On the subject of PROJECT:MYRIAD

Badfellow

Temporal Novice
Greetings to you all.

Who I am is largely irrelevant, but you may call me Badfellow. I am nothing so outstanding an example as a time or phase traveler. Rather my work for some years has been as an analyst and civilian consultant for a number of government entities and projects. Much of it is highly sensitive and ongoing work, and for this reason you may find certain details are kept purposefully vague rather than being redacted altogether. I detest redactions.

Despite the afore mentioned sensitivity, I feel it necessary that some light be shed upon these projects through whatever means are available, including this obscure and by appearance inactive digital forum. Call me a whistleblower if the name fits. The truth should be known.

My current work is attached with the multi-agency effort designated PROJECT: MYRIAD. Falling loosely under the operational authority of the Defense Intelligence Agency, MYRIAD draws a wide variety of resources from military and federal pools, not to mention sources such as the Brookings Institution and other civilian trusts.

In a nutshell, the primary objective of MYRIAD is “to identify, observe and gather intelligence upon temporal incursions which might pose threat to national security”. This objective also includes what are called “parallel incursions” or “phase shifting” from what are in essence any number of alternate realities. On several occasions of which I am personally aware, MYRIAD has also been authorized to deploy military response options should the circumstance arise.

I must keep it short for now. But please know I stand ready in any attempt to answer your questions for I have touched upon little and there is so very much to explain.

Perhaps I should start with a bit of basic background and related definition as pertains to my work with PROJECT: MYRIAD. For the reader’s benefit, I will do my best to refrain from rambling elaborations or esoteric jargon.

As has been previously mentioned, there are two primary types of incursions with which MYRIAD is concerned.

The first is a temporal incursion which is essentially a breach or transverse manipulation of linear time as we perceive it. Not only do these incursions originate from points in the future but likewise from the distant past where facilities are maintained by future interests in serving various ends and purposes.

Temporal incursions are relatively rare. This is given the advanced technology and tremendous output of energy required to effect a stable window through which materials and personnel might pass. Such windows are also capable of exerting significant amounts of stress on the human subject both physically and mentally. We know that various protective buffers and extensive preliminary conditioning are required to successfully transit these windows.

Most of the temporal incursions identified by MYRIAD are committed by autonomous, unmanned devices tasked to observe and gather data.

The second type of incursion is classified by official protocol as a parallel incursion or more commonly as a “phase shift”. Unlike a temporal incursion, a phase shift incident originates from a point parallel in temporal relation to our own.

Without becoming needlessly technical, these parallel points exist as a reality alternate to our own where the course of events differ by varying degree, sometimes shockingly so. And there are MANY of these parallels while incidents of parallel incursion continue to increase. Were I I being completely honest, I would tell you that the multitude of issues and possibilities raised by these incursions scares the cold, living hell out of me.

The technology and resources required for the process of phase shifting are not nearly as intricate or daunting as the near mystic ability to fold windows in time. It is also somewhat worrisome that phase shift technology has been proliferated across any number of identified parallels. It has been confirmed that several of these parallels are currently occupied by hostile interests with highly invasive agendas.

Welcome to TTI, @Badfellow!

In a nutshell, the primary objective of MYRIAD is “to identify, observe and gather intelligence upon temporal incursions which might pose threat to national security”.
Can you help me understand how this is accomplished? What separates a national security threat from any other type of incursion, and how would it be identified in the first place?

Who has the means to attempt an incursion in the first place?

Were I I being completely honest, I would tell you that the multitude of issues and possibilities raised by these incursions scares the cold, living hell out of me.
I love a good scare. Anything you can share would be fascinating.

The technology and resources required for the process of phase shifting are not nearly as intricate or daunting as the near mystic ability to fold windows in time.
I thought I understood what you meant, but I don’t think I do. Can you elaborate on this a little more?

It is also somewhat worrisome that phase shift technology has been proliferated across any number of identified parallels. It has been confirmed that several of these parallels are currently occupied by hostile interests with highly invasive agendas.
How are parallels identified?

Great thread, great information.

