John Titor showed us how time travelers communicate

cyb0rg1

Temporal Novice
I posted this as a reply on another thread but I think it warrants it's own, so here it is.

John Titor:Q- Let me ask you one simple question: instead of sitting at your computer, why not present yourself to the government?JT- Please take a look at the front cover of this month's (technology magazine) because its a great example of your legacy to 2036 after the war. One side of the cover describes in great detail how your government is already spying on you. On the other side (and just as important) it tells you how to install a hot tub.

The reason time travelers do not reveal themselves is because your society scares the hell out of us. We do not want to end up in a cement room on a permanent supply of truth drugs as men with lab coats poke at our machine.
A month later this happens:
spacer.png

But instead of a "Hot Tub" on the back cover, we have this:.

spacer.png

See it for yourself.

It's a little strange this is the ad on the back of April 2001 Popular Mechanics isn't it? A month after he made the statement (which he only could have done if he were time traveling although to be fair, magazines often send out issues way in advance - sometimes months ahead of the date on the cover).

It is also a little strange they would show a round air filter and case when the 2001 Silvarado air filtration system didn't even resemble it, don't you think? Google, why is part of the text covered with a seal?

spacer.png

Notice it is "being installed", just as he said it was. Maybe the "Hot Tub" is a time machine they call "Hot Tub" in homage to Hot Tub Time Machine (which obviously hadn't been filmed yet in 2001). Maybe it is a device installed into vehicles to convert them into time machines?

spacer.png

Obviously this is an ad time travelers were using to contact each other. Maybe there is some sort of code?.

I managed to find the same ad without the seal over it:

spacer.png

I wonder who was answering the phones at 877-THE-TRUCK that month?

spacer.png

Curious as to the photo of the engine you posted. You mentioned the 2001 Silverado, yet, posted the image of an engine ; a 2011 GMC Yukon Denali.

IF you're referring to the round filter looking object with the caliper on top of it - that is a Motortrend trophy for vehicle of the year - and is not any type of mechanical/electronic device at all. So am confused as to what exactly you're referencing in that portion of your post.

Are you claiming that the trophy is a component of a time traveling machine called "Hot Tub"?

The portion where you are quoting John Titor ,

cyb0rg:One side of the cover describes in great detail how your government is already spying on you. On the other side (and just as important) it tells you how to install a hot tub.
I don't think he is talking about the "back" of the magazine. I believe he is talking about the "front" cover only.
On the left side of the cover "in great detail how your government is already spying on you", and on the other side of the cover ( right side of the front cover ) is Great Outdoor Living - Hot Tubs , Lighting, Furniture, Grills, And More !

The Chevy Silverado advertisement never was referenced by JT at all.

Interesting... so the Motortrend vehicle of the year trophy represents a time machine. Good work
OK, so this is what you're claiming in your first post?
You believe the Motortrend trophy represents a time machine or a component thereof?

lol, my past slipped through. \m/

Actually was trying out the delete feature of the forums new format.

You've ignored the published post. It's OK, can totally understand why you are doing so.