

Renewable Energy Increasingly Attractive to Pension Funds, Oil, Insurance, Industrial Companies

"And your fixed mind of the 60s cannot see that is happening already."

I find Darby to be one of the few free thinkers around nowadays. Long may it continue!

I await the liberal taunts like "You wanna' stop the world and wanna get off" to be thrown in my general direction.
There is an art in not being indoctrinated by those sort, eventually it becomes easier, not harder.

Darby, watch your language. Your eyes are dim and you cannot foresee the trend of the future. Your opinion is based on propagandas that is injected into your mind through mass media under political campaigns.

Retirement funds changes their investment based on market. And your fixed mind of the 60s cannot see that is happening already. Read this article of the past.

Renewable Energy Increasingly Attractive to Pension Funds, Oil, Insurance, Industrial Companies

Yeah, old eyes. Here's just a part of the California Public Employees Retirement System (CALPers) current inventment portfolio that I culled just for the oil companies that I recognize:

Tutlow Oil, 3 mil shares, $60 mil
Marathon Oil bonds, $27 mil
Oilstates Intl bonds, $1 mil
Apco Oil, 310,000 shares, $1 mil
ATP Oil & Gas, 111,000 shares, $1.7 mil
Cabot Oil & Gas, 220,000 shares, $14.6 mil
Carrizo Oil, 73,000 shares, $4.2 mil
Forrest Oil, 1.75 mil shares, $4.2 mil
Frontier Oil, 210,000 shares, $8 mil
Interoil, 90,000 shares, $5.3 mil
Kodiak Oil & Gas, 400,000 shares, $2.4 mil
Lukoil (A), 35,000 shares, $2.2 mil
Lukoil (B), 1.2 mil shares, $78 mil
Anadarko Petroleum (A) bonds, $27 mil
Anadarko (B) bonds, $29 mil
Marathon Petroleum bonds, $10 mil
Markwest Energy Partners bonds, $2.3 mil
Petrobras Intl bonds, $95 mil
Petroleos Mexicanos bonds, $10 mil
Whiting Petroleum bonds, $2 mil
Plains Exploration & Production bonds (A thru C), $5.3 mil
Newfield Exploration bonds, $4 mil
Ration Oil Exploration, 13 mil shares, $1.5
PTT Exploration & Production, 130,900 shares, $728 T *
Hindustan Oil Exploration, 3,000 shares, $12 T
Celtic Exploration, 275,000 shares, $6 mil
Anver Oil Exploration, 3.3 mil shares, $2 mil
Solitario Exploration, 14,000 shares, $40 T

CALPers in just one union retirement system with a portfolio heavily invested in oil. Because it is a public employees retirement system it has to be more conservative in it's portfolio spread. Other than that it is not at all unusual in its investment choices. There are thousands of retirement systems and they are all invested similarly.

And this doesn't even touch 457(b)'s, 401(k)'s, IRA's and other personal retirement accounts that are either directly invested in oil equities and bonds and/or mutuals that are invested in oil equities and bonds.

* CALPers is currently in the process of divesting in PTT not because it is a bad investment but because it has "questionable" ties to Iran and is a company under the Iran Investment Act that must be reviewed and sold off if the Trustees believe that it is in the best interest of the fund.

I can see that your eye is focusing on immediate market of today as in 2012, while my point of view is 20 years apart from today. You will see that CALPers will shift its investment to foreign real estate and other energy sources in the coming years, just like the economy is going to shift its energy investment to survive.

Do you see the current 2011-2012 interest return of CALPser is dropping year after year when it is stuck in a single primary investment on oil market rather than multiple diverse investments model?

I can see that your eye is focusing on immediate market of today as in 2012, while my point of view is 20 years apart from today.

No, you changed your story based on my rebuttal. You originally stated:

your fixed mind of the 60s cannot see that is happening already.

If you meant 20 years from now you would have said, "Twenty years from now", but you didn't. You were simply wrong and I posted clear and concise evidence to that end.

No, you changed your story based on my rebuttal. You originally stated:

If you meant 20 years from now you would have said, "Twenty years from now", but you didn't. You were simply wrong and I posted clear and concise evidence to that end.

Read the following news, Darby. It is happening already. Can't you see the future in it's long-term investment?

California State Employees Bet On China Real Estate - Forbes
Calpers to invest $530m in China|Home|chinadaily.com.cn
CalPERS Invests $1.2 Billion in Renewable Energy

Back