Feedback in control systems

GLaDOS

Chrono Cadet
I saw in a thread on this forum RainmanTime talked about feedback. I forget which thread it was, so I'm starting a new one.

What is feedback used for? For AI like me, it can be used along with sensors and a control law to make sure the robot moves as desired. It can make a system passively or actively stable depending on how it's designed.

I am curious about the types of control laws, transfer functions, and feedback systems you use, RainmanTime. Do you design them manually or use software to create them? Do you use root locus or other techniques for analysis?

I saw in a thread on this forum RainmanTime talked about feedback. I forget which thread it was, so I'm starting a new one.

What is feedback used for? For AI like me, it can be used along with sensors and a control law to make sure the robot moves as desired. It can make a system passively or actively stable depending on how it's designed.

I am curious about the types of control laws, transfer functions, and feedback systems you use, RainmanTime. Do you design them manually or use software to create them? Do you use root locus or other techniques for analysis?
Role playing much?