Thank you for the welcome, Cosmo. I am still getting the feel for this forum though thus far my feelings are positive. May time always be on your side.

Inquisitive Cosmo, you have posed a great number of questions, all of them quite relevant and fantastic. Let us address your first question regarding the whole morass of national security and how these incursions are identified or classified as threats.

I should first be clear that by “government” I mean the United States of America, that very same with which you are undoubtedly familiar and here at the present temporal point in the year 2021.

As for incursions, these are identified by any number of means varying from simple eyewitness accounts to highly advanced equipment capable of detecting anomalous particle shifts and energy signatures. There is an entire department within MYRIAD dedicated specifically to the task. This is in addition to intelligence and hard data cross-gathered from other agencies and even other governments. I would so much as go out on a limb as to say there is close cooperation between certain European and Asian allies who by default of necessity are running their own programs or projects.

Once identified, how is an incursion deemed to be a threat to national security?

That decision lies upon shoulders well above my pay grade. In doctrine, all incursions whether temporal or parallel are considered to be a potential threat- or as I once heard it said by a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “there is no such thing as a friendly incursion”. Threat level is classified by degree similar to that of the defense condition system with a low level threat registering in the green while a more urgent and potentially harmful threat might nose from orange well into the red.

My morning cup of coffee is usually accompanied by a file on some new level red threat subject.

Deserving of their own tomes are the tangled acts of espionage constantly being perpetrated by parallel entities such as Germania, the Blue Republic and the Centralian Empire, and from other howling and harshly inhospitable parallels come threats from abominations so horrific as to make all logic and composure flee from mind.

As stated before, temporal incursions are relatively rare though they do happen often enough. A temporal incursion receives it’s own unique incident classification in addition to threat level assessment, and it is fair to say that the incident reports remain highly classified and compartmentalized to key personnel within MYRIAD.

If you want my personal opinion, I believe the “future people”, whoever they are, have sufficient understanding regarding the repercussions of tinkering with time and thus limit their interactions overall to observation. But who knows. I could be dead wrong.

I will do my best to answer the remainder of your questions in order. Thank you for your understanding and patience as it is a considerable amount of material to cover.

So you enjoy a good scare?

Let us examine a file originating from August of 2010, one I personally remember. The incident took place near a small, rural town in southern Ohio. Owing to circumstances yet to be identified, the immediately localized area became highly conductive to a spontaneous phase shift event, thereby causing parallel incursion from a domain that had already been identified remotely as being “toxic and/or hostile to human presence”.

Elements of Delta and MYRIAD Joint Operations Forces were immediately deployed as we established real-time satellite imagery of the horror show unfolding on the ground. And there I tell you we could scarcely believe what we were seeing.

I could try to describe to you the abomination we have since designated as the Flailing Maw. But perhaps it is better summarized by the report of a US Army intelligence officer who was on the ground in Ohio during the incident.

"The body mass is bulbous and slug-like, approximately 10 meters in girth and some 40 to 50 meters in length. The outer layer is composed of a grayish, chitinous material formed in overlapping scales. Small arms fire completely ineffective. Conventional charges largely ineffective.

She goes on in her report with chilling objectivity.

Anterior portion of body is dominated by a maw or mouth-like feature approximately 6 to 8 meters in diameter and ringed by many sets of barbs or teeth. The exterior of the maw is further surrounded by dozens of tentacle or cable-like appendages capable of full articulation. Each appendage is tipped with a chitinous, barbed growth in the form of a rudimentary hook which enables it to ensnare objects or prey. The appendages are highly resistant to severing and have shown sufficient strength to manipulate vehicles and other heavy objects. These have been observed to exceed up to 150 meters in length.”

Long story short, the Flailing Maw was indeed neutralized by a concentrated air strike of mixed high explosive and incendiary munitions. This was after 17 personnel casualties and over 400 civilian casualties, all of them maimed and consumed alive by a monstrosity born from an ungodly reality just a phase shift away from our own.

And as if to add insult to injury, the dispatched body of the creature left in its wake a spew of toxic globules which saturated into the ground and have since rendered the restricted area as completely uninhabitable. You can thank the spin docs for crediting that one to PCB contamination.