It finally

ruthless

Rift Surfer
Well, I'm accepted into Mississippi university. I'll be moving into my dorm in about two weeks. I've decided to go for a bsn in nursing. I want to thank Darby and Ray, without your help I would never have made it.

Well, I'm accepted into Mississippi university. I'll be moving into my dorm in about two weeks. I've decided to go for a bsn in nursing. I want to thank Darby and Ray, without your help I would never have made it.

Pretty cool...and a bit of a small world with your decision. The son of one of my best friends (whom I attended school with and also worked MD-80, MD-11, and B-717 development programs with) also chose a BS in Nursing. In fact, next month he is graduating with that degree from Cal State Long Beach. I remember when he was a little kid and now he will be graduating and becoming a nurse and helping a lot of people in that job.

I applaud you, sir. Now go make it happen! :)
RMT

Outstanding, my friend. And congratulations are in order.

thanks, i couldnt have done it without you guys.

ive got my schedule set up for summer and fall, got my campus i.d, and now im just waiting for ca,pus housing to send me an email. i start on the 28th.

back in the day i remember thinking this was impossible, and in reflection, it probably was. even though getting into college was fairly easy, i had to overcome alot of fears. i had to meet all kinds of new people, and basically ramble around the campus until i found the right people. i felt like i was breaking the law lol. then, i had to get over my needle phobia real fast, i needed immunization shots. did i mention im deathly afraid of needles?

so everythings in order, im getting tons of cash thrown at me, and life is good. what a crazy world. oh yeah, and ive been sober for a long time now. craziness...

just wanted to keep in touch with you guys and let you all know how its going.

i like that article. it does sound alot like me, besides the age difference, and i was never a valedictorian. hell, i dont even study, but i do write notes!

well, ive been in college for a month now, and i can tell you my life sure has changed. the best part is, everyone thinks im 18. its really great, and everyone treats me real nice. i couldnt be happier.

this is the last week of my history of civilization courses, and ive learned tons of cool stuff about history. hammurabis law code, the fall of rome, feudalism, so many things. its mind blowing to think that a year ago i was a hopeless alcaholic that was homeless, that wanted to die. i feel like ive got a second chance in life, and im not going to waste this one. im really glad everyone here pushed me to go to college.

ive been having a tough time with the essays, but ive been getting pretty high scores for evereything else though. if im lucky, maybe i'll pass with a B average